Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So it's Wednesday then

Of course we can go up automatically but removing the blue tinted glasses and looking at stone cold facts, without emotion has us playing Sheffield Wednesday in the play off semis.

This scenario would be the shortest priced outcome with that bookies (if they took bets on such things)

I would suggest the second most likely scenario is us nicking second place and the very distant third most likely scenario is us playing Derby in the semis.

I can't foresee a situation where we finish outside the top 3 and its difficult to see Wednesday not finishing 6th

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Have to disagree I think at best Burnley will get 3 from 6 against Boro and Preston and conceivably maybe either 1 or 2 points so for me 2nd place is still favourite with Boro going up as champions

D

Deleted member 2719

Have to disagree I think at best Burnley will get 3 from 6 against Boro and Preston and conceivably maybe either 1 or 2 points so for me 2nd place is still favourite with Boro going up as champions

I hope your right, but how many do you think we will take from Derby and Boro???

What stone cold facts are these?

The most likely scenarios according to the bookies. Not saying they are right or we won't make second. I'm full of optimism. But the reality is that from the current position and with the remaining games for the top 3, we will remain 3rd.

However, ignoring the bookies, i think we will have a narrow victory over QPR and Boro will beat Burnley. Burnley will then lose to Preston on Friday and will will knock 5 or 6 past Charlton, leaving us 4 points in front of Burnley this time next week, with a superior goal difference.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The most likely scenarios according to the bookies. Not saying they are right or we won't make second. I'm full of optimism. But the reality is that from the current position and with the remaining games for the top 3, we will remain 3rd.

Those aren't facts, let alone 'stone cold facts'. They are predictions, guesses, opinions coloured by emotions and business interests.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is a possibility that we fail to beat QPR, and Burnley and Middlesbrough draw.

Disaster.

Let's just focus on beating QPR for now and see how the other results fall.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Burnley draw to Boro and away to Preston in the derby, then we go up if we beat QPR, Charlton and Derby. That's a fact too

I like that. I'd give anything for it to be sorted before Boro. Way too scared of needing something from that game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
If Burnley draw to Boro and away to Preston in the derby, then we go up if we beat QPR, Charlton and Derby. That's a fact too
Is that right?

That would give Burnley 85 pts with 2 to play. We would have 90 points with one to play, wouldn't it?

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants

That's not what the bookies think.

For instance Corals have Burnley at 1/7 and us at evens to go up.

I think the reality is somewhere inbetween - I'd have Burnley as favorites to be second behind Boro due to our final two games - but probably as a 65/35 shout probability wise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Today's results were really disappointing but this squad seems to have what it takes. One game at a time is the only way to look at things now.

Being in the playoffs would be a massive disappointment, that shows just how far we have come this season.

We can do this and I say that as one of the top 10 glass half empty posters on this board.

I refuse to get too concerned about any of the Burnley or Boro results, I have absolute faith in this bunch of players to see us over the line in first or second place.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Yay, Wednesday in the play offs. Can't wait to put our cracking record at Hillsborough to the test :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here