Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
My older brother is a sixth form teacher in West Sussex. He did a degree, then a PGCE, as most people on his original course ended up doing - so he knows a lot of teachers around the country and they all apparently say the same thing - kids like the ones they teach have become enthused politically by what happened in 2016 like nothing before and it's all for remain or rejoin. Second referendum or one to rejoin, he's quite sanguine about it all. That's only his opinion though.

In the 3 years which have been dominated by Brexit, I would probably have got to know about 100 to 150 staff, of the 300,000 or so teachers in the UK. So we can safely ignore the "results" of the straw poll. Fancy all those students all agreeing with you -who would ever have thought it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It's not just about people changing their minds is it, it's about people dying and being replaced with new young people. I assume he's not suggesting that none of the people who've reached the age of 18 over the last three years would vote?

I expect the esteemed Sir John had factored in that variable, likelihood to vote etc. It's all a remainer fantasy anyway, there is no realistic path to a second referendum.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The person who didn't know the backstop was part of the withdrawal agreement, [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION], has already set up home there :wink:

Since Westdene seems unable to answer a simple question, what do you think of this new WA. Is it the 'good deal' that you have been waiting for ?

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Surely if a Gen Election is called Labour will replace Corbyn first … because they can't win with him in charge.

90% of Labour membership rate Corbyn, so there is no way he won’t contest the next election. He is also more popular than he is rated to be on here with the non aligned voter, those with no particular loyalty to any one party. The smears about the IRA, are not so important to younger voters, remember, if the electorate had been confined to the under 44s, he would have sailed the last election. As with Tory islamophobia, is Labours surmised anti Semitism that important to the floating voter. The next election, whenever it is, will be a one subject election, Brexit is the only game in town, and remember, the broadcast media have to be unbiased during an election campaign.

I’m not saying Labour will win, but, I do believe it will be a lot closer than many think.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Confusing the WA with a final trade deal again? I have already told you my preferred option (Canada+++) this new withdrawal agreement makes that more likely.

I just wondered what you made of the border in the Irish sea in this new WA, knowing some of your views previously

NO SURRENDER obvs (self-determination/democratic will of the majority in NI). The Unionist community has only one major concern re being shafted and that's from 'principled' politicians who have spent much of their career supporting a United Ireland while cosying up to Republican terrorists.
Rubbish. The UK government is protecting the integrity of the UK (as they should) and following the wishes of the UK electorate (leave/take back control). The Irish government temporarily backed by the EU Commission are the problem.

???

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The person who didn't know the backstop was part of the withdrawal agreement, [MENTION=396]WATFORD zero[/MENTION], has already set up home there :wink:

Oh I remember that one

Only adjusting what has already been agreed. I suggested making the backstop temporary adding the ability to withdraw with x amount of notice (unlikely to ever be triggered) as I believe it would break the deadlock so we could officially leave and move to the future trade relationship negotiations. There's an awful lot of bluff and intransigence at the moment once we are officially out it should all calm down and the time pressure will reduce. The more comprehensive the trade deal the fewer problems at the borders and less need for new technological solutions.

You said that Britain should be able to unilaterally withdraw the backstop with a bit of notice. Not as stupid as suggesting removing it, and far more likely to get agreement from the EU :facepalm:

So, anyway, back to how this 'good deal' of yours would work ?

:facepalm:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I just wondered what you made of the border in the Irish sea, knowing some of your views previously

???

One of the measures in the new WA specifically addresses the 'self-determination/democratic will of the majority in NI' point, as the democratic will of the majority can vote to change it if they don't like it.

(PS trawling back through all my past posts and that's the best you can come up with :p )

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
One of the measures in the new WA specifically addresses the 'self-determination/democratic will of the majority in NI' point, as the democratic will of the majority can vote to change it if they don't like it.

Stormont can indeed change it, as long as they put a hard border in place :facepalm:

One of Johnson's better swerves stitching up NI, even I'll admit, but I would have thought for a staunch Unionist like yourself :shootself

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stormont can indeed change it, as long as they put a hard border in place :facepalm:

One of Johnson's better swerves, even I'll admit, but I would have thought for a staunch Unionist like yourself :shootself

When they get to vote, on an ongoing basis, it is likely a future trade deal will be in place and circumstances will have changed re border technology so your hard border isn't the only likely alternative.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
When they get to vote, on an ongoing basis, it is likely a future trade deal will be in place and circumstances will have changed re border technology so your hard border isn't the only likely alternative.

You keep holding tight to those Unicorns and Pixies :lolol:

Off out to dinner, try not to embarrass yourself further, while I'm gone :wave:

D

Deleted member 2719

The Brexit deal currently on offer will not 'bring britain back together again'...rather the opposite.

Of course, it will, I wanted a hard Brexit, and I know many else that would do the same, so we have moved a long way, how far have you moved???

On negotiations, you meet in the middle, and that is what you do if you're at a stalemate.

The problem is there are too many remoaners that are still looking after their own in the house of commons,
Those MPs are a disgrace to the human race, and making Britain look like a bunch of COCK Wombles.

Are you a COCK womble too???

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You keep holding tight to those Unicorns and Pixies :lolol:

Off out to dinner, try not to embarrass yourself further, while I'm gone :wave:

Ah running off again ... you should stick to the restaurant review thread, it's the one topic where you might actually credibly claim you know what you are talking about :wave:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see Johnson is now in talks with Corbyn. Hell’s Bells and buckets of blood! Your Brexit hope really is a bootless wonder! I guess he represents his supporters quite well in that sense.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I expect the esteemed Sir John had factored in that variable, likelihood to vote etc. It's all a remainer fantasy anyway, there is no realistic path to a second referendum.

They had a constitutional expert on the radio the other night who reckoned there was currently a 15-30% chance of a second referendum. No realistic chance my arse.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I see Johnson is now in talks with Corbyn. Hell’s Bells and buckets of blood! Your Brexit hope really is a bootless wonder! I guess he represents his supporters quite well in that sense.

The Tories have lost their teeth but could still give a nasty suck

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
In the 3 years which have been dominated by Brexit, I would probably have got to know about 100 to 150 staff, of the 300,000 or so teachers in the UK. So we can safely ignore the "results" of the straw poll. Fancy all those students all agreeing with you -who would ever have thought it.

I've known many teachers all my life too, with my Dad being a retired one and my brother being one for over 20 years as well, who dares to offer a differing opinion to another gammon one of yours, of which I'm not interested again, as I'm not remotely interested in anything you have to say, so I can safely ignore it too.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here