Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beat Boro.................... or it's Hillsborough bound

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Morning Seagulls!

Hope you're all well, I assume the nerves are kicking in now, a big big game awaits at the Riverside and it's as Cash rich as the PO final itself, a straight shootout.

A trip to Hillsborough awaits the "losers", I assume you're not looking forward to that should the worst happen, we had two close encounters in the league this season and could see another two tight, tense affairs on the cards, that said a trip to the Amex on a Monday isn't appealing either.

All the best

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've almost resigned myself to the play-offs, to be honest. Maybe not, but what will be will be.

We have a shocking record at your place, but the good thing is that we have a 100% record against Wednesday in the games that really matter and of course we have a better team than you. :thumbsup:

No disrespect to Wednesday, but I'd fancy us to edge you over two legs - and then lose in the final. :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd not be overly bothered about your lot. You are a decent and solid, if unspectacular, side and you're quite correct our games were close. Quite drab in fact.

I'd be more concerned about our ability to rally ourselves should we be consigned to the play-offs.

For that reason alone, I wish you all the best against Boro.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
There is no point pretending, the thought of playing Wednesday in the play offs fills me with dread but no more so than Hull or Derby.

We have really struggled to score goals against the top six in this division and whilst equally we don't let many in it will therefore come down to a low scoring two leg contest where luck will play a big part.

But you never know we might win at Middlesboro and then we don't need to worry.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 30, 2008
Been on the trenches with some of youre lads on england duties abroad,

respect to them, have met up since to practice some brass band tunes. Need to improve my cornet playing, not as good as youre boys

Regards

DR

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The home game against Sheffield Wednesday was probably the worst game at the Amex.

Awful performance by us, nothing performance by them.

We can't be worse than that day, surely...?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Morning Seagulls!

Hope you're all well, I assume the nerves are kicking in now, a big big game awaits at the Riverside and it's as Cash rich as the PO final itself, a straight shootout.

A trip to Hillsborough awaits the "losers", I assume you're not looking forward to that should the worst happen, we had two close encounters in the league this season and could see another two tight, tense affairs on the cards, that said a trip to the Amex on a Monday isn't appealing either.

All the best

To be fair if we have to go for the play offs I hope we absolutely tear you a new one...I have never come across such an arrogant bunch of supporters apart from Leeds..Must be a Yorkshire thing, feeling inadequate.. All the comments of 'we are much better than Brighton', 'they don't travel, so will only have a bus full' etc etc.

I am hoping a lot of your fans will be eating a portion of humble pie, whether it is us or Boro you play!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Morning Seagulls!

All the best

No your god awful band will NOT be allowed in the Amex

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
To be fair if we have to go for the play offs I hope we absolutely tear you a new one...I have never come across such an arrogant bunch of supporters apart from Leeds..Must be a Yorkshire thing, feeling inadequate.. All the comments of 'we are much better than Brighton', 'they don't travel, so will only have a bus full' etc etc.

I am hoping a lot of your fans will be eating a portion of humble pie, whether it is us or Boro you play!

Some of our fans are just as bad. Number of posts where people are stating its a given that we will play Derby in the play off final hardly shows much class on our part.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010

I don't recall making those comments myself but go ahead and generalise.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Morning Seagulls!

All the best

IF we lose on Saturday our boys WILL destroy you in the play offs...

Real Boro Fan

May 2, 2016
Was hoping for a joint promotion party on Saturday but Burnley have ruined that prospect. If we clinch promotion, I hope you go on to win the play offs. Chris Hughton deserves Manager of the Season.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
After yesterday's appalling display I am almost certain that we'll end up in the po final vs. Derby and I reckon we could play them for nine hours straight and not beat them.

Wednesday? Why does ever pundit go on about the "right" of a football city like Sheffield with its northern northerness to be represented in the EPL? What about us? Bloody hell no one, not Sheffield Wednesday, not Burnley or poxy Boro have suffered as much as Albion fans for so long.

Because we come from a "trendy" southern city with a large gay and liberal knobhead contingency it means that the working class brightonians who are the backbone of the club, who went to Gillingham & Hereford sat in the pissing rain and snow at withdean watching us get done by poxy tranmere or whoever...what about OUR right?

It makes me sick. Claridge was even saying that Wednesday should go up because of how they " suffered " after hillsborough. Eh? Wednesday not bothering to keep their safety standards up to regs was one of the main reasons for the disaster from what I've read.

It's no ones ****ing "right" to go up. We've been at the top of this division all season with a far less expensively assembled squad than the likes of Boro Hull and Derby. Sod Wednesday. Sod the lot of you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here