Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Draw tomorrow would suit both sides....

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huh?

If we win and they draw we'll be level on points with Burnley, and only two points behind Boro and still to play Boro.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just good to know that however it pans out, either one of our rivals is going to drop three points, or both of our rivals are going to drop two points. And all the 90+ minute goals in the world aren't going to change that. Just need to focus on playing our own game now.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Nonsence.
Burnley would take a draw but will then definitely be looking at the fact we've scored 6 more goals than them in the last 4 matches. There's 8 difference now, and a draw for them would help us close it further. They'll both be fighting for the win.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
There's no way Boro will want to settle for a draw. It would increase the chances of us going there on the last day needing to win to overhaul them - and if they lost then a likely Burnley win at Charlton would see them potentially missing out on the top 2.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
There's no way Boro will want to settle for a draw. It would increase the chances of us going there on the last day needing to win to overhaul them - and if they lost then a likely Burnley win at Charlton would see them potentially missing out on the top 2.
This...Although it would be perfect if that's how it panned out!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Who cares what that result is. If we win our last 4 games we are up regardless. That result one way or the other, just gives more room for error on our own part

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can quite see both teams being relatively cagey with an element of playing 'not to lose' as by not losing each team ensures they retain the ability to control their own destiny.

Having watched nearly all of both of their fixtures on dodgy-stream-a-vision at the weekend, neither were particularly impressive in the same way we were relatively poor in the opening 25 minutes against Fulham. I don't believe they will both win their remaining fixtures.

Boro's fixtures all look tricky to me. Birmingham away, particularly, could be very troublesome. The Blues were mightily unlucky on Saturday. Preston away for Burnley has banana skin written all over it too.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Who cares what that result is. If we win our last 4 games we are up regardless. That result one way or the other, just gives more room for error on our own part

Is that right? I thought we would still be relying on other results even if we do win the last game of the season??

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

:clap2:

Absolutely this. It's in our own hands. Why focus on other teams when our brilliant squad has just smashed Fulham 5-0?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Is that right? I thought we would still be relying on other results even if we do win the last game of the season??

Whatever happens tomorrow if we win all our games we will get promoted.

Tomorrows game doesn't give us any room for error at all though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No because of the fact that Boro and Burnley play each other. If Boro win and so do we we overtake Burnely and then just have to keep winning. If Burnley win and we do tomorrow we are within a point of Boro and we have to play them last - win that and we're up. A draw with us winning again takes us up if we win all our games including Boro.

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
No because of the fact that Boro and Burnley play each other. If Boro win and so do we we overtake Burnely and then just have to keep winning. If Burnley win and we do tomorrow we are within a point of Boro and we have to play them last - win that and we're up. A draw with us winning again takes us up if we win all our games including Boro.

Sorry, I'm having a thick moment. If Burnley and Boro draw tomorrow and we win all our remaining games then wont it be down to goal difference, with ours being inferior by -8 at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here