Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Certainly looks likely now.

Is there a 3-line whip for the Labour Party tonight, or is this a free vote ?

Some, like Caroline Flint (and 30 odd others) seemed to imply last week they would be voting for it.

Are you trying to suggest the Labour Party has unity within, and control over, it's MP's?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes down to poor sales.

Of course it is. The country is collapsing around your ears and nothing, absolutely nothing, is down to Brexit.

D

Deleted member 22389

Of course it is. The country is collapsing around your ears and nothing, absolutely nothing, is down to Brexit.

All these redundancies are down to the EU and falling car sales across the EU, because no other sector in manufacturing seems to be suffering like car manufacturing is at the moment.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Whatever transpires, this has been an epic cock-up of Pythonesque proportions. I have seen colleagues at work fall out over this (some of our well-respected -or so I thought - European workers, were visibly hurt/upset/angry at the gloating of the Leave camp), I myself have blocked (and been blocked) by so-called friends on social media.
Yet, here we are, still none the wiser (if we ever were) and still at each other's throats.
This referendum was akin to chucking a loaded pistol inbetween two infants and waiting to see what happened.
I just think it's all so, so sad.

Should have never contemplated Brexit without a super majority similar to what took us into the EEC in this first place. Trying to take us out on such a slim majority was never going to go well.

The thing I fear most is the break up of the Union, the wishes of the individual countries have not been respected.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Should have never contemplated Brexit without a super majority similar to what took us into the EEC in this first place. Trying to take us out on such a slim majority was never going to go well.

The thing I fear most is the break up of the Union, the wishes of the individual countries have not been respected.

The People's Republic of West Sussex does have a certain ring to it.

We'll swap you the tiny village of Falmer for Gatwick Airport....

...and it's nearest town.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All these redundancies are down to the EU and falling car sales across the EU, because no other sector in manufacturing seems to be suffering like car manufacturing is at the moment.

Would £1.2 trillion also be leaving the UK if Brexit wasn't happening?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Not if it was ring fenced first...

...sorry wrong thread, as you were.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough. Not sure using he term "remoaner" is the best way to go about that though. It comes across as favouring one (of the two extreme) side and thus contributes to the very thing you are trying to mitigates against in bold above.
Understood. There are plenty of silly posts from the leavers in this thread of course, but in my opinion they're eclipsed by the volume and derision of the remainers, so those are the opinions I challenge. I don't agree with many of the things posted by the leavers, but as soon as I see something daft posted by one of them, I also see several replies from the remainers, so I don't really need to add more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Guto Bebb Tory MP (no me neither) just spoke with some rational sense on BBC News

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This deal, no deal, or no exit. And the second will be off the table later.

D

Deleted member 22389

The only reason that has happened is due to the uncertainty and general negativity created by our own remainer politicians and the EU who have all been determined to delay Brexit from day one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only reason that has happened is due to the uncertainty and general negativity created by our own remainer politicians and the EU who have all been determined to delay Brexit from day one.

Oh please.
The uncertainty stems from the ERG and DUP not knowing what they want, while allowing an incompetent government to shuffle on in the most clueless fashion possible.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Oh please.
The uncertainty stems from the ERG and DUP not knowing what they want, while allowing an incompetent government to shuffle on in the most clueless fashion possible.

Agreed. Add an opportunistic opposition. There you have a gourmet dog's dinner.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The only reason? :lolol: You really do talk some utter shite at times.

Isn’t it about time you told us about your Italian family again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here