Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Food shortages, shortages of medicines, no sandwiches, no music etc etc. Utter poppycock

Food shortages - all the major food retailers have warned of shortages if the supply of fresh food from the continent is interrupted, and most are stockpiling foodstuffs to try and mitigate it. Do you claim they are all wrong? Where's your evidence?

Medicine shortage - if there won't be a shortage why has the Brexit-supporting health secretary told us he is "the largest orderer of fridges in the world" and is stock-piling them. Do you claim he is wrong? Where's your evidence?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alexspence/food-industry-michael-gove?ref=hpsplash

Food and farming businesses, worth an estimated £113 billion to the UK economy, believe that a no-deal Brexit will be catastrophic, not least because of the potential for bottlenecks at Dover that could severely disrupt imports and exports. Privately, some executives put the likelihood of a no-deal exit as high as 60%.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If talking about the on-coming storm of a *no-deal* Brexit results in just 1 NSCer stocking up on a few more tins of veg before March 29th it'll be 1 small positive in the utter horror to come.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have not chamged my tune. It is entirely consistent. Leave had an infinite number of variations as the wording of the referendum was vague. Voting leave means you agree with ALL of them, the "softest" and the "hardest".

What a load of bollocks .... YOU and I mean YOU categorically said that because leaving the single market, the customs union and the freedom of movement WASN'T on the ballot paper that leavers DIDN'T vote for it. Your words, not mine. Now you suggest EVERYTHING was voted for. #VillageIdiotIsBack

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I hope not. No privatisation of NHS, it's a wonderful institution, something this country can be rightly proud of as it's served me and mine brilliantly over the years. 'Hands off the NHS' and our food for that matter.

Wishful thinking as long as we have a Tory government

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
But this is just an example of what happens when you move into big wide world of International trade. America are setting out their terms for any deal, Russia have prevented any negotiation on Britain's WTO negotiations, USA, Australia, New Zealand and 20 others have raised objections to our WTO schedule submissions, leaving us as the only country in the world with nothing but WTO's default tariffs. And then there's still the EU to negotiate with.

It's a bit different to when we were part of the largest trading bloc in the world.

Still nothing regarding tariff schedules, its the elephant in the room the government pretends doesn't exist.

There is the little issue that many FTA's the EU has with third countries have a clause no better trade can be offered to other third countries without EU agreement. You can call the shots when you are the largest trading block on the planet.

Its not what the Brexit bulldog told us 2 years ago...

#brexitreality

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I said that keeping those things did not go against the referendum result. This is beacuse ANY brexit falls under "leave" and leavers didn't vote for any specifics. It is completely consistent.

No, you said because they weren't on the ballot paper we didn't vote to leave them ..... go and read your posts.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's utterley cringeworthy as to what lengths some people on here strive to frighten the general public.

Food shortages, shortages of medicines, no sandwiches, no music etc etc. Utter poppycock

Same people on here would have been saying the world would end if we didn't join the exchange rate mechanism, the euro, blah blah blah

You don't frighten us we've heard it all before.

You know the story of the boy who cried wolf?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They are doing it by stealth. Most minor ops get sent private these days. Must cost them a fortune

as a slightly more interesting tangent, i wonder do you have any evidence of that? you know everything on the NHS costs something, is budgeted for?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yes. Leavers didn't vote FOR them, they voted for any and all forms of brexit, whatever that may entail. They can not complain of we keep FOM or remove it, they can not complain about food shortages or not.

And yet YOU keep complaining that FOM wasn't voted for but is going :facepalm: You really are a contridiction.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
as a slightly more interesting tangent, i wonder do you have any evidence of that? you know everything on the NHS costs something, is budgeted for?

I know someone who had two knee replacements at the Nuffield in Woodingdean via the NHS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In the meantime, Farage having formed a new party, is now thinking of quitting it, just 6 days later.

[tweet]1094978991713333248[/tweet]

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Still same old rubbish being spouted by the few deluded followers of the plutocracy then.Not long now to see articles in the Grauniad 'what to do with your excess food' and 'spare a few tins for Brussels.'Good times ahead when we finally break free.Perhaps then,we could start encouraging other freedom fighters,like the yellow jackets and their Frexit.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
From a piece by Daniel Hannan published by the GUARDIAN prior to the ref vote. (7/4/16) He'd love this board being an echo of Government scares stories two and a half years later. Same sorry shit from Eu supporters and Hannan is as right with this as if he were speaking today.

"Yet pro-EU campaigners seem stuck in their doom-and-gloom strategy. It’s not just that they seem to have nothing positive to say about Britain. They don’t even have anything positive to say about the EU. The last thing they want to discuss is the paltry deal Brussels was prepared to offer in the renegotiation. All their talk of “reform” has dried up. Instead, they deploy an intrinsically pessimistic argument: “Yeah, the EU is a bit crappy, but change is risky.” I wonder whether any amount of public money could make such a downbeat message work.

If nothing else, this latest stunt vindicates one of the Leave side’s main objections to the EU: that it debases the ballot. The objective of European integration is held to be more important than the integrity of the democratic process – as the Greeks found after their referendum last year and, I suspect, as the Dutch, too, will find after their “no” vote this week. In the words of Jean-Claude Juncker: “There can be no democratic choice against the European treaties”.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the meantime, Farage having formed a new party, is now thinking of quitting it, just 6 days later.

[tweet]1094978991713333248[/tweet]

Wherever there is Farage, there are always uber racists just a stones throw away. But he made these people...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here