Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Jan 30, 2008
What's all this about 'a once in a life time vote?' I've voted twice in a referendum on Europe already in my lifetime. 1975 and 2016.

The one that took us into the common agricultural policy which then morphed into the EU when NO one was asked if they agreed , lovely stuff
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Need to stop listening to Boris & Jacob and wake up before we go over the cliff. Neither are interested in the welfare of the ordinary woman & man , neither would know what democracy meant if it hit them smack in the face. Look how they are prepared to override 80% of the population that want to stop foxhunting.

What I do find difficult to understand is why after 3 years of hard evidence why people still feel they need to support BREXIT, clearly I am missing something . I have asked a number of times for someone from the BREXIT side to give me 5-10 reasons why we will be tangibly better off after leaving but have never received a reply so here is your chance to sell BREXIT to me.

I do not need to get in a pre-referendum discussion with you. Remain had their chance to sell being members of the EU before June 23 2016.
The vote is in the past, it has already occurred and returned a decision.
Yes you clearly are missing something...........can you guess what it is yet?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The one that took is into the common agricultural policy which then morphed into the EU when NO one was asked if they agreed , lovely stuff

Each change was voted on by our government. We voted to veto the euro, if you remember?

Oh, by the way,Bickerstaffs blame the EU for the fishing rights. In fact, it was our government who sold off our fishing rights.

Greenpeace has done a report.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove/amp/

A painstaking five-month long investigation shows that a small group of wealthy families control huge swathes of the country’s fishing quota.

More than a quarter of the United Kingdom’s fishing quota is in the hands of a tiny group of the country’s wealthiest families, an Unearthed investigation has found.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So this one we are really REALLY leaving. Not like the last two times whatsoever. Okey dokey :thumbsup:

Johnson was obviously the key all along :wink:

We didn't leave the last 2times,because we didn't BELIEVE enough,if we properly BELIEVE,we can leave on All Hallows Eve,:if we really,really BELIEVE,good old Bonking Boris will deliver ,not only an exit to a Brexit utopia,but, maybe,if we BELIEVE enough a return to the Great British Empire.

https://youtu.be/FN7r0Rr1Qyc

https://youtu.be/-tW0QqiT2LU

Jan 30, 2008
Each change was voted on by our government. We voted to veto the euro, if you remember?

Oh, by the way,Bickerstaffs blame the EU for the fishing rights. In fact, it was our government who sold off our fishing rights.

https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/2018/10/11/fishing-quota-uk-defra-michael-gove/amp/

A painstaking five-month long investigation shows that a small group of wealthy families control huge swathes of the country’s fishing quota.

More than a quarter of the United Kingdom’s fishing quota is in the hands of a tiny group of the country’s wealthiest families, an Unearthed investigation has found.
No one had a say is what you mean .........Green peace ffs !
Regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Fishing rights only affect 0.2% of the work force in this country. A total of 12,000 people work in the industry. There are more barbers(out:) and hairdressers than are employed in fishing.

Its a red herring.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Part of me hopes the Government go ahead with this £100m "No Deal preparedness" leaflet for every home. I reckon it will be the biggest boost for Remain we could have asked for, the disaster fetishists might get excited by it but I reckon millions of people might look at it and go "**** that".

I tell you what, that magic money tree that didn't exist for ages, has been bloody handy in the last 3 years.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I do not need to get in a pre-referendum discussion with you. Remain had their chance to sell being members of the EU before June 23 2016.
The vote is in the past, it has already occurred and returned a decision.
Yes you clearly are missing something...........can you guess what it is yet?

that the BREXITEERS are well off and don't give a f*ck about anyone else?

that the BREXITEERS true agenda is not something they are proud about and that they hide it by trotting out phrases about how remainers are betraying democracy.

In a true DEMOCRACY the key principle is that you achieve consensus through open and honest discussion and continue to have that dialogue to ensure the government works in the best interests of the many . Still waiting for a BREXITER to give me 5-10 benefits...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
that the BREXITEERS are well off and don't give a f*ck about anyone else?

that the BREXITEERS true agenda is not something they are proud about and that they hide it by trotting out phrases about how remainers are betraying democracy.

In a true DEMOCRACY the key principle is that you achieve consensus through open and honest discussion and continue to have that dialogue to ensure the government works in the best interests of the many . Still waiting for a BREXITER to give me 5-10 benefits...

There is no requirement to do the vote again because you don’t like the decision given. The Referendum Act provided a one off opportunity to answer the question posed, with no requirement for a follow up vote. If remain politicians wanted another chance at the decision given in the event they ended up losing the vote, then they should have written that into the Act. A losers clause so to speak.
Incidentally, the vote was also described as a once in a generation decision, it was the first time the country would have a referendum vote on membership of the European Union, the previous one being a vote on the European Community/Common Market not the European Union (a few people think they are the same thing).

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I only don’t bother mentioning a further extension because currently the likelihood of another extension to negotiations beyond oct 31,is as we stand about zero to zilch.(things might change in the future).

If we leave on the 31st October, it will be with the withdrawal agreement we already have or very similar, but I think that would be a long shot, it has been refused 3 times already. Boris is bluffing on No Deal, it would end the Tories, which leaves extension or revocation. IMHO.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There is no requirement to do the vote again because you don’t like the decision given. The Referendum Act provided a one off opportunity to answer the question posed, with no requirement for a follow up vote. If remain politicians wanted another chance at the decision given in the event they ended up losing the vote, then they should have written that into the Act. A losers clause so to speak.
Incidentally, the vote was also described as a once in a generation decision, it was the first time the country would have a referendum vote on membership of the European Union, the previous one being a vote on the European Community/Common Market not the European Union (a few people think they are the same thing).

The country was mis-sold by some charlatans who keep changing the outcome. The stupid keep following the toffs. It’s like a parody of the Victorian age

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Still avoiding the question though aren't you.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yeah I’m

Both referendum were pre- legislative votes. Meaning they were consultative or non- binding, only meant to be a pointer to Government on the mood of the populace at that particular point in time. Unlike the ROI, the British Government is not legally obligated to act on the result of a referendum.
Historically this country has never relied on plebiscite to make difficult decisions. We are a constitutional Monarchy and therefore previous to the 1975 referendum all important decisions for our nation was made in Parliament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here