Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rosenior in CM.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Definate possibility. Could Bruno be another option? Towell didn't look out of place but all 3 aren't to the same standard as Sidwell or Stephens.

He is an amazing player, but I think he is too versatile to start him in midfield. I think he'll start at left back with Bong on the Bench. With Knockeart out, we will have to start with Murphy and Skalak out wide, and Towell will have to start alongside Kayal in the centre. Thank god we have Dunk back. But how ever you look at it, it's a very weak team.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rosenior seems to give everything and encourages those around him, I think he needs to be in that team somewhere somehow because even if we do the incredible and pull the two goals back we'll still need him keeping players focused.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
He is an amazing player, but I think he is too versatile to start him in midfield. I think he'll start at left back with Bong on the Bench. With Knockeart out, we will have to start with Murphy and Skalak out wide, and Towell will have to start alongside Kayal in the centre. Thank god we have Dunk back. But how ever you look at it, it's a very weak team.

I've been the most negative man out there tonight but is it really THAT weak??

Stockdale
Bruno
Rosenoir
Dunk
Greer
Murphy
Skalák / Lua Lua
Kayal
Towell
Baldock
Wilson

My only concern really would be Richie Towell. Some may also question Wilson but I think this game might suit him. In theory we should be at them from the get go. Wilson isn't really suited to a 10 men backs to the walk job away from home.

That team has easily got two goals in it. Be it Murphy, one of the strikers or Dunk from a Skalák set piece.

The telling thing for me as I was utterly dejected at Full time, was the immediate reaction of the players. I expected heads down and hard done by body language. But there was none of that. As far as they're concerned we are still in this tie.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex

It's a very weak team? I am utterly convinced we have a good enough team left to beat Weds on Mon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Rosenior is a ****ing don. The way he was behaving in front of the away fans tonight was superb, he's not giving up, I just hope he can project that attitude on to the rest of the squad.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unclear, but don't think he played last few games at Gillingham because of injury

Bugger. Much as Rosenior could probably do a job, doesn't make sense to move him into that position ahead of Crofts. Though ahead of Towell is a different proposition. Biggest problem we have now is that with a major reshuffle required, there's really no time to work on it in training. In fact, the 10 that finished are probably so shagged out it's hard to imagine much training will be useful at all.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
You can't really knock Towell for effort. He ran around a lot, but never seemed to put pressure on the ball or touch it. It's really not fair on a guy who has played 1 game in 5 months.

Defensively we should be solid with dunk back, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Goldson start on Monday.

The reason for Liam playing in cm is he has a ton of experience at the highest level. Captained hull in the prem. And he is just really bloody good on the ball at this level. Add the engine and tackling, it should allow kayal to get higher up the field and support the strikers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was thinking about putting Rosenoir on the right side of midfield or more central.

NB. At half time, Albion had 54% of possession and more passing accuracy. Game went as I expected except for the injuries.

We created two half chances , Baldock shot on target and Hemed header. About as expected and quite similiar to the Boro game with the opposition coming into it in the middle of the game. And going down to ten men blunted a final flourish. CH played both games right tactically.

Like against Burnley we restricted the opposition to long shots (mostly) and limited them mostly to deep crosses to their big men. Except for their second goal. This mimicked our other games against Wednesday.

PS: I thought we had chance in the second play-off match at Derby, but in the the injuries were just too much that season. Like that match ,we need the first goal early on to give us a sporting chance. Injuries may be too much again! But at least we've got a back four this time.

PS: Towell had 10 touches (40 mins), Hemed 11 (40 mins), Baldock 36, Rosenoir 22, Wilson 15 (50 mins), Sidwell 40 (50 mins), Kayal 63.

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
With Stephens and sidwell out, I'd move rosenior into cm. tireless. Class on the ball. Can tackle.

Thoughts?
Stockdale
Bruno, Greer, Dunk, Song
Murphy, Rosenoir, Kayal, KLL
Skalak, Baldock

Subs : Calde, Towell, whoever arrives at ground from NSC who has a pair of boots.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bruno and Rosenior playing in either CM or RB, think they can both do a job there, probably just side with Bruno in CM his range of passing is superb.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We've got Towell, Holla and possibly Crofts to play in midfield. Let's not put another player there who has probably never played in that position before eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here