Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
real reasons for Brexit

[tweet]1483819101634150404[/tweet]

I think you may be setting your expectations a little high if you expect the average NSC Brexiteer to understand what you've posted.

As far as I can tell from the recent contributions on this thread, they are still trying to work out why the refugees coming across the channel have increased three fold since they got what they wanted (and knew what they were voting for) :dunce:

*edit*

Except for the ardent Unionists who are currently tied up trying to figure out how they ended up with a border in the Irish Sea :lolol:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brexit in a nutshell..

Capture.PNG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It seems there are now regular long queues /tailbacks of lorries getting in to Dover and Calais... Operation Stack is in place but to prevent people seeing what is happening, and predicted, all the M20/A20 traffic cameras are turned off!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It seems there are now regular long queues /tailbacks of lorries getting in to Dover and Calais... Operation Stack is in place but to prevent people seeing what is happening, and predicted, all the M20/A20 traffic cameras are turned off!

And the Government have had a word with Google and told them to switch off their traffic monitoring too! [emoji2357]
91e637fb8de78a102e9f88823b027620.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Cameras seem to be regularly turn off around botte necks

Sounds like this been a shitshow lately. Very little in the press, the Tory meltdown is still consuming everything

Capture.PNG

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
And the Government have had a word with Google and told them to switch off their traffic monitoring too! [emoji2357]
91e637fb8de78a102e9f88823b027620.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well it certainly looks like it, unless you know different :wink:

Huge 15km lorry queues at Dover blamed on Brexit

Huge 15km queues piling up at the Port of Dover have been blamed ‘entirely’ on extra controls brought in after Brexit. Exasperated lorry drivers have reported queueing for up to eight hours to get through controls as staff processing drivers struggle with complex new customs declarations and rules-of-origin forms.

There have been reports on social media of even longer queues up to 30km in both Calais and Dover. Yesterday one person tweeted: ‘Did I just correctly hear that there’s been a 17 mile HGV queue at Dover almost every day since Jan 1?’ A Dover customers worker replied: ‘Correct, and 30km queues in Calais. I am a Dover customs account manager and it is absolute carnage.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/huge-15km-lorry-queues-at-dover-blamed-on-brexit/ar-AAT2ubU

Can you imagine how bad it would be had you not voted for Johnson to 'Get Brexit Done' over a year ago :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008

Huge 15km queues piling up at the Port of Dover have been blamed ‘entirely’ on extra controls brought in after Brexit. Exasperated lorry drivers have reported queueing for up to eight hours to get through controls as staff processing drivers struggle with complex new customs declarations and rules-of-origin forms.

There have been reports on social media of even longer queues up to 30km in both Calais and Dover. Yesterday one person tweeted: ‘Did I just correctly hear that there’s been a 17 mile HGV queue at Dover almost every day since Jan 1?’ A Dover customers worker replied: ‘Correct, and 30km queues in Calais. I am a Dover customs account manager and it is absolute carnage.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/huge-15km-lorry-queues-at-dover-blamed-on-brexit/ar-AAT2ubU

Can you imagine how bad it would be had you not voted for Johnson to 'Get Brexit Done' over a year ago :facepalm:

Nothing to do with covid checks then?

Regards
DF

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Nothing to do with covid checks then?

Regards
DF

:dunce:

I honestly had to check that wasn't posted by Pretty Pink Fairy

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

franks brother

Today:

"Huge lorry queues building up at the Port of Dover have been blamed “entirely” on extra controls which have come into force from Brexit.

It comes as port chiefs urged the UK government to hold talks with the EU on ways to ease further checks set to come in later in 2022 which could cause “disastrous” disruption to trade.

One courier told The Independent he had been caught up in queues of up to 15km (9 miles) since full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January.

The British haulier said it was taking 15 to 20 minutes for each driver to clear checks needed for the UK government’s new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork at Dover.

“It’s entirely Brexit – you can’t blame it on anything else but Brexit,” said the driver, who has had to push back some deliveries."

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Today:

"Huge lorry queues building up at the Port of Dover have been blamed “entirely” on extra controls which have come into force from Brexit.

It comes as port chiefs urged the UK government to hold talks with the EU on ways to ease further checks set to come in later in 2022 which could cause “disastrous” disruption to trade.

One courier told The Independent he had been caught up in queues of up to 15km (9 miles) since full customs controls came into force at the beginning of January.

The British haulier said it was taking 15 to 20 minutes for each driver to clear checks needed for the UK government’s new Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) system and other export paperwork at Dover.

“It’s entirely Brexit – you can’t blame it on anything else but Brexit,” said the driver, who has had to push back some deliveries."

Shhhhh! in 50 years time the benefits will start rolling in and we will look back on our self inflicted sanctions and penalties to our trade as worth it.... only 50 odd years remember .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here