Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farage's lot are at it again.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well if I said I flipped a coin and it landed not on heads you would know that I told you tails.
Anyway, what a failed politician says on the internet just for some cash is not going to hurt my feelings.

Failed?He acheived his single goal.

Jan 30, 2008
He never got elected to parliament. He has had zero policies implemented by government. The only success he had was as part of a team that won a brexit vote. He will not even be involved in brexit.
That is not a great cv really.
"Only" what a clown you are
regards
DR

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He never got elected to parliament. He has had zero policies implemented by government. The only success he had was as part of a team that won a brexit vote. He will not even be involved in brexit.

You are confusing means and ends, judged on ends he was a success, He didn't want to get involved in Brexit but acheive it he has. Any more strawman arguments?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
History won't read that way. There wouldn't be such a barrage of hate coming his way were it not for the fact that he was extremely successful and influential. The one policy he devoted himself to is happening and it's the most monumental policy in my lifetime. If he was not a success, there wouldn't be a thread just about every week on a football forum like this from left wingers and the whingers who lost the EU vote and haven't got the maturity to accept the result.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
History won't read that way. There wouldn't be such a barrage of hate coming his way were it not for the fact that he was extremely successful and influential. The one policy he devoted himself to is happening and it's the most monumental policy in my lifetime. If he was not a success, there wouldn't be a thread just about every week on a football forum like this from left wingers and the whingers who lost the EU vote and haven't got the maturity to accept the result.

I would like to add that Farage and UKIP managed to get a few policies changed because of the swing of support towards them. Also had the voting system not been screwed, then UKIP would have 83 seats and a very big say in proceedings and decisions.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I would like to add that Farage and UKIP managed to get a few policies changed because of the swing of support towards them. Also had the voting system not been screwed, then UKIP would have 83 seats and a very big say in proceedings and decisions.

Actually, I agree with you. The success of Farage-led UKIP in attracting the support of a large swathe of often disaffected British adults was enough to frighten the Tory party into going in the direction it did, and of course resulted in Dave's decision to hold a referendum. The party's Eurosceptic wing played a part, but Farage was the star. It's why Donald Trump, hoping to tap into a similar mood, holds him in such high regard.

Regarding your second point, I am sure that you will agree that the LibDems have suffered from the UK's skewed voting system for a vastly longer period than UKIP has. I like to think that you have long been upset about the injustice, and voted accordingly in the last government's referendum.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Actually, I agree with you. The success of Farage-led UKIP in attracting the support of a large swathe of often disaffected British adults was enough to frighten the Tory party into going in the direction it did, and of course resulted in Dave's decision to hold a referendum. The party's Eurosceptic wing played a part, but Farage was the star. It's why Donald Trump, hoping to tap into a similar mood, holds him in such high regard.

Regarding your second point, I am sure that you will agree that the LibDems have suffered from the UK's skewed voting system for a vastly longer period than UKIP has. I like to think that you have long been upset about the injustice, and voted accordingly in the last government's referendum.

Yes.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Good post. And regarding that referendum on pr, the pr on offer was an inferior version which I believe was promoted in order to preserve the status quo.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The voting public don't loose an election. Votes are not a bloody game of football, it is not us winning and them loosing. Why have people suddenly got this horrible mentality from? We attempt to make a decision as a group on something that will have an effect on us all! It is not a game. There are no winners and losers as the result is the same for everyone, if we **** up the decision we all pay.
I was answering your statement which finished 'the only success he had was being part of a team that won a Brexit vote.' Therefore, as his prime reason and goal in politics was achieved, against the odds, it matters not one jot whether you or other remainers think he was not a success. If he had been unsuccessful, then you and others wouldn't continue to deride him and he would slip away into a small chapter in the history books. As it is, he, more than anyone else, mobilised the British public to historically vote to leave.

You were reacting angrily and bitterly at, I suspect, both the result, which you do not like, and against the 'failed' politician who led us there. Therefore your last post seems to wander off course and into some kind of moralising in which you conveniently forgot that the replies directed your way were countermanding your statements which betray the very ideals you have just so effectively conveyed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I have never mentioned my opinion on brexit. Hell of an assumption you made there. Still does excuse him from coming within a year or two of achieving his brexit and then leaving. So he wont be responsible for it.
I am not either Nigel Farage's biggest fan but your statements about him failing are laughable. As an individual, he has arguably had more of an effect than almost any other politician of his generation. Brexit is the defining political moment of our times.

I have made an assumption. If you are in favour of Brexit then I apologise. But personally, I would think that unlikely given the bitterness you directed towards Nigel Farage.

As for him not being 'responsible' in our leaving. That's another laughable point. Are you telling me that you would value the input in Brexit talks of this politician who you despise and disagree with so much? Why do you want him to participate? The referendum was fought on the basis of whether to stay or leave. To suggest that Farage should have a hand in the negotiations? On what political grounds would he have the right to do that? No, voting to leave the EU has resulted in exactly the same situation as if we'd voted to stay, in that the elected incumbent government, is left to deal with the situation. That is how our democracy works.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes exactly. He is partially responsible for the brexit vote. He will not be responsible for brexit itself. Two, very different things.
You seem to be aiming that fact as a kind of criticism of him. Would you rather he poked his nose in and became involved then?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If he is able to contribute then why not? The thing that annoys me is him getting credit for brexit, which he will not be part of. He was part of the vote for brexit.

The point is he isn't politically able to contribute. Without Farage/UKIP we wouldn't have Brexit so of course he can claim credit.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes, he can claim some joint credit for the referendum vote. He can not claim credit for brexit itself.

Tedious prevarication. Your quote He has had zero policies implemented by government. The current PM has said many times Brexit means Brexit = leaving the EU which is the main stated aim/policy of UKIP = Farage win.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yes but you and I could campaign for brexit. Does that make us responsible for carrying it out? No.

Question: Is the current government in the act of implementing the democratic will of a historic democratic majority vote of the majority of eligible UK voters ... yes or no?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Probably not, no. Haha. Don't trust them to do anything the public ask for.

As much as I understand your scepticism, reneging on Brexit would be a catastrophic, democratic mistake which all sensible politicians realise. We are leaving the EU ... in this case for you being proved wrong will be a blessing in disguise. :thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The voting public don't loose an election. Votes are not a bloody game of football, it is not us winning and them loosing. Why have people suddenly got this horrible mentality from? We attempt to make a decision as a group on something that will have an effect on us all! It is not a game. There are no winners and losers as the result is the same for everyone, if we **** up the decision we all pay.

This. Probably the best post on this thread. Absolutely correct.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here