Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Line of Duty

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think this series has its tongue firmly in the cheek.

Hastings has become a parody of himself with 'bent coppers', 'mother of god' and 'fella'.

Arnott explaining the plot at each opprtunity.

Oh the whole thing is massively hammy and not to be taken seriously. If I took it seriously, I'd get very frustrated.

It's a theme park ride. Turn brain off and enjoy the ride I reckon.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Corrupt Carmichael.

Davidson will now be bumped off in prison.

Just a slight plot flaw, the two Prison Warders who abused Lindsey Denton in series two, shit in her food and boiling water on her hand, are still, as of last night, working in the Prison service at the same nick. Surely when Lindsey was cleared of all charges in Series 3 and released she might have pointed the finger at them both?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just a slight plot flaw, the two Prison Warders who abused Lindsey Denton in series two, shit in her food and boiling water on her hand, are still, as of last night, working in the Prison service at the same nick. Surely when Lindsey was cleared of all charges in Series 3 and released she might have pointed the finger at them both?

You and I could say that all the way through. Why did Jimmy Lakewell refuse to talk, so allowing his predictable execution in prison?

The undertone is that almost everyone is scared to their core by the corrupt/murderous establishment/OCG.

Think of it as the Midlands equivalent of the Camorra or 'Ndrangheta.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You and I could say that all the way through. Why did Jimmy Lakewell refuse to talk, so allowing his predictable execution in prison?

The undertone is that almost everyone is scared to their core by the corrupt/murderous establishment/OCG.

Think of it as the Midlands equivalent of the Camorra or 'Ndrangheta.

Yes, everyone is petrified, because the OCG have people / control everywhere, so nobody is safe.

The fact that the 2 prison guards who abused Denton are still there is a good example of how much in control the OCG actually are.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Someone claiming to be involved in the production posted a comment on the Guardian LoD page saying that it wasn't a photo of Nesbitt but a lookalike. Obviously, we have no way of knowing whether that was true but it's the sort of stunt that Mercurio would pull.

I don't buy the idea that Carmichael is H. She's too obviously set up as a villain. She's either an arch bureaucrat brought in to merge two departments or someone out to root out corruption but waiting till Ted's out of the picture so she can get the credit

It was Nesbitt, it was filmed at a marina in Belfast and if anyone asked they said it was for a photo shoot, I assume he was filming Bloodlands around there at the time.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
I think a minor character will get caught in the last episode after they dig the floor up, I’m going for the DS that looks like Dot, then that will lead on to the overall leader in the next series, Osbourne maybe.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I tend to think of this as a convenience for TV rather than a plot flaw. You could have different OCG warders played by different actors doing awful things to different characters, and it would make more sense (apart from raising the ever present question of where the OCG gets all these people from).

For the internal logic of the show though, it doesn't make any difference, since none of the police officers who go into prison know who the wardens are. But for the audience, they are recognisable and get a reaction that you wouldn't get if they had different people playing them. There may at some point be the bonus of a satisfying pay off if they get caught.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Anyone managed to drop this into convo yet

918488F2-0609-42A8-AAAE-AC0360859C3C.jpeg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was Nesbitt, it was filmed at a marina in Belfast and if anyone asked they said it was for a photo shoot, I assume he was filming Bloodlands around there at the time.

My wife immediately went "that's blatantly not Spain".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Caught up with this the other night. It's really boring compared to the previous series'. I'm guessing it's basically the 2nd act before next series' 3rd act finale. As it were. Setting the scene for a thrilling last series finale? Either way, very unthrilling. Just not buying that little pansy cop with no lips as a hardened member of an OCG.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Caught up with this the other night. It's really boring compared to the previous series'. I'm guessing it's basically the 2nd act before next series' 3rd act finale. As it were. Setting the scene for a thrilling last series finale? Either way, very unthrilling. Just not buying that little pansy cop with no lips as a hardened member of an OCG.

If you are referring to Pilkington wasnt he the one that when a kid was giving Steve’s fingers a hard time with some bolt cutters

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
If you are referring to Pilkington wasnt he the one that when a kid was giving Steve’s fingers a hard time with some bolt cutters

Yeah and killed John Corbett and the Asian Policewoman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here