Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Queens Park Brighton the most over rated area in the city ?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes that's true.

Which roads there would you consider as upmarket?

The bubble is called Brighton & Hove. It's bloody expensive, and while £650k is a lot of money, it doesn't get you a big upmarket home.

Surely 'upmarket' is a relative term? Maybe only 10% of the population of Brighton and Hove could afford a £650k home, therefore those homes would be upmarket to most?

Whilst I believe B&H property is obscenely overpriced for most, the reality of life is that homes only available to a small percentage of the population have to be described as upmarket? Anyway, moving on......

Jul 7, 2016
I think you'll find this will fall on deaf ears. Some of the posters on this thread can't accept that some people would rather spend their mega bucks to live in a big old lot in central Brighton rather than get bored to death in Hove, Withdean etc.

I would say central Brighton is dirty, difficult to park, touristy and has way too many people with issues walking about. I don't live in Btn or Hove but given the choice central Hove somewhere off the seafront wins hands down. Feels much classier to and family friendly. I live in the Sussex countryside.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Surely 'upmarket' is a relative term?
Agreed, but when NotNick said "that general Queen's Pk area is not upmarket" he didn't mean in regards to what the population could afford, he meant the quality/style of the area compared to other locations.

Whilst I believe B&H property is obscenely overpriced for most, the reality of life is that homes only available to a small percentage of the population have to be described as upmarket?
Yeah I can see that could be one definition, I just don't think it's what NotNick meant.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think you'll find this will fall on deaf ears. Some of the posters on this thread can't accept that some people would rather spend their mega bucks to live in a big old lot in central Brighton rather than get bored to death in Hove, Withdean etc.
Which posters can't accept that? I can. If that's where people want to live, cool (why does 'cool' look so uncool when written down?). And if you / others live / have lived in Queens park, say what's great about it (as some have done).

Jul 7, 2016
Agreed, but when NotNick said "that general Queen's Pk area is not upmarket" he didn't mean in regards to what the population could afford, he meant the quality/style of the area compared to other locations.

Yeah I can see that could be one definition, I just don't think it's what NotNick meant.

Morning, that is right, I did mean the quality and style of the area compared to some other areas

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure how they keep it so clean and tidy, my sons would ruin it within a week. The bedroom in the loft conversion in that house looks just like my older sons room, but without clothes everywhere except in the wardrobes. :glare:
the estate Agent sorted out a private cleaning company on the sale price???
regards
DR

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I like Queen's Park, but it's used by druggies. I was there Saturday with my boys was playing in the bushes by the clock tower and I found injection needles laying on the ground and empty cans, put me right off and stopped my children from playing

Yes, but to be fair lots of parks and public spaces are used after dark by those sorts of people. Not that it's right of course.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sold previously: 29 May 2014 £1,200,000 Nice little mark up over nearly 3 years!
Yeah, but they did paint it white and put in some wine bottles that they'll take out again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here