Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think Hughton will be off if we miss out?

Do you think Hughton will be off if we miss out?

• Almost certainly

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Quite likely

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Definitely not

Votes: 140 90.3%

• Total voters

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
A lot of talk about this. I'm not so sure, even if a tempting offer or two came in for him. I think he'll see it as unfinished business at a club he has taken to his heart and want to give it at least another season. Also, I firmly believe that the crucial factor will be that, having seen how we have overachieved this season, Bloom will give him the funds he needs to strengthen further and build an even better squad than we have now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hope he stays whatever happens

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, he'll stay.

( Unless he gets an offer from a mid level PL club he can't refuse ).

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I don't think so at the moment no.
IF we don't make it i don't think there are many better options. I can to see a PL team offering him a job at the moment as I do not see any that are really available for him. Watford no one has any idea and Everton will be looking for a big name to come in.
In the Championship Newcastle still have Rafa at the moment although he may still go. Even if he does can not see him going there especially after being sacked previously. Norwich will keep Adams and Villa looks like a job no one will want at the moment. Derby will be in a no better place than us either.
I fully expect him to be here no matter what and I think the club will do what they can to keep all the current players and add 2-3 more names, most likely 2 strikers and one in CM.
Anyway it will all be irrelevant as we will be in the Premier League anyway :)

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Also, I firmly believe that the crucial factor will be that, having seen how we have overachieved this season, Bloom will give him the funds he needs to strengthen further and build an even better squad than we have now.

But the stark reality of the situation is that TB gave the club more money than ever before for this 2015/16 season.
Yet the club will start the 2016/17 season in exactly the same position that it started the 2014/15 after a comparatively frugal investment.

You seem to be spending rather a lot of someone else's money with absolutely no guarantee of return.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I think we will struggle to match 89 points next season, so if he wanted to move then that would be the time to do it.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
But the stark reality of the situation is that TB gave the club more money than ever before for this 2015/16 season.
Yet the club will start the 2016/17 season in exactly the same position that it started the 2014/15 after a comparatively frugal investment.

You seem to be spending rather a lot of someone else's money with absolutely no guarantee of return.

I'm not spending anyone's money, just speculating like the rest of us.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Depends......If a club doubles his wages and quadruples a playing budget...anything is possible....

Does he feel (if we stay down) that i can take the club further or does he think no i have reached the ceiling..

He might just be very happy here,settled and into a project......he gets a playing budget that exceeds his expectation and then an offer that's even better comes along..

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You really needed a 'probably not' option as well.

'Definately not' is a bit strong ( for me ).

Can we have a likely option too? whilst we are at it.... :lolol:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
The Brighton job is a safe one for managers that like to stay in employment. Bloom will only sack them for a very good reason. He did it reluctantly with hyppia and we'll never know exactly why with poyet (who was angling for a new job anyway).

It's therefore not a job managers should take for granted. There is always the danger of leaving for a club that aren't as sympathetic or patient with managers and then it's tricky climbing back up the mangerial ladder. Just ask Gus.

I'd like to think hughton sees this.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
This will be a season with a manger in place to prepare for next season - a rare thing at this club recently - no matter what division we are in.

larus

I'm not certain, but I don't think TB had any expectations of automatic promotion this season, so will probably be quite pleased with the achievements this season. So, IMO, your statement which seems to imply that TB will be disappointed with this season is way off the mark.

Again, purely an opinion, I would feel that TB will be very satisfied with the season and also the performances. Whether this translates into another chunk of money for CH who knows, but he has shown his willingness to back his managers, so I see no reason to assume any difference going forward.

I feel that TB takes a longer term view, hence the training academy investment, so will very likely want CH to stay and will provide him the resources to push on from this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here