Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So you're actually saying you don't know what his initials DR stand for ? Despite there being numerous mentions of what it stands for on this thread ? Wow :facepalm:

No.... I will try again Westdene Seagull.
DR does not acknowledge his moniker; when/if he acknowledges it, then I will address him by that name.... but I suspect he dare not do that. Until then, I think it is fair to fill in the gaps.

Your habitual sneering tone is noted.....as is your shift in focus

Last edited:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
So you're actually saying you don't know what his initials DR stand for ? Despite there being numerous mentions of what it stands for on this thread ? Wow :facepalm:

I don't mind the BOT nature of the poster, but the fact we all know (MODS as well), due to a previous incarnation that the posters signature celebrates a Nazi SS unit that carried out the worst massacre of innocent people (a whole town) in 1944, we should call it out. The poster must enjoy the fact that he gets away with this, if it was celebrating the units that orchestrated the Nazi death camps it would not be allowed. The fact it is a lesser known brutal crime committed on French citizens allows the poster to flaunt the previous incarnation he was rightfully banned from using.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No.... I will try again Westdene Seagull.
DR does not acknowledge his moniker; when/if he acknowledges it, then I will address him by that name.... but I suspect he dare not do that. Until then, I think it is fair to fill in the gaps.

Your habitual sneering tone is noted.....as is your shift in focus

But he is entitled to adopt a sneering tone as apparently I have called him

I'm very touched that you've taken the effort to start my own fan club.

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Now, I know he is far too busy to use the search function and quote where I called him these names, so I did it on his behalf. (I only looked up xenophobic, englander, prick and gammon because of the limitations of the search engine) and guess what ?

Every post I have made that show in the results for these searches were instances of me quoting where Westdene was accusing everyone of calling him those names :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up ! (Although it appears Westdene has :lolol:)

Last edited:

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
I don't mind the BOT nature of the poster, but the fact we all know (MODS as well), due to a previous incarnation that the posters signature celebrates a Nazi SS unit that carried out the worst massacre of innocent people (a whole town) in 1944, we should call it out. The poster must enjoy the fact that he gets away with this, if it was celebrating the units that orchestrated the Nazi death camps it would not be allowed. The fact it is a lesser known brutal crime committed on French citizens allows the poster to flaunt the previous incarnation he was rightfully banned from using.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oradour-sur-Glane_massacre

Article is grim...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Article is grim...

Indefensible - you would think ???

Agreed with [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] - I've never called for anyone's banning on here but this is utterly ludicrous.

Mods sort it the f**k out. It's 2019.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But he is entitled to adopt a sneering tone as apparently I have called him

Now, I know he is far too busy to use the search function and quote where I called him these names, so I did it on his behalf. (I only looked up xenophobic, englander, prick and gammon because of the limitations of the search engine) and guess what ?

Every post I have made that show in the results for these searches were instances of me quoting where Westdene was accusing everyone of calling him those names :facepalm:

You couldn't make it up ! (Although it appears Westdene has :lolol:)

Once again you're letting you self importance run away with you. Where have I said that YOU have called me those terms ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
[emoji23]
6b9d28db1d4400155fcda0b0672bab86.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Once again you're letting you self importance run away with you. Where have I said that YOU have called me those terms ?

I'm very touched that you've taken the effort to start my own fan club.

I will tackle a theme running through my fan clubs posts though. When you've been called racist, thick, xenophobic, little Englander, a gammon, a prick etc etc etc in a thread - all for the audacity of having an alternative opinion on the EU and putting my cross in the opposite box to the people that throw those terms around with gay abandon, I'd suggest it's understandable that my posts on this thread are somewhat different to those on others.

Just there :shrug:

But all this 'I've been so insulted' and defending your little racist mate stuff is just whataboutism and diversionary bullshit to keep us from the real point of the thread.

How do you think your preferred 'good deal' and 'no deal' plans are going to work ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just there :shrug:

But all this 'I've been so insulted' and defending your little racist mate stuff is just whataboutism and diversionary bullshit to keep us from the real point of the thread.

How do you think your preferred 'good deal' and 'no deal' plans are going to work ???

So I didn't say YOU had said them - I said I had been called them.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So I didn't say YOU had said them - I said I had been called them.

Blimey chaps, this is getting tedious! Call in the UN/ACAS/Court of Arbitration for Sport/ Relate OR agree to disagree. And I admire you both (in different way and maybe in one case stretching the word 'admire' a little beyond its generally accepted meaning) but anything for a quiet life...………………..!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
My local Spa has BOGOF deal on Sour cream and chive Pringles. Would you like me to top up the stash?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Final piece of evidence, should anyone still require it, that the Tories have **** all idea on how to get around the backstop issue and it's all a ploy to force No Deal.

[tweet]1164863456434118657[/tweet]

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Final piece of evidence, should anyone still require it, that the Tories have **** all idea on how to get around the backstop issue and it's all a ploy to force No Deal.

[tweet]1164863456434118657[/tweet]

After months, saying you cannot get around the backstop, if you had an alternative, you'd shout it from the rooftops.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No rejection is not No Rejections. Note the difference. There have been rejections, most notably the Director of Ofsted.

The online system told him it requested more information and he was advised to contact the Settlement Resolution Centre. His application was not rejected or refused, it was still an ongoing active application. The director of ofsted supplied the additional evidence and two days after being told he needed to provide extra information the director of ofsted confirmed his application had been accepted and he had been granted settled status.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The online system told him it requested more information and he was advised to contact the Settlement Resolution Centre. His application was not rejected or refused, it was still an ongoing active application. The director of ofsted supplied the additional evidence and two days after being told he needed to provide extra information the director of ofsted confirmed his application had been accepted and he had been granted settled status.

It all sounds very simple until you realise the Home Office staff are understaffed and undertrained. Yes, before you nit pick, this is from April 2019, and talks about applications going back to 2014/2015, but do you honestly think the situation has improved with all the extra workload?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-to-unlawful-detentions-claim-whistleblowers

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
After months, saying you cannot get around the backstop, if you had an alternative, you'd shout it from the rooftops.

My boss... a leaver... was just telling me that the technology was there. Asked him why we havnt been told this, and why isnt it working already, as they have had plenty of time to implement it.... told me to get on with work :lol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It all sounds very simple until you realise the Home Office staff are understaffed and undertrained. Yes, before you nit pick, this is from April 2019, and talks about applications going back to 2014/2015, but do you honestly think the situation has improved with all the extra workload?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...s-to-unlawful-detentions-claim-whistleblowers

The topic is settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens, applications to the home office in 2014/2015 are not relevant to the settled status application system which hadnt even been set up in 2014/2015 or even thought about are not relevant. Go and start a thread on historical home office applications if it bothers you that much, that has nothing to do with brexit. Try and stick to the topic and not deflect elsewhere

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agreed with [MENTION=12947]Lincoln Imp[/MENTION] - I've never called for anyone's banning on here but this is utterly ludicrous.

Mods sort it the f**k out. It's 2019.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION]

Mods have really let themselves down on this one. You’d think at least a warning to stop signing off as DR.
I can only assume the wish to keep him on here to witness his meltdown on the 31st October and the following weeks. If he can still afford broadband :)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The topic is settled and pre-settled status for EU citizens, applications to the home office in 2014/2015 are not relevant to the settled status application system which hadnt even been set up in 2014/2015 or even thought about are not relevant. Go and start a thread on historical home office applications if it bothers you that much, that has nothing to do with brexit. Try and stick to the topic and not deflect elsewhere

I did when the British citizens were being deported and locked up due to the Windrush documents being destroyed by order of Theresa May when she was Home Office minister and creating her hostile environment.
EU citizens were told they had until Dec 202, but the Home Office minister Pritti Patel has said if No Deal goes ahead then anyone not registered on 31st October will be out on their ear the next day. Go ahead and trust them but forgive me if I don't.
I know of a French lady in Shoreham who produced all the right documentation and has had it rejected, so please don't try to tell me they are not being rejected. Yes, I am angry because this government tells lies.
It's all ok in pasta's world though, so everything is hunkydory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here