Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You remind me so much of someone I know. Living and enjoying all the benefits of the capitalist lifestyle, even boasting about where they like to spend their money, the restaurants they like to frequent, the labels on the clothes they wear, I'm sure you know the sort of thing.

Although I'm not sure the person that I know would then troll political posts on a football forum with a completely different persona. (I guess if he did, he could always claim to be a hypocrite rather than a troll).

And it's really not hard to use a search function, even your mate pasta has managed it :shrug:

You should focus on your own existence, not other people’s, I don’t think you realise what a wet blanket you are coming across on here with this petty obsession regarding my personal life. For the record you don’t know me because I don’t know anyone as joyless as you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Er, and what's that do do with 20 years worth of GDP growth rates? Really, you need to try harder petal.

Nothing. We however were talking about post Brexit economic forecasts which were based on David Cameron invoking Article 50 on June 24th 2016, a hard Brexit ensuing, some of which contained the caveats of a recession ensuing in 2017 prior to us crashing out in June 2018.

(I only called you 'sweetiepops' because I was heading home on a train from Eastbourne at the time when I replied after, as I'm sure you'll agree, a very disappointing afternoon, I had consumed copious amounts of bitter and was subjected to, and was still recovering from, being pre-match in The North Laine Brewhouse in Brighton and walking into what could only be described an S-Club party/disco in a pub in broad daylight. 'Reach for the stars' was playing. :facepalm: The DJ, dressed as Batman's Robin, wearing Lycra used the phrase and it stuck it my mind for some reason 6 hours later. For that I can only apologise, and please don't get any ideas)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Just watched the egg chaser England beat France and a couple of the TV adverts a British Airways and a Carling both about the. good things with the U.K. I took it both adverts while obviously selling products we're trying to play their part in healing our fractured nation

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Interesting, but why were you so certain of a leave victory, and in light that you only know of friends and family voting out why do you think (with your own deeply held conviction for remain) you were unable to persuade them to change?

If that was my experience I don’t think I would be posting on this thread.

With the exception of my Aunt (Sorry if that's the wrong, faux working class phrase for that particular family member to use, that might result in a slap or some such other pretend nonsense otherwise) all of my family voted remain. The vast majority of people I know socially though, both here and across the country, voted leave however. All for very differing reasons too. One particular pub acquaintance of mine was certain it'd be nearer 70% - he's from the west midlands and his other half is from the north west which substantiated his skewed thinking. I thought it would be nearer to 60%. A friend of mine across the border in Kent put a fair whack of money on his spread bet at 54%, rounded up or down to the nearest whole number, and he stood to make quite a bit. As it was he got burned, but when everything happened on the evening of the 23rd of June - Sterling soaring, bookies odds going right out on a leave win, Farage conceding - he dodged an expensive bullet in the end and was relieved and surprised as I was, eventually, the following morning when it turned out as we'd thought, albeit with a smaller winning margin. I never trusted the polls you see - the Scottish referendum 2 years previously was over compensating the noisy nationalists for example - and I was rightly assured by those ITK with Scottish connections that 'No' would win comfortably then. As I say, I went to bed on the night of June 23rd thinking that remain had unexpectedly scrapped home. Switching on Sky News the following morning to a recorded interview of a crowing Farage, having seen the **** concede before I went to bed was a most unpleasant way to start any day.

So whether you still live in your Brighton and Hove middle class, buy to let mortgage, bubble, or now a rural home counties one, I for one was also very surprised that my home town of Hastings was only a 55% leave vote for example. To paraphrase Morrissey, most other coastal towns that they forgot to close down were far higher though. In retrospect there are far too many middle class *****rs here from London and Brighton these days though. Obviously coming from a seaside town that they forgot to bomb is something you'd never understand though.

As for your final point, it's really not up to me to persuade leave voting acquaintances how to vote Fergie. My Father, sorry 'old man', has voted Liberal, or equivalent, in every general election since 1959. I've never voted Lib Dem in a general election once. No skin off my nose, and it's not up to me to persuade him otherwise.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Theresa of Borg leaving the threat of a *no deal* catastrophe hanging over the British people is obscene.

To actually go through with *no deal* would be pure evil.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
1. Softest of Soft Brexits
2. GE or Referendum
3. No deal (won't happen)

Maybe you could show me somewhere I have said different in the last 2.5 years ?

:

Make your mind up. You are all over the place. How many option variations do you want?
And why do you own the world’s only crystal ball that doesn’t predict the future? :facepalm:

9 months from us 'leaving' the EU what have we got ? Two possibilities

1/ Softest of soft Brexits, still in a customs union, freedom of movement, significant contributions, no influence whatsoever.

2/ Continued fudging/Further extensions of membership until another vote (GE or referendum).

I'll try and make this simple, there are only two options. (The same two options as the day after the vote).

'No deal' - coming out on WTO terms, hard border for Ireland/NI, economic disaster, project fear etc, etc
No Government will do this, no matter what the political pressure, as the economic impact would ensure that party wouldn't get back into power for generations.

'Soft Brexit' - staying in the EU in all but name with a 'customs union', no hard borders, continue paying into the EU, no influence in any EU matters.
This is what the EU have wanted since the day Cameron announced a vote.

There are no other options.

So we have 2 options

1. Get a deal in which we have less control over everything and no say to stay roughly the same
2. No deal, in which the Government are stock piling vital medicines in case of and even team Brexit are no suggesting some type of pain.

and your direct response to that post

Of course there's always option 3 - go for a vote of some kind (GE or Another referendum)

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Make your mind up. You are all over the place. How many option variations do you want?
And why do you own the world’s only crystal ball that doesn’t predict the future? :facepalm:

and your direct response to that post

You’re waisting your time here, this dry lunch couldn’t find His arse with paper, all He ever does is try and belittle people who had the damn right nerve to exercise their democratic right and vote to leave the EU.A shambles of a man.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've stopped worrying. We have negotiated provisional free trade deals with Chile and the Faroe Islands. Everything's going to be alright. Stand down, Remoaners.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You’re waisting your time here, this dry lunch couldn’t find His arse with paper, all He ever does is try and belittle people who had the damn right nerve to exercise their democratic right and vote to leave the EU.A shambles of a man.

On our way.

You are really not trying to belittle anybody there are you. Brilliant stuff as usual.
Thick as mud.

We don't seem to be on our way just yet, but I am sure we will be as soon as May caves in and stops kicking the can and we can find your special place in hell.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

On our way.

That is one of the most poorly written posts I have ever seen on here. If you’re going to play the patriot card or accuse others of being a “shambles” at least learn to use your own language correctly.
Thick as mince.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Any brexit is pretty evil.
There is a big distinction.

Brexit itself is a mixture of bad and good, and a judgement can be made by the individual on where on the scale it is.

*No deal* brexit is an unconscionable evil and a cataclysm of horrific proportions for the Borg Queen to inflict on the population.
An Airstrip One future for us all, at best.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You really did not like My vote did You?

On our way.

Did I like your vote? That question makes no sense. I was merely commenting that you embarrass yourself with your appalling use of the English language. I wouldn’t dream of inferring that there may be a link between low intelligence and choosing to vote Leave.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Did I like your vote? That question makes no sense. I was merely commenting that you embarrass yourself with your appalling use of the English language. I wouldn’t dream of inferring that there may be a link between low intelligence and choosing to vote Leave.
Perhaps I’m not intelligent enough to vote?..
Outstanding.

On our way.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps I’m not intelligent enough to vote?..
Outstanding.

On our way.
I wouldn't say that but you've certainly got some neck calling Watford zero "a shambles of a man" when all you do here is post glib drivel that contributes nothing, followed by your deliberate point-scoring and gloating "On our way". That is all you ever do. I don't recall you even trying to debate properly.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I wouldn't say that but you've certainly got some neck calling Watford zero "a shambles of a man" when all you do here is post glib drivel that contributes nothing, followed by your deliberate point-scoring and gloating "On our way". That is all you ever do. I don't recall you even trying to debate properly.

Who threw you a biscuit?...

On our way.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You really did not like My vote did You?

On our way.

Could you explain the significance of France getting the contract to supply $30b worth of submarines to Australia. Bearing in mind that’s one of our new market once we’ve stopped freedom of movement on our shores.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

On our way.

How about a deal ?

You stop saying and doing stupid things and I'll stop belittling you :angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here