Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Not if the pledge to allow certain non-UK born citizens to stay, grants certain rights to them, which it would have to.

Why are people so alarmist about doomsday approaching?!

''people will die''

No, they won't, not any more than would have done.

''people won't be able to stay here and work & live''.

No, that won't happen either.

''we won't be able to trade''.

We certainly will. Boris may be lots of things but he's not stupid and the Country will definitely be able to trade.

''the sky will fall in''.

Nope.

But he hasn't pledged this. He was urged but has refused.

D

Deleted member 22389

Lady seagull won't even acknowledge that Johnson has refused to pledge legal rights to EU citizens.

If they have already got settled status, then there is nothing to worry about. Hardly going to kick people out.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The thread to end all threads 9335 pages and counting, so I was thinking how long until it hits the 10,000 page mark? for me the way it's going I fancy it will get there before Boris drops us through the trap door at the end of October.

I'm only on page 2278. You need to adjust your 'posts per page' to 40 in the Settings...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If the choice was remain or no deal then I'd vote no deal. I'd prefer a deal though, but a good one not the shit May came up with.

If we leave with no deal the position is unsustainable and our leverage and reputation will be reduced even further, so what constitutes a good deal/withdrawal agreement arising from that very weak, desperate position? Or is it just full steam ahead with being Donald Trump and John Bolton's Poodle?

Jan 30, 2008
If we leave with no deal the position is unsustainable and our leverage and reputation will be reduced even further, so what constitutes a good deal/withdrawal agreement arising from that very weak, desperate position? Or is it just full steam ahead with being Donald Trump and John Bolton's Poodle?

How do you know the long term affects of leaving ,more if coulds and buts zzzzzzzzzzz
regards
DR

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think you're reading too much into it. I'm perfectly confident in my decision and would make the same one again. It's just amusing watching remainers come up with loads of reasons not to leave that should have been in the remain campaign as they realise they could probably have won had they bothered to campaign on the positives of staying in rather than the negatives of leaving. It gets even more amusing the closer we get to leaving.

I'd believe you if you merely popped in every now and again. I don't come on here much anymore but whenever I do, you are all over the thread, in the thick of it all. So your explanation has a hollow ring to it. If I had "won" the referendum there are about a million better ways I could think to spend my time. Hey ho.

D

Deleted member 22389

I have seen several stories of EU citizens already turned down for settled status, despite having married here, worked here for 27 years, got an NI number so proving their tax and contributions. There aren't enough civil servants to deal with all the extra paperwork, and it is a mess.

Do we know the status of these people now? Like everything, we also need to put things in to perspective here. That's a few instances out of how many millions? If you process that many people there are bound to be question marks. No system is perfect.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
Mikeys sloped off , bless him ,paying the price probably :dunce:
Regards
DR

I was in a work meeting. Are you retired? It would explain a lot if you are. You've done your travelling, had your time enjoying the EU and now wish to shut shop.

Eff those pesky kids, how dare they have aspirations outside of this tiny island.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I was in a work meeting. Are you retired? It would explain a lot if you are. You've done your travelling, had your time enjoying the EU and now wish to shut shop.

Eff those pesky kids, how dare they have aspirations outside of this tiny island.

He's not retired. He lives on benefits. He lives a pretty empty life, lurching from giro to giro. Hence why he isn't too fussed if we crash out. He is under the false impression that life couldn't get any harder for him. He's in for quite a nasty surprise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here