Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Non democracy is three years of Parliament stabbing us in the back. A few weeks of proroguing is a Govt. that wants to see our democracy through. You non democrats just don't see it.

I have seen your spat with a couple of posters I respect (and one I know) and feel inclined to comment.

I sort of agree with you, with three caveats. First, I'd replace 'see our democracy through' with 'ensure Brexit happens'. I am convinced that Boris has decided the only way to get brexit through is to go hard, and do the deals (that have to be done) afterwards. I personally think Brexit is a bad thing so I hope he fails. But if I thought Brexit is a good thing I would applaud Boris' strategy (with another caveat). The caveat, and an issue that may finish him, however, is all the lies, the biggest being 'make me PM and I will ensure we leave with a deal'. He never had any intention of seeking a deal till after we left. As it happens, I think this is the only way we can leave (which is where, and indeed the only place where, my Venn Diagram overlaps with DF's), but he would have been wiser to have said so. His plan is to make it look like leaving with no deal is someone else's fault. I am hoping enough of the electorate will see through that lie come the next GE. However I suspect they won't, and with the weakest labour opposition since Foot, Boris will win a GE, probably soon after we Brexit.

For these reasons, also, and this is my final caveat, I think it is unwise to accuse those who are appalled by Boris as 'non democrats' They are simply people who regard knavish tricks to secure Brexit (including bare faced lies) as deplorable. I am one of those. :thumbsup:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have seen your spat with a couple of posters I respect (and one I know) and feel inclined to comment.

I sort of agree with you, with three caveats. First, I'd replace 'see our democracy through' with 'ensure Brexit happens'. I am convinced that Boris has decided the only way to get brexit through is to go hard, and do the deals (that have to be done) afterwards. I personally think Brexit is a bad thing so I hope he fails. But if I thought Brexit is a good thing I would applaud Boris' strategy (with another caveat). The caveat, and an issue that may finish him, however, is all the lies, the biggest being 'make me PM and I will ensure we leave with a deal'. He never had any intention of seeking a deal till after we left. As it happens, I think this is the only way we can leave (which is where, and indeed the only place where, my Venn Diagram overlaps with DF's), but he would have been wiser to have said so. His plan is to make it look like leaving with no deal is someone else's fault. I am hoping enough of the electorate will see through that lie come the next GE. However I suspect they won't, and with the weakest labour opposition since Foot, Boris will win a GE, probably soon after we Brexit.

For these reasons, also, and this is my final caveat, I think it is unwise to accuse those who are appalled by Boris as 'non democrats' They are simply people who regard knavish tricks to secure Brexit (including bare faced lies) as deplorable. I am one of those. :thumbsup:

But surely HWT, surely, surely, surely, you can see that we made a decision. Johnson is the ONLY person that has come forward and say he will do it. We have dithered for three years and got nowhere. As soon as someone says they'll do it non democrats are up in arms. I did not vote for a deal or a no deal, I voted to leave the EU, that was my choice and that's what I voted. That is what I want to see happen.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm actually stunned that he sent you a PM. That's a whole new level of weird. Well, weird by most people's standards.

It was late and I was up on a night shift, nobody else really on the board. I disengaged because he was clearly spoiling for an argument and I had work to do and I think he got rather frustrated. That’s fairly extreme trolling. And as you say, weird.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It was late and I wasn’t up on a night shift, nobody else really on the board. I disengaged because he was clearly spoiling for an argument and I had work to do and I think he got rather frustrated. That’s fairly extreme trolling.

'Extreme trolling': If nothing else, it's nice to see this Brexit nonsense has created a new sport.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here