Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My list is work in progress, many of the benefits haven’t even been realised yet, like any messy divorce it’s only years later you say to yourself “god I wish I’d done that sooner”

I liken you Dave as the person who’s just been petitioned for divorce and are listing all the positives for staying together, most materially true and obvious, but deep down the petitioner knows that in their heart they want to break free.

Anyway today is an example where we the UK ( following EU Guidelines) were able to regulate one of the vaccines without waiting for the EMA. [emoji6][emoji106]

More of this type of time saving and bureaucratic delay in my humble view will surface over the months & years to come [emoji6]

Which, as was pointed out earlier, we have always been able to, the whole time we have been in the EU. (You remember a few posts ago when I quoted the real expert in all this, Dr June Raine who explained we are still working under the exact same EU regulations as we were when full members of the EU, and which we will continue working under until 1st Jan 2021.

So there has been no time saving at all, and it seems not a single Brexit benefit is in any danger of breaking the 'surface' whatsoever. (Other, apparently, than a warm feeling which I believe can have a number of causes, mostly not good).

Someone's getting forgetful :wink:

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
With the inability of anyone finding good news, why not?

To reflect, and support your 'view', give us a list of positives to balance out the many negatives

Our of the single market , out of the custom union , blue passports ,saving billions not bailing the EU out , keep warm David
Regards
DF

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My list is work in progress, many of the benefits haven’t even been realised yet, like any messy divorce it’s only years later you say to yourself “god I wish I’d done that sooner”

I liken you Dave as the person who’s just been petitioned for divorce and are listing all the positives for staying together, most materially true and obvious, but deep down the petitioner knows that in their heart they want to break free.

Anyway today is an example where we the UK ( following EU Guidelines) were able to regulate one of the vaccines without waiting for the EMA. [emoji6][emoji106]

More of this type of time saving and bureaucratic delay in my humble view will surface over the months & years to come [emoji6]

You mean stuff like this ? 11 million customs declarations between Eire and NI ?

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/bob-stewart-shocked-following-brexit-customs-declaration-revelation-6596722

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
cant be many pro Brexit / pro vaxers ?

Perhaps if it suits the argument today, tomorrow they can go back to the conspiracy theories

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
One question before I head out of here with my tale between my legs, why haven’t any EU countries approved this vaccine?

According to the German Health Minister, It's because the Eu member states wanted to act collectively and wait for EMA approval so yes in one sense you are correct ... being a non-member has meant we can get the vaccine faster :thumbsup:

[TWEET]1334128871617257476[/TWEET]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
According to the German Health Minister, It's because the Eu member states wanted to act collectively and wait for EMA approval so yes in one sense you are correct ... being a non-member has meant we can get the vaccine faster :thumbsup:

To be fair probably your best effort to try and find a benefit of Brexit in 4 years of posting.

We're still in the transitional period and yes we're "still" allowed to make emergency approval of drugs as an individual country under the EU directive

Anyway, big thanks to the German government for putting to Euro400m to help bring us the vaccine. Now lets hope our government don't f**k up the rollout

What the latest on the Pfizer cold storage facility in Havant, still closing? Hopefully no supply chain interruption from Belgium in the new year...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Surely even the most looney of Europhiles can see the humour in this - the world is on it's arse and the Germans are getting pissed off because they're tied up in their own process and regulation which they can't comprehend any deviation from!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I always had you down as one of the more moderate Leavers who wanted a reasonable deal. However, you seem to have been led down the garden path completely, to where you are still trying to justify the complete clusterf*** that we find ourselves in today. You were't always this extreme on Brexit.

Sorry, but

View attachment 130886

Come on Watford, you of all people should be able to spot a tongue in cheek comment!

Serious discussion on this forum is pointless, but my serious prediction is that a deal will be signed and it'll either be in the 11th hour and 59th minute or two weeks into January once no deal has focused a few minds. This is now all a big game of brinkmanship.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Surely even the most looney of Europhiles can see the humour in this - the world is on it's arse and the Germans are getting pissed off because they're tied up in their own process and regulation which they can't comprehend any deviation from!

Spot the grown up...

Capture.JPG

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Perhaps Europe thinks of everyone rather than take an insular approach, after all, the main purpose is to stop the spread and the countries in mainland Europe are all connected

I don't agree that a Brexit / Trumpist / Nationalistic approach is helpfull with a global problem

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It really shouldn't be a surprise, it's what this Government does.

As Michael Heseltine said about Johnson: “a man who waits to see the way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says, ‘Follow me’.”

If he sees any chance of success anywhere, he'll dive in and try and take any credit he can. A couple of weeks ago, it was all about the Oxford Vaccine, now it's the German one, add in a nice little lie about the speed of approval being down to Brexit and the terminally naive and stupid will lap it up, same as always, and then wonder why their own situation is still getting worse :shrug:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
'Led the charge'? Are we re-writing history? When this thing hit us, and the severity of it understood, in March, face coverings were made law, and borders were shut, Europe locked down, Johnson strong leadership asked for people to wash their hands. Led the way? My arse.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
IT just shows up the Little Englander mentality doesn't it. There's a lot of very insecure people that use it to fill the void.

If all else fails start a new culture war, its all they have. Meanwhile, our death rate per capita from Covid is quadruple that of Germany.

Johnson's Vote Leave government of nodding dogs has failed us all..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'll repeat one more time for the terminally hard of thinking. Every member of the EU can use their Own Sovereign Government to decide on how the approval was done, same as always. UK and Germany made different decisions. It is absolutely nothing to do with being a member or not :facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

No wonder you never grasped any aspect of this whole Brexit thing and embarrassed yourself so frequently that you felt the need to set up another account. (Don't forget my thumbs up for this post on your 'funny' account).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here