Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Tracey Emin has come out. Very proud to be British, and flaunts it on her travel, but sees us as a part of europe "Total insanity to come out of the EU now". Just saying, everyone voting in

It was something of an incoherent ramble about why she was in, as she said that we should not all away from Europe when "we were on the brink of world war 3 with an invisible enemy?".

This was like trying to make sense of a clue from 3-2-1.........what in the name of all the saints was she going on about?

More rational (but only slightly) was her point about how she generates her wealth and is able to develop her profile by selling/exhibiting her paintings in Europe.

If this was s important of course I would have expected her to at least support joining the euro to iron out those FX wrinkles on her income, but I guess as a multi millionaire she can take this.

So in short nutcase multi millionaire wants to maintain multi million pound income.........great.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Cameron gives his speech in front of hundreds in an impressive setting whilst Boris gives his in some back room somewhere. The goverment also have the power to entice all these people to speak on behalf of Remain but the Leave camp do not.There's a def big advantage for the goverment however as we go on I feel even the Remain camp must be cringing at some of the desperate statements coming from the goverment. If not and if they believe what they are hearing then they are truly stupid.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

I'd be interested in this too.

Caught a piece briefly on the news yesterday from a chap who seemed fairly unbiased in his responses saying it wouldn't make the slightest difference to security if we left.

We'd still be in NATO, on the Security council and our intelligence services will still work with its counterparts abroad, in Europe and beyond just as it does now.

WW3 isn't going to start either if we leave.

I'd genuinely love someone to answer the question.

How will our security be compromised if we leave the EU? ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'd be interested in this too.

Caught a piece briefly on the news yesterday from a chap who seemed fairly unbiased in his responses saying it wouldn't make the slightest difference to security if we left.

We'd still be in NATO, on the Security council and our intelligence services will still work with its counterparts abroad, in Europe and beyond just as it does now.

WW3 isn't going to start either if we leave.

I'd genuinely love someone to answer the question.

How will our security be compromised if we leave the EU? ???

The implication in Cameron's speech is that our intelligence partners would no longer share information with us. Blatantly a lie. We share a huge amount of intelligence with Saudi Arabia - last I looked they were neither in the EU nor NATO.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
When Remain claim that we are safer in the EU I would like to hear some specifics and not just vague claims.

I would also like for them to explain the various wars that have occurred in Europe since WW2. How being in the
EU failed to prevent troubles with the IRA,with terrorist attacks in Paris,Belgium,the invasion of Ukraine.
Bombs in Instanbul etc.
How most of the terrorist attempts foiled in the UK are as a result of our own intelligence.
I'd like them to explain how open borders makes us safer.

Let's hear some case studies.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The implication in Cameron's speech is that our intelligence partners would no longer share information with us. Blatantly a lie. We share a huge amount of intelligence with Saudi Arabia - last I looked they were neither in the EU nor NATO.

So our closest allies would stop sharing intelligence with us and visa versa. :lolol:

I can't believe people fall for this shit. :facepalm:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They'll be telling us a new Iron Curtain will be raised across the English channel next :tosser:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Are you sure about that ? I know the BBC has to be but I'm not sure it applies to the rest of the media - especially the print media.

No, the print media isn't required to be neutral, which is why I specifically said (#2046) 'broadcast media'.

Most national newspapers take a position on Brexit and the majority - Desmond's Express, Murdoch's Sun, the Barclay brothers' Telegraph and of course the ever-popular Daily Mail - are pro-Leave. They have every right to be whatever their rich proprietors want, but it does mean that Brexiters have no right to drone endlessly on about the 'media being against us'.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
No, the print media isn't required to be neutral, which is why I specifically said (#2046) 'broadcast media'.

Most national newspapers take a position on Brexit and the majority - Desmond's Express, Murdoch's Sun, the Barclay brothers' Telegraph and of course the ever-popular Daily Mail - are pro-Leave. They have every right to be whatever their rich proprietors want, but it does mean that Brexiters have no right to drone endlessly on about the 'media being against us'.

They are pandering to their readers to sell newspapers. Its not about what their proprietors want. If most of the Daily Mails readers were pro-EU (Like say, Guardian readers), then it would be a pro-EU paper.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If its true leaving the EU would be a disaster for the economy, a massive security threat and herald in a new era of wars in Europe.

1/ Why did Cameron offer a referendum in the first place?
2/ Why did Cameron "rule nothing out" when asked if he would campaign for a Brexit?

No.10 clearly thinks the public are too stupid to smell BS

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If its true leaving the EU would be a disaster for the economy, a massive security threat and herald in a new era of wars in Europe.

2/ Why did Cameron "rule nothing out" when asked if he would campaign for a Brexit?

I too wonder why Cameron has been such a fool over this. Maybe it is because he just is a fool and it's as simple as that.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
They are pandering to their readers to sell newspapers. Its not about what their proprietors want. If most of the Daily Mails readers were pro-EU (Like say, Guardian readers), then it would be a pro-EU paper.

Paul Dacre, the editor of the Daily Mail, once said that the best front page headlines should either frighten or infuriate his readers, preferably both. If he can get them cross and worried, perfect. So he, like every soap box populist from Hitler (and no, I'm not comparing Boris with Hitler) to your average two bit politician understands perfectly well that your best chance of manipulating people by invoking the threat of the outsider. Foreign welfare criminals are perfect. Politicians. Loony union leaders. Migrants. If you're on the left then toffs and fat cats are what to aim for.

I am sorry, but you are being naive if you think that newspapers simply react to what people are thinking in the first place. That's not how populism works.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Because as [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] pointed out the the bloke is an unscrupulous patronising shyster. I'm glad more tory lovers are starting to appreciate this, albeit its a bit late in the day now. To be honest I'm surprised it hasn't been obvious to everyone for the past 10+ years.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The implication in Cameron's speech is that our intelligence partners would no longer share information with us. Blatantly a lie.
It's embarrassing isn't it. They're saying that if we leave, the EU won't want to share information with their closest ally (so presumably the EU wants WW3) and I guess voters fall for it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Because as [MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] pointed out the the bloke is an unscrupulous patronising shyster. I'm glad more tory lovers are starting to appreciate this, albeit its a bit late in the day now. To be honest I'm surprised it hasn't been obvious to everyone for the past 10+ years.

its good to know a growing number of people from across the spectrum are realising his "truths" about what will happen if we leave the EU are nothing more than lies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here