Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
A true democrat :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, in the European parliament, events take an embarrassing turn ..

_110692031_europarl.jpg

Guess its a better look than this...

Capture1.JPG

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Thought is was worth clarifying what I meant just to bring this little discussion to an end. If after we've left there was a campaign to re-join and that campaign successfully get a referendum then I would STILL want us to stay out and would vote that way. If the vote was to rejoin then I would accept the result and expect the result to be honoured and enacted.

And to reply to your direct question Mr Imp - yes, I respect the views of those that wish to remain generally. Hell, I know there are downsides to us leaving. BUT ..... I tend to lose that respect with some of the posters on here due to how and what they post. There are some sensible posters who respect my views and I theirs ( [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] for example ) and which can lead to mature debate despite disagreeing. There are others who exude an air of arrogance ( "how could you be so stupid" type attitude ) and others who are just downright abusive - these posters are best responded to with a fire meets fire style - I'm sure you can identify these posters for yourself.

Thank you.

The Question and Answer that led to this little exchange was as follows...

Me: If a group of membership-supporters managed to persuade the voting public that returning to the EU would be a surefire route to a land of milk and honey would you sit back and let it all happen? Or would you join those resisting it?

You: ...of course I'd campaign against rejoining ( resist is a bit of a strong word )...

So to summarise, my question specifically asked what you (actually, Ppf) would do if the public had been persuaded to vote to return to the EU and you said you would campaign against rejoining.

If you are now telling me that you would not campaign against it after a vote - perhaps you misunderstood the question? - then of course I accept what you say.

And I agree with you that some posters on here appear to be deeply unpleasant. It's a shame.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It's meant to be a term of abuse. It applies to overweight middle aged men with wobbly red faces that get redder as they get angrier. Like Mark Francois. And you, probably.

There's nobody more angrier than remainers. Perhaps it applies to you too. At this moment in time us leavers have nothing to be angry about. :clap:

Jan 30, 2008
There's nobody more angrier than remainers. Perhaps it applies to you too. At this moment in time us leavers have nothing to be angry about. :clap:

Who wouldn't be happy when a vote you cast is Democratically enacted despite some people telling you it cant for some undemocratic reason :shrug:
Regards
DF

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well there you go the EU have approved our exit ' they think its all over IT IS NOW '
regards
DF

Logistically, this is just the start. It won't be 'over' for years.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Standing on your soapbox, grasping your lapels, shouting insults and attempting a semantic deflection is your way, but it's no substitute for debating coherently.

The poster concerned said that he would campaign against a decision to implement a vote to rejoin the EU, a legitimate and in my view honourable position not dissimilar to the efforts of millions of people over the past three years.

The poster concerned has clarified and confirms what i suspected and indeed wrote, he would support the campaign not to rejoin in any future referendum, but if that vote gave a decision to rejoin he would not campaign against that voting decision or the implementation of it as he would accept the referendum result to rejoin and expect that referendum result to rejoin to be honoured and enacted.
You know, what normal people do in a democracy.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Who wouldn't be happy when a vote you cast is Democratically enacted despite some people telling you it cant for some undemocratic reason :shrug:
Regards
DF

They did well stalling it for over 3 years. Even deluding themselves that they could stop it but we waited patiently for democracy to prevail and didn't it just. The good people of the country made sure of that. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Logistically, this is just the start. It won't be 'over' for years.

Nearly 4 years to carve out a customs border in the Irish sea, agree to a £39B bill, inflict a £130B loss to the economy and finally get a 50p coin that won't be molten down for scrap.

Tangible benefits, anyone, someone, somewhere, please................

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The poster concerned has clarified and confirms what i suspected and indeed wrote, he would support the campaign not to rejoin in any future referendum, but if that vote gave a decision to rejoin he would not campaign against that voting decision or the implementation of it as he would accept the referendum result to rejoin and expect that referendum result to rejoin to be honoured and enacted.
You know, what normal people do in a democracy.

It is only They that are allowed to stop a democratic decision by any means.

D

Deleted member 2719

There is only now.
Yesterday is gone
Tomorrow is uncertain

But never fear, I am questioning..........

If only you wouldn't.

The English sparkling wine is being chilled and I will raise a glass or two to you on Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here