Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You have not been attacked. Your post was attacked, not you. Don't play the victim.
You called him ignorant. You can't pretend that's just an insult of his post, it is of course an insult towards him.

D

Deleted member 22389

Quote Originally Posted by Lever View Post
https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-h...use-of-brexit/

'UK households £600 worse off because of Brexit
The National Institute for Economic and Social Research said the economic slowdown in the UK is directly attributable to the vote to leave the European Union......'

read on....

Oh.... they are independent 'experts' in their field so are probably just scaremongering.

Portslade Gull: Yep scaremongering you've got it.

This is wilful ignorance

600 a year worse off, load of cobblers.

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely, we won't save money by leaving the EU, overall, we will be worse off.

It's like me getting rid of my Van and thinking I will be better off because I am not paying for insurance and road tax, only trouble is, without the van, I am limited to only taking on the jobs I can get to on my bike with the small amount of tools I can carry in a back pack.

How long will we be worse off for, any time scale or is it indefinite meltdown of the UK economy, will we become a third world nation overnight :facepalm:
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Please don't show your ignorance of the Scottish people by referring to them as a drink. If you are trying to be witty, it isn't working.

You called him ignorant. You can't pretend that's just an insult of his post, it is of course an insult towards him.

Showing ignorance is not the same as calling someone ignorant. I can show ignorance about quantum physics, but that doesn't make me an ignorant person.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are you suggesting Remainers are richer than leavers, I've heard it all now:facepalm:
regards
DR

I didn't say that, but feel free to have your own views

Fact is a for a lot of people £600 a year is the difference between visiting a food bank and not visiting one...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Where is this proof that the country will be 'destroyed'?

I may change my mind once I have seen irrefutable evidence of such.

Can you please define 'destroyed' in this context?

An event that hasn't happened before, yet a few Mystic Megs know the future. Fantastic.

If you accept that our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, then if Scotland leaves, the Great Britain part is broken, and if Northern Ireland leave, then obviously that breaks too. The poll shows that a majority of Tory Members are ok with that, as long as Brexit happens, whether the break up of the Union happens or not is irrelevant in the context of Truflehounds statement, which just claims they are happy for it to happen, if it means they get Brexit.

Jan 30, 2008
I didn't say that, but feel free to have your own views

Fact is a for a lot of people £600 a year is the difference between visiting a food bank and not visiting one...

You could say the same thing about an interest rate rise and some people being repossessed
regards
DR

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They've got nothing else to bring to the table , same old shit different day , as I said a while back this thread had become a councilling room where they can roll up and make themselves feel a bit better about themselves by giving out a few thumbs up

Oh the irony. :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And if the Scotch vote to go it alone in the next few years anyway?

They had a fairly strong remain response to their last one, only Brexit happening is likely to change that. It's like the bloke that gets married but sleeps with every woman he can still, as his wife might leave him in a couple of years anyway, and then his wife leaves him because he sleeps around.

Jan 30, 2008
If you accept that our country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, then if Scotland leaves, the Great Britain part is broken, and if Northern Ireland leave, then obviously that breaks too. The poll shows that a majority of Tory Members are ok with that, as long as Brexit happens, whether the break up of the Union happens or not is irrelevant in the context of Truflehounds statement, which just claims they are happy for it to happen, if it means they get Brexit.

Not everyone is a Tory who voted for Brexit ,why dont you just admit we're leaving the EU its nothing to be ashamed of
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's the last chance saloon for them it's every man for themselves now
regards
DR

Well, good luck with your benefits lifestyle. The welfare state is going to get decimated and it’s folks like you who will be first against the wall. They’re gonna sanction you into poor house.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Happy to break their own party as well for the sake of Brexit. Are they finished as the broadchurch they once were, over taken with zealots.

Its a long way back for them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here