Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As someone who works with the Trussell Trust it’s disappointing that you seem unhappy with the work that foodbanks do. If you want to be cruel rather than kind to people in food poverty that’s your call.

As for the snide comment about Marcus Rashford…no surprise there given your views and his skin colour.

Given the number of times he's been banned for racism, I thought that he was going to stick to the anti-Semitism of his earlier post a couple of pages back, but I'm sure the mods are on top of the situation given the new NSC directive ???

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
As someone who works with the Trussell Trust it’s disappointing that you seem unhappy with the work that foodbanks do. If you want to be cruel rather than kind to people in food poverty that’s your call.

As for the snide comment about Marcus Rashford…no surprise there given your views and his skin colour.

So what, the facts are poor kids living in deprived areas are overwhelmingly more likely to be overweight and obese than underweight. From the stats….

“Among reception (age 4-5) children in 2020/21, 9.1% of those in the least deprived areas are obese compared with 19.7% of those in the most deprived areas. In Year 6 (age 10-11), 15.5% of children in the least deprived areas are obese, compared with 32.1% in the most deprived areas. So in both age groups, children in the most deprived areas are approximately twice as likely to be obese. Rates of severely obese children are around four times higher in the most deprived areas.”

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn03336/

In U.K. nearly 2/3rds adults they are overweight or obese, again statistically higher in deprived areas.

So, the poor in the U.K. are not starving…….you and Saint Marcus can pat yourself on your back as long as you like, food banks have a place but the “problem” is not that there is not enough food. Far from it.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So what, the facts are poor kids living in deprived areas are overwhelmingly more likely to be overweight and obese than underweight. From the stats….

“Among reception (age 4-5) children in 2020/21, 9.1% of those in the least deprived areas are obese compared with 19.7% of those in the most deprived areas. In Year 6 (age 10-11), 15.5% of children in the least deprived areas are obese, compared with 32.1% in the most deprived areas. So in both age groups, children in the most deprived areas are approximately twice as likely to be obese. Rates of severely obese children are around four times higher in the most deprived areas.”

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn03336/

In U.K. nearly 2/3rds adults they are overweight or obese, again statistically higher in deprived areas.

So, the poor in the U.K. are not starving…….you and Saint Marcus can pat yourself on your back as long as you like, food banks have a place but the “problem” is not that there is not enough food. Far from it.

Food banks are emblematic of a failure of governance and that is the 'place' they have in our society.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A different Brexit can certainly work better, but economically it will not make up for what some of us willingly gave up, apparently on behalf of all of us.

Trying to be pragmatic there are the things that need to happen. A return to the EU would be in our interests but its not going to happen in the near term

a) Get rid of the most corrupt government and incompetent is the past 100 years

b) Establish a more sensible relationship with Europe to make Brexit work less bad. Sure up the Union of the UK

c) Reform the electoral system completely

d) Get the government that reflects public opinion. The result will ultimate lead us back

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really can't see how Starmer can make Brexit " work " ..its utterly impossible. The only hope is that the next government tries to make it work, accepts they can't make it work and then says to the country " sorry, we are stuffed " ...this is what you voted for, so either we accept our dwindling International alliances and standing and our permanently hamstrung economy or we have to negotiate some form of re-entry."

I'm a passionate SingleMarketeer. I don't care whether it is within or outside the EU - but for me Brexit can only work with Single Market membership.

For me this Labour Hard Brexit policy is no different to the Tory Headbangers Brexit.

But I now no longer have my LibDem / Labour conflict and all is totally clear.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Food banks are emblematic of a failure of governance and that is the 'place' they have in our society.

There are plenty of examples that are emblematic of governance failure; I will see your concern about organisations that provide free food for deprived fatties, and raise you organisations that provide legal services courtesy of the tax payer that prevent the deportation of convicted foreign criminals, for offences including.

Sexual crimes such as rape, sexual abuse, incest, buggery, bestiality.
Terrorism and terrorist-related activity.

https://www.immigrationsolicitors4m...92kRGe9gGbAT4eqwefxDAyYxIjWd1k1xoCyboQAvD_BwE

This organisation has a success rate of 98%……..in short…….f*ck the victims of these crimes.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'm a passionate SingleMarketeer. I don't care whether it is within or outside the EU - but for me Brexit can only work with Single Market membership.

For me this Labour Hard Brexit policy is no different to the Tory Headbangers Brexit.

But I now no longer have my LibDem / Labour conflict and all is totally clear.

You need to keep an eye on events, whilst there is a focus for the negative news in U.K., we shouldn’t ignore negative economic indicators in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-trade-deficit-since-1991-as-inflation-soars

It’s not for me to predict what will happen in Germany, the EU’s economic engine, should Putin squeeze them on Gas but they clearly have problems which will reverberate in the EU.

You want to rejoin single market, the conditions could be like chaining ourselves to a corpse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are plenty of examples that are emblematic of governance failure; I will see your concern about organisations that provide free food for deprived fatties, and raise you organisations that provide legal services courtesy of the tax payer that prevent the deportation of convicted foreign criminals, for offences including.

https://www.immigrationsolicitors4m...92kRGe9gGbAT4eqwefxDAyYxIjWd1k1xoCyboQAvD_BwE

This organisation has a success rate of 98%……..in short…….f*ck the victims of these crimes.

Deprived fatties, welcome to the Thatcherite dream

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Do you think this is like some sort of gambling game?

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Trying to be pragmatic there are the things that need to happen. A return to the EU would be in our interests but its not going to happen in the near term

a) Get rid of the most corrupt government and incompetent is the past 100 years

b) Establish a more sensible relationship with Europe to make Brexit work less bad. Sure up the Union of the UK

c) Reform the electoral system completely

d) Get the government that reflects public opinion. The result will ultimate lead us back

Spot on

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You need to keep an eye on events, whilst there is a focus for the negative news in U.K., we shouldn’t ignore negative economic indicators in the EU.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-trade-deficit-since-1991-as-inflation-soars

It’s not for me to predict what will happen in Germany, the EU’s economic engine, should Putin squeeze them on Gas but they clearly have problems which will reverberate in the EU.

You want to rejoin single market, the conditions could be like chaining ourselves to a corpse.

as it stands, we're chained to a mill stone, corpses float

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

98%, wow. Are the Home Office/CPS lawyers exceedingly shit or are they not following the laws? Otherwise they surely wouldn’t lose almost all their cases. Shocking waste of tax payers money.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

An Englishman telling Germany they have problems. :lolol:

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
98%, wow. Are the Home Office/CPS lawyers exceedingly shit or are they not following the laws? Otherwise they surely wouldn’t lose almost all their cases. Shocking waste of tax payers money.

Eeeeets complicaaated.

https://dailynationtoday.com/refuge...al-to-stay-in-britain-is-dodging-deportation/

Incompetency or otherwise, as demonstrated by the above case the legal deck appears to be loaded against the victims and/or the U.K. Government’s right to deport convicted criminals.

I have no doubt there is a constituency of people in 5his country who are quite happy with this state of affairs, however it does nothing to assuage the concern of many that the ECHR (for example) does not work and the U.K. would be better off out of it……sound familiar?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Jeez, you make it sound so offensive……..thank Jehovah I’m not Jewish eh?

Any road, let’s be clear, some of your leather short wearing mates are on der brink……time will tell whether Germany and wider EU will be in der kart.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07...-germany-maintenance-europe-concern/101226656

Viel Gluck kamerad.

Nothing to do with Brexit but back on the subject...

UK loses critical science funding because of Brexit row

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/jo...itical-science-funding-because-of-brexit-row/

More than 100 grants from the prestigious €95.5bn Horizon Europe funding programme have been terminated because the UK failed to resolve the row over the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Back in fantasy island Tory leaders candidates talk of tax cuts, all unfunded...

franks brother

How's it going
FXkcZ6RXgAIvSsx.jpg:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here