Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I didnt mention the EFTA court, try and read what i wrote.
Its good you are not proposing or supporting a Norway deal then.

You mentioned the ECJ. That alone rather damages your entire nonsensical dribble of a post.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you want us to still have to abide by EU freedom of movement directives and laws and all the subsequent EU regulations and laws that surround freedom of movement.
You want us to remain members of the EU single market and be subject to the decisions of the body that regulates the internal market the ECJ. You want us to to continue our huge payments into the European Union budget and no doubt be subject to the laws and regulations that regulate budgetary administration. Norway is not in the Customs Union but for good measure you say sod that lets be in the Customs Union as well, where we would not be free to seek our own path globally on trade but would instead be subject to the policies of the European Commission whilst at the same time no longer having a commissioner and no longer having a say.

I don't believe he said that he wanted any of that. But it's entirely possible that you will find out that's exactly what you voted for :shrug:

Cue a load of whataboutism

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Weren't you saying, only recently that soon an EU army will form and invade Greece in a few years, which was a cause for concern? Hardly the actions of something about to go down the toilet in a few months!

It seems that not only do you not know what you voted for, you also don't know why you voted for it..

It seems you talk a load of old toss,and don't know why you do it.And Nero fiddled while Rome burned down around him,much like Selmayr and his blind groupies ignoring the EU disaster coming.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems you talk a load of old toss,and don't know why you do it.And Nero fiddled while Rome burned down around him,much like Selmayr and his blind groupies ignoring the EU disaster coming.

Why do you post abuse? You must have the memory of a goldfish.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did you not read the article under my quote?Draghi,the boss of the ECB,is the only person keeping the Euro in it's current form afloat,and he's been trying to retire since last year.Perhaps you are blind to the thousands of billion of bad debt owned by the ECB through quantitative easing?Not seen the yellow-vest protests in France,still going on,despite the BBC stopping the reports?Not noticed the massive increase in the populist,anti-EU vote all across the EU.
None so blind as them that will not see.Unaldulterated bollocks,or somebody not looking through blue-tinted glasses,perhaps the stars have interfered with your vision.Perhaps you should query why the EU are happy with mass unemployment,or perhaps you don't care about young Europeans with no future,just so long as you can drive across 27 countries?
As I said, argue the toss about the Euro if you like, that's not the same thing as the EU is it? Predictable that you should fall into whinging about the ECB.

So, this "massive increase" in populist anti-EU vote? Give over FFS. A change from 1% to 2% would be a massive increase (of 100% in fact), but it's still trivial. Put some numbers to your nonsense, in France, barely 30% are Eurosceptic. Sweden is another country where that anti-EU feeling is strong, but even then it's barely 30% there too.

I did see one article talking about 5 countries threatening to rock the EU boat and it was absolutely laughable. No surprise it was in the Daily Express. I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with trying to make it's gullible and right wing readers feeling better about voting leave. Oh no, not that at all.

Meanwhile, this is telling - across 27 member states, 67% of people believe the EU has benefited their country, with only 12% expressing the opposite view. Tell me again how those figures point to the EU dying:

https://www.politico.eu/article/europeans-love-the-eu-and-populists-too/

The EU dying! FFS. Clueless.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You mentioned the ECJ. That alone rather damages your entire nonsensical dribble of a post.
So i didnt mention the EFTA court after all
You would be a fool if you thought ECJ decisions have no influence.
The Efta court itself is still subject to and must follow the rulings of the ECJ, and increasingly so, to the annoyance of some in Norway themselves. The Efta court is there for harmonisation not divergence.
Coming from someone who believed the United Kingdom will have to cease trading with everyone everywhere on March 30th in the event of no deal because our WTO schedules will still be uncertified, I strongly suggest you stop relying on twitter for your brexit info.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
On one hand we are being told the EU is becoming all powerful and they’re gonna create a super army etc but the same people are now telling us the EU is moribund.

I put it to them that they haven’t got the first clue what it is they think they are talking about.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why do you post abuse? You must have the memory of a goldfish.

Hardly abusive compared to you,old fish,but then you always talk a load of old toss (no swear words,no morons,or other abusive names,no farmyard or pervy references.Abusive,moi?)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Hardly abusive compared to you,old fish,but then you always talk a load of old toss (no swear words,no morons,or other abusive names,no farmyard or pervy references.Abusive,moi?)

I happily admit I call you names. I think you're a fool. if I'm banned for it, I'm banned for it. But I won't be told off by the likes of you who is one of the most abusive ***** on here.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As I said, argue the toss about the Euro if you like, that's not the same thing as the EU is it? Predictable that you should fall into whinging about the ECB.

So, this "massive increase" in populist anti-EU vote? Give over FFS. A change from 1% to 2% would be a massive increase (of 100% in fact), but it's still trivial. Put some numbers to your nonsense, in France, barely 30% are Eurosceptic. Sweden is another country where that anti-EU feeling is strong, but even then it's barely 30% there too.

I did see one article talking about 5 countries threatening to rock the EU boat and it was absolutely laughable. No surprise it was in the Daily Express. I'm sure it wasn't anything to do with trying to make it's gullible and right wing readers feeling better about voting leave. Oh no, not that at all.

Meanwhile, this is telling - across 27 member states, 67% of people believe the EU has benefited their country, with only 12% expressing the opposite view. Tell me again how those figures point to the EU dying:

https://www.politico.eu/article/europeans-love-the-eu-and-populists-too/

The EU dying! FFS. Clueless.

:lolol:Been to the pub lunchtime?Did you read through that article?If that's the best that an EU sponsored survey can produce,it's even worse than I thought.:lolol:
I note that you haven't given your reply on EU unemployment policies,or why you think massive debt is a good idea.No change there then.Perhaps I should ask you about the Equalities Commission report on Labour being a racist party instead?

simpleton.png

If you think that in any way reflects what is written in your post,then you are a silly billy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
But, as I pointed out yesterday (and you totally ignored), you make it sound like some sort of establishment plot. The Tory party membership is overwhemingly pro-Brexit and would easily have voted in a Brexiteer. It didn't because none wished to go forward to a ballot of members. Johnson would have won easily if he'd stood, as would Leadsom ... but they didn't wish to.

May has been careful to ensure that the cabinet is equally divided between Remainers and Brexiteers and the key Brexit jobs have all gone to Leavers. So to say that "both PM and a majority in the cabinet should actually believe in a course of action to have any chance of delivering it succesfully" is just total nonsense.

More I missed it or was too busy. (I'm usually mean't to be doing something more productive when online) Apologies to anyone I don't reply to (with the exception of Clampy - ultimate troll WUM), multi tasking isn't my forte. Anyway back to your points, Johnson did want to and was going to stand but was knifed by Gove. Gove didn't recieve enough MP votes to get through to the final stage and Leadsom, the only Brexiteer left standing at the end, clearly didn't have enough support among the parliamentary party which any PM would need to get us through the process (see the problems May is having when she loses the support of many Tory MP's now).

Yes May dished out all the Brexity jobs to Leavers in the cabinet (which is majority remain) but how many of those leavers then resigned as she diverged from what she initially promised Lancaster house speech and commited to in the manifesto? The cabinet is split in numerous ways so it's obviously not nonsense to say having a PM and a cabinet all set on one course of action would be better.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I happily admit I call you names. I think you're a fool. if I'm banned for it, I'm banned for it. But I won't be told off by the likes of you who is one of the most abusive ***** on here.

Find me a post where I have referred to you as being thick as pig****,one of the most popular phrases on here by your ilk.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Find me a post where I have referred to you as being thick as pig****,one of the most popular phrases on here by your ilk.

You repeatedly tell people they "spout a load of toss". That's not abusive? The reason I refer to you as being as thick as shit and the reason you don't refer to me as being thick as shit is because you are as thick as shit and I am not as thick as shit. See?

Righto, have a nice weekend. Layaz Playaz.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
More I missed it or was too busy. (I'm usually mean't to be doing something more productive when online) Apologies to anyone I don't reply to (with the exception of Clampy - ultimate troll WUM), multi tasking isn't my forte. Anyway back to your points, Johnson did want to and was going to stand but was knifed by Gove. Gove didn't recieve enough MP votes to get through to the final stage and Leadsom, the only Brexiteer left standing at the end, clearly didn't have enough support among the parliamentary party which any PM would need to get us through the process (see the problems May is having when she loses the support of many Tory MP's now).

Yes May dished out all the Brexity jobs to Leavers in the cabinet (which is majority remain) but how many of those leavers then resigned as she diverged from what she initially promised Lancaster house speech and commited to in the manifesto? The cabinet is split in numerous ways so it's obviously not nonsense to say having a PM and a cabinet all set on one course of action would be better.

1. If Leadsom had stayed the course and it gone down to the blue rinse set of the membership, she may have won and become PM
2. It was Rachel Sylvester's Times interview that did for her.

Personally I think in hindsight she wouldn't have done any worse than May. Do you remember after Grenfell when The Queen, as mother of the nation and daughter of the last Empress of India, visited the survivors, it was Leadsom there as self appointed deputy, showing us what we'd missed out on and referring to the absent PM as 'Ter-ray-zor' in her GP receptionist voice live on Sky News.

A masterful talent, wasted as leader of the house.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So you think that if we only built half the car parks, half the customs posts in NI, commissioned half the IT systems and infrastructure and recruited half the staff, that may be enough to fool the EU into thinking we would go 'no deal' ?

Who knows, it could work. (As long as we don't award any of the contracts to European companies, employ any Europeans in any management roles and the EU isn't paying too much attention) :wink:

No, I think if we were at the stage we are now with no deal preparations say just six months into the negotiations it would be clear that the UK was serious about leaving without a deal if necessary which would have applied more pressure on the EU side.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. If Leadsom had stayed the course and it gone down to the blue rinse set of the membership, she may have won and become PM

Personally I think in hindsight she wouldn't have done any worse than May. Do you remember after Grenfell when The Queen, as mother of the nation and daughter of the last Empress of India, visited the survivors, it was Leadsom there as self appointed deputy, showing us what we'd missed out on and referring to the absent PM as 'Ter-ray-zor' in her GP receptionist voice live on Sky News.

In hindsight the pooh-pooh ploppy I did this morning wouldn't have done any worse than May

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

1.) Yes she might have won but my previous point about needing the backing of the Parlimentary party holds. See Corbyn for what happens to a party when you only really have the support of the membership.

2.) I think May made numerous commitments to the Brexiteers to secure their backing who then convinced Leadsom to withdraw also a lengthy leadership battle looked a tad indulgent while the country was in crisis.

I agree she probably couldn't have done any worse which considering Leadsom's obvious limitations is rather damning on May.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
What a desperate speech, on top of Hunt's dangerously aggressive language about our future relationship with the EU, makes for a pretty shit morning for the government

[tweet]1104006084744937480[/tweet]

If you're going to have a shit morning then Grimsby is the place to have it. No one will notice. I went to a tile shop in the poor old place last year, just off the main street. Most of the shops were shuttered. It was ten on a Friday morning. When we got back in the car just three people were visible.

A pretty but very large girl pushing a pram which might have contained a baby (all I could see were newspapers) and two blokes.

The blokes were having a fight in the road. Drink was involved. There was little danger of them getting run over.

Prime Brexit territory you might say. Unbelievably, when two toffs from the home counties turned up in 2016 and and told them to vote for more of the same, over a quarter of the local population said 'Oh all right then' and did so.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
1.) Yes she might have won but my previous point about needing the backing of the Parlimentary party holds. See Corbyn for what happens to a party when you only really have the support of the membership.

2.) I think May made numerous commitments to the Brexiteers to secure their backing who then convinced Leadsom to withdraw also a lengthy leadership battle looked a tad indulgent while the country was in crisis.

I agree she probably couldn't have done any worse which considering Leadsom's obvious limitations is rather damning on May.

I take your first point, but once the dust had settled after June 24th, it wasn't a crisis. The were no time constraints and a time out caused by a summer leadership contest wasn't going to add fuel the flames particularly.

What we needed was a strong and stable, ready made leader as PM if possible though, a Thatcher Mark 2.0 and the problem was people thought we had one, including MP's in her own party who must think now - 'What the **** did I do?!' when they look back at endorsing Mrs May's tenure.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here