Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Bruce to Villa?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Stan Collymore reckons that Steve Bruce would be interested in the Villa job? http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stan-collymore-been-told-steve-11067143

Why would he even think of going there if it's true? Villa are all but down and I don't think Alex Ferguson coming out of retirement could keep them up from their position whereas Hull are still very much in the mix for promotion.

Good news for us though if a bit more uncertainty creeps in to the dressing room at one of our rivals.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
If Villa go down and Hull fail to go up maybe there'd be some truth in it...even then it'd be weird.

As it's Stan Collymore that's spreading the rumour I'd be inclined to think that it'll come to nothing, whilst serving as yet another 'look at me' from him. I await the bounces when it turns out to be true...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Is this the same Stan Collywobble that tipped Forest for a play off place a few weeks back?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
An owner that threatens to sell every 5 minutes when he doesn't get his way over renaming the team to 'Tigers' ???

Not much different to Lerner then - who has said Villa are up for sale many times over, only reason he's still there is because he hasn't been able to find a buyer.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Not much different to Lerner then - who has said Villa are up for sale many times over, only reason he's still there is because he hasn't been able to find a buyer.

A buyer at the inflated right price to him !

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
TBH if Villa want to get out of the Championship this season they need to get an experienced Championship manager in ASAP, they have no chance with Garde in charge so who knows.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Villa will struggle in the Championship next season....

Yes I really think that they might. The club seems to be rotten from the top right down to the bottom, with a few senior first team players seemingly running the dressing room, and the remainder made up largely of kids, it's a recipe for disaster.

In many ways too, the Championship is more physical than the Premier League, and is becoming more and more difficult to get out of. I'm afraid I can see them slipping right the way through to League One.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I really think that they might. The club seems to be rotten from the top right down to the bottom, with a few senior first team players seemingly running the dressing room, and the remainder made up largely of kids, it's a recipe for disaster.

In many ways too, the Championship is more physical than the Premier League, and is becoming more and more difficult to get out of. I'm afraid I can see them slipping right the way through to League One.

Yeah exactly that.......has all the hallmarks of a proper crisis there really - not sure they've got the stomach for the Championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here