Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
On the Nissan decision. Some yes/no questions.

1. Is it a good thing for the British economy?
2. Is it related to Brexit?
3. Is it the sort of thing that Remainers on the thread have been pointing to for the last 2 years?
4. Is it unreasonable for them to mention this now?
5. Should anyone be pleased this has happened?

Correct answers: 1. No 2. Yes 3. Yes 4. No 5. No

It be interested to see if anyone thinks that the answer to question two is 'no' and if so on what basis they think that.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Good God - Simon Coveney is wrong because Brexit at any cost English twats don't care about the Good Friday Agreement. Kin hell.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
What I still don't understand is, faced with British genius like this, Euro Dance gets knocked down and belittled. The prejudice of Brexit is just wrong.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

3. Is it the sort of thing that Remainers on the thread have been pointing to for the last 2 years?

6. Do you frequently talk out of your clacker valve?

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The government have been warned over and over again over the Brexit consequences, reality is biting now. If companies don't invest job loses will follow later

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You really think 27 countries in the EU is the be-all and end-all of the world?Your sights are set very low,but that's to be expected from your generation of selfish under-achieving,inward looking,anti-competition,surrender merchants.As long as your kids get to go to a Euro university,and you get your terrorist-friendly open borders,you don't give a flying fig for anybody who is left behind,like the many million unemployed kids abandoned by the EU.

You appear to know everything, so here's a question to let you prove it. What exactly due you assume is 'my generation'? You know, the one you describe as selfish and under-achieving. No scatter-a-few-insults-and-run-for-the-hills Leaver-type question-dodging now.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The two Sunderland leave thickos on News At Ten.
"We would still vote leave, it's all the fault of the people trying to stop Brexit".
Every time I see leavers being interviewed on the street, they blame everybody else except themselves, they still believe that it will all go well, that everything will be fine for this country.
Unbelievably ignorant and stubborn and all goes to prove that they considered nothing except immigration and hating the EU.
Just like 2 'bottom of the pond' leave voters who constantly show their total ignorance on this thread.
Still, on our way.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
There’s a lot of businesses and individuals simply using Brexit as an excuse. I even read the MD of Churchill Sq blaming Brexit for the poor trade performance of its retail outlets. Nothing to do with car parking costs, rubbish stores and online shopping.

That's interesting. Where did you hear/read that. Maybe provide a link to the interview?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good God - Simon Coveney is wrong because Brexit at any cost English twats don't care about the Good Friday Agreement. Kin hell.

Its a sad fact many would not be able to tell what the GFA is if you asked them, ignorance and arrogance rule I'm afraid...

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The problem is equally the Remain crowd who walk round with their fingers in their ears, going la la la and LEAVERS DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WERE VOTING FOR and just spouting the same old un-researched rubbish so needs to be challenged.

Fair enough. What form of Brexit were you voting for and would you say it's the same as every other Brexit voter was voting for? I only ask because every one of my Leave-voting friends appears to have voted for something different and am therefore unable to 'KNOW WHAT THEY WERE VOTING FOR'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
"We would still vote leave, it's all the fault of the people trying to stop Brexit".
Every time I see leavers being interviewed on the street, they blame everybody else except themselves, they still believe that it will all go well, that everything will be fine for this country.
Unbelievably ignorant and stubborn and all goes to prove that they considered nothing except immigration and hating the EU.
Just like 2 'bottom of the pond' leave voters who constantly show their total ignorance on this thread.
Still, on our way.

Jesus wept

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

2. Yes. But also no coincidence that it happened just days after the EU-Japan trade deal was signed - meaning they can manufacture the cars back in Japan at less disadvantage.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fair enough. What form of Brexit were you voting for and would you say it's the same as every other Brexit voter was voting for? I only ask because every one of my Leave-voting friends appears to have voted for something different and am therefore unable to 'KNOW WHAT THEY WERE VOTING FOR'.

Like most of your fellow remainers, you are unable to know. It's probably hereditary or something similar, or maybe a missing chromosome or something. Many of your fellow remainers have a mantra of 'You haven't answered the question' - but without really knowing what the question is.

Those of us in the know, and not trapped in some wildly frenetic 'You don't understand' world just want to leave the EU, and not be members of it any more. It's very simple really. I think it's just because some people don't want to accept it that they keep coming up with all this sort of 'You don't know what you want' nonsense. Now, of course, if you were Watford Zero, for example, you would keep up the mantra: 'You haven't answered the question' ad infinitum. I assume you're brighter than that. :) :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Like most of your fellow remainers, you are unable to know. It's probably hereditary or something similar, or maybe a missing chromosome or something. Many of your fellow remainers have a mantra of 'You haven't answered the question' - but without really knowing what the question is.

Those of us in the know, and not trapped in some wildly frenetic 'You don't understand' world just want to leave the EU, and not be members of it any more. It's very simple really. I think it's just because some people don't want to accept it that they keep coming up with all this sort of 'You don't know what you want' nonsense. Now, of course, if you were Watford Zero, for example, you would keep up the mantra: 'You haven't answered the question' ad infinitum. I assume you're brighter than that. :) :thumbsup:

You couldn’t have possibly known what form leaving would take therefore you cannot possiby have known what you were voting for. Forget Leave vs Remain, forget point scoring . It’s logic. In voting leave you started a process not just a result.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well that's nice as you can keep pastafarian company in the small, select group of leavers who don't know what you want and still don't know what you're going to get.

Probably the happiest of all the groups of leavers at the moment :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

D

Deleted member 22389

Still, on our way.

I can bring you good news about manufacturing every week in this country.

[tweet]1091974371613253633[/tweet]

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh well, given that you imply it would have been better to have had Britain overrun by Nazi Germany than to disregard the result (a result driven by tabloid sentiment and a bunch of assorted fascist-influenced groups including the Daily Mail) of a non-binding referendum I suppose I can only say that we will never agree.

Supporting the belief that referendums should be respected, even in your ridiculous analogy is not endorsing the nazi take over of Britain. Jesus wept your misrepresentation of what people say is astonishing when you get backed into a corner.
Dont forget it was you that recognised people would obviously be incandescent if their democratic vote was ignored

“The only other option I suppose is that whiners such as Churchill reacted to the 1937 referendum and said "Bugger that. I'm ignoring it." Obviously the will of the people lot would have been incandescent but they would have be grateful in the long run”

Remember that for future reference

So, Mogg was saying that it might make more sense to have a referendum, after there was a known position that negotiation had produced, as we both know.

No, he was saying re-negotiation not negotiation. As we both know. Re-negotiation not negotiation should have been the giveaway clue you needed to know that he was talking about renegotiation of existing membership before a binary deciding vote had even taken place and not what you wrongly and desperately thought he was referring to, that being, after negotiation of terms to Leave following a binary deciding vote that had already taken place and that had already given a decision to Leave.
You know, renegotiations like Cameron did, renegotiated terms of membership and put it to a deciding referendum. Like Wilson did too in 70`s, renegotiated existing membership of the EC and then put that to the public via a deciding referendum.
One is renegotiating before even having the final deciding vote and one is negotiating after the final vote, negotiations you seem to have forgotten that can only commence after already deciding to Leave and after notice has been given that we are leaving.
It would be far simpler if you just acknowledge you were fooled, admit the cherry picked video is fundamentally dishonest and peddled by those who have no clue and are a bit gullible, and then just move on. Your attempt to shift the focus onto something it isn’t, because you don’t like admitting you were duped is just daft.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here