Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RMT call Eurostar strikes

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Continuing to win hearts and minds by ****ing up the holidays of hard working British families.

Nice work fellas.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We do appear to be heading back to the 1970s. I am expecting flares and perms to be coming back soon.

Perhaps the French have it spot on?

frenchview.PNG

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Its ok the union leaders will be chauffeured to their private jets to ensure they can get away to their holidays

Oh great i can get my pair of Falmer jeans and snake buckle elastic belt out again :)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So the RMT have got what, 3 or 4 beefs going on simultaneously? Conductor issue with Southern, another dispute here in the sout/soutwest possibly, a row in Scotland, and now a strike with Eurostar.

Anyone would think that there is a competition going between regional reps to see who can organise the most damaging dispute. Maybe they are being encouraged by the rise in the militant left, aka Corbynism, but there must be some kind of agenda going on here? Maybe time to wipe them out like the NUM.......the unions not the workers.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Two years ago I would have been jumping up and down with fury about the inconvenience and the cheek
of the Unions. But I've seen and heard too much in the past two years where the average person has been
treated like sh*t by clueless, incompetent ********* at the top. I'm not left-wing either. It's about being decent
and fair to people.

I have sympathy.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Which is NOT an important issue for them??

What's your point here?

Striking costs these people money you know.
I'm sure it is an important issue for them, but does it really justify inflicting widespread chaos on innocent passengers?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Perhaps the French have it spot on?

View attachment 77062
WTF has she got to do with it.... 1) the rail companies are private 2) these disputes have been going on longer than she has had any influence over industrial relations.

I would look closer to home mate... Corbyn and his buddies in the unions,.. stirring the pot.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
It does seem to me that a few seem to forget we fought a long fight ourselves not so long ago for what we thought was right. Obviously the Albion aren't a service as such so we didn't affect the general public that much although we did shut roads for protests and the extra police presence at matches and some of the late Goldstone matches had to be paid for. Plus of course whatever we say the residents of Withdean when we fought to get back there were inconvenienced. That fight mattered to us and we fought for ourselves as well as those down the line who will be able to visit the Amex. Just worth remembering before you instantly condem anyone trying to stand up for their rights or maintain safety etc.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If people, in any industry, are THAT unhappy with their work/life balance, they could always try looking for a more suitable job instead of venting their frustration by disrupting people's lives. :shrug:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If people, in any industry, are THAT unhappy with their work/life balance, they could always try looking for a more suitable job instead of venting their frustration by disrupting people's lives. :shrug:

What a load of rubbish.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
It does seem to me that a few seem to forget we fought a long fight ourselves not so long ago for what we thought was right. Obviously the Albion aren't a service as such so we didn't affect the general public that much although we did shut roads for protests and the extra police presence at matches and some of the late Goldstone matches had to be paid for. Plus of course whatever we say the residents of Withdean when we fought to get back there were inconvenienced. That fight mattered to us and we fought for ourselves as well as those down the line who will be able to visit the Amex. Just worth remembering before you instantly condem anyone trying to stand up for their rights or maintain safety etc.
Not about money then?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is NOT an important issue for them??

What's your point here?

Striking costs these people money you know.

I think the point of this thread is to goad one poster in particular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here