Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forgive me for being ignorant but how exactly do The Brexit Party plan on having the final word on Brexit unless they become the U.K. government? Or is that their plan?
Farage will want a coalition with the Tories.

It would not surprise that his price would be to be made Foreign Secretary. From there he can follow an agenda to upset all our allies - far worse than Boris - and please his mates in the Kremlin.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It must be so frustrating for someone like you that the Withdrawal Agreement and the exact Brexit you voted for 3 years ago is there within touching distance, but the Tories and Labour won't vote for it.

Still, I'm sure The Brexit Party and Nigel Farage, Ann Widdecombe and Rees-Mogg's sister with the name like the Latin term for a sexually transmitted disease et al will shake some sense into them and it'll pass and we'll stop being an international embarrassment soon enough.

You mock yet it was the rise of UKIP that put enough pressure on the Tories to run the referendum. These elections are meaningless to most voters so it's an ideal time to show the two main parties what people want - I certainly don't expect the Brexit Party to deliver Brexit themselves !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Forgive me for being ignorant but how exactly do The Brexit Party plan on having the final word on Brexit unless they become the U.K. government? Or is that their plan?

UKIP forced the referendum .... it's about scaring the two main parties.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You mock yet it was the rise of UKIP that put enough pressure on the Tories to run the referendum. These elections are meaningless to most voters so it's an ideal time to show the two main parties what people want - I certainly don't expect the Brexit Party to deliver Brexit themselves !

I'm sure The Brexit Party will give both the Tories and Labour a right stuffing and the likelihood of the Withdrawal Agreement finally passing will increase significantly as a result and you might just get the exact Brexit you voted for 3 years ago, so I can understand the appeal of you voting them.

To some other people though - Nigel Farage, Ann Widdecombe and Rees-Mogg's sister - it's manna from heaven. We can go back to the good old days and end the political correctness gone mad of shops opening on a Sunday, the smoking ban and pubs not shutting at 2pm on a Sunday. Restore some good old 'Judeo-Christian morals' and end the virtue signaling of multi cultural 21st century Britain and go back to how things used to be.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Ah. Like a pressure group rather than anyone making a realistic play for power. Basically bullying them into crashing out with no deal. And then where will Farage go, presumably he’ll scamper off with his EU pension and the rest of his millions and his immigrant wife?

Probably a good chance he’ll succeed.
Anyway, lovely day out there and I just started annual leave so heading up to the downs for a walk in the sun and then back for Bruno’s last strides on the hallowed turf.
Have a good day one and all
TC

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's not about restoring the UK's credability - it's about kicking the Tories, and to a lesser extent Labour, where it hurts for their utter failure to deliver Brexit. If both the main parties had done what they both promised then there would be no need for a Brexit Party.

To an extent, of course. What are your thoughts on the fact that of the 1300 seats lost by the Tories in the local elections 900 of them went to parties with strong anti-Brexit positions?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
To an extent, of course. What are your thoughts on the fact that of the 1300 seats lost by the Tories in the local elections 900 of them went to parties with strong anti-Brexit positions?

As I said before, I don't link local elections to the Brexit issue - I still voted Tory locally. Elections for the body we want to actually leave are completely different.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As I said before, I don't link local elections to the Brexit issue - I still voted Tory locally. Elections for the body we want to actually leave are completely different.

Brexit party MEPs will have no influence whatsoever on leaving the EU. That is entirely down to Westminster, as our parliament has sovereignty.
The Brexit party is nothing but a protest party.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It must be so frustrating for someone like you that the Withdrawal Agreement and the exact Brexit you voted for 3 years ago is there within touching distance, but the Tories and Labour won't vote for it.

Still, I'm sure The Brexit Party and Nigel Farage, Ann Widdecombe and Rees-Mogg's sister with the name like the Latin term for a sexually transmitted disease et al will shake some sense into them and it'll pass and we'll stop being an international embarrassment soon enough.
Are you inferring that a huge lead for the brexit party in some way makes brexit less likely? All the political pieces I've read, in the guardian, Financial Times etc think that no deal is far more likely in the event of a huge brexit party vote.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

See I don't get this - I thought most Brexiteers don't want a deal...The (federal) Tory party won't let us leave without one...

How tactically could you vote in a general election now then would be the question (should there be one)? (given that locally again you vote for a local representative)...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The upcoming European elections as far as this country is concerned is Referendum 2 (lite) and regretfully the Brexit Party will be the biggest party on the night with most seats which should put to bed, any notion that people had changed their minds, it might even calm things down as some of the more vociferous remainers accept defeat and get on with the lives or move to the continent.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
See I don't get this - I thought most Brexiteers don't want a deal...The (federal) Tory party won't let us leave without one...

How tactically could you vote in a general election now then would be the question (should there be one)? (given that locally again you vote for a local representative)...

At the moment I don't know how I would vote in a GE - I like my local MP Peter Kyle yet he's a remainer. I don't know who the Tory candidate will be. I don't know if there will be a Brexit candidate. Impossible to know right now.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
At the moment I don't know how I would vote in a GE - I like my local MP Peter Kyle yet he's a remainer. I don't know who the Tory candidate will be. I don't know if there will be a Brexit candidate. Impossible to know right now.

Yes - I suppose it was actually a rhetorical question...I don't know either to be fair, although voting for Tim Loughton is never going to happen.....

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think the issue with 'Have I Got News For You' and Heidi Allen this week was one of perceived balance in an election period - As well as Nigel Farage, 'Question Time' did have Anna Soubry of Change UK, Johnathan Reynolds of Labour and The Right Honrouble Member for Hastings and Rye, Ms Rudd (or 'Amber' as she prefers to be known if talking face to face with her)

But I read this morning that Farage appeared on HIGNFY in the run-up to the last Euro elections. The Heidi Allen ban looks like another capitulation by a supine BBC in the face of Brexiteer bullying.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Marvellous scenes in some of the Tory puff sheets, the rich are getting ready to leave the UK, and join their money overseas, as it looks like Corbyn will win a snap GE when the Tory collapse continues at the EU elections !

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Into doing what ?

Agreeing a Customs Union

or

Agreeing May's 'deal'

or

Investing tens of Billions into starting to build Customs posts, Lorry parks, IT infrastructure, building and testing systems, recruiting staff to allow us to operationally run a 'no deal' Brexit ? (totally ignoring any political or economic impact)

What is it you are trying to 'scare' the two main parties into :shrug:

I am guessing that you can see the irony in voting in MEPs who don't turn up, don't fight for Britain's interests, don't participate, and then whining that Britain's interests don't get properly represented in the EU :facepalm:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here