Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Radio Times Comedy of the Century

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No Faulty Towers Porridge Dads Army only Fools and Horses to name just a few that are far better than any in the Radio Times list. Thats probably why they limited it to 21st century only

Miranda should have been disqualified given thats it not a comedy given that its devoid of a e en a single funny joke.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
...is Mrs Brown's Boys. It beat Black Books, Green Wing, IT Crowd, The Office, Peep Show, Inbetweeners et al to get top spot.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2016/08/22/25610/mrs_browns_boys_voted_sitcom_of_the_century

And Miranda was 8th. I don't want to sound snobby but I've never met a single person who thinks Mrs Brown's Boys funny. Mind you, I don't think I know anyone who gets the Radio Times still either.

I despair of people that vote for this utter shite.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Phoenix Nights only 16th?! They're having a laugh.

No Alan Patridge, No Ali G, No Borat either.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't think anyone under the age of 75 buys the Radio Times. Elderly people struggle with comedy, they probably didn't really understand the question.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Given it's 21st century only, I would probably say Black Books. Maybe Green Wing.

My step-dad loves Mrs. Brown's Boys. I've watched it a few times and it's alright I guess? Never great, and the more slapstick stuff tends to be a big miss for me, but the scenes where they're just talking in the kitchen do work sometimes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Royle Family? I believe that was still going post 2000? Early Doors?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I don't think they did - that's why it's only 16th (mind you, I didn't rate Phoenix Nights either)

The only person I know who gets the RT is my mum ... and she's 86

That's true about The Radio Times I suppose. I don't know anyone who gets it anymore. As for Phoenix nights though....................:bow down:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's some utter turd in that list but the worst seems to have risen to the top.

Mind you, if the public were allowed to vote on everything we'd have ended up with Harry Redknapp as England manager and an unelected witch as PM.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I have never seen Mrs Brown's boys so I can't really comment.
I have naturally assumed that it is utter turd based purely on hearsay and the general look of the programme.

My step-mum likes it though.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Surely even old people don't find Mrs Brown's Boys funny?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely even old people don't find Mrs Brown's Boys funny?

Old people do seem to find "old people" being funny, funny. If you get what I mean.

My old nan used to piss herself laughing at Last of the Summer Wine for goodness sake. Mind you, she was incontinent so maybe that's not saying much.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
9838187.jpg

I have never seen Mrs Brown's boys so I can't really comment.
I have naturally assumed that it is utter turd based purely on hearsay and the general look of the programme.

My step-mum likes it though.

Mrs. P loves it. Concept is a bit odd, Mrs. Brown is played by a man, the wife of said man appears in it as well - as his sister I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here