Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby, who I thought were, with Middlebrough, the benchmark........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Were were a better side than Hull the year they went up IMHO so anything could happen. We'd have taken their place if we'd scored a goal at their place.
That's not quite true. Hull beat us 1-0 (81st minute goal) in a tight game on the opening day. Had we scored that goal instead of them, then we'd have ended up above them in 2nd.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
That's not quite true. Hull beat us 1-0 (81st minute goal) in a tight game on the opening day. Had we scored that goal instead of them, then we'd have ended up above them in 2nd.

You have a better memory than me! I was there but couldn't remember the score, just thought we were by far the better team (and also that it was about £1.60 a pint in a nearby pub).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Good thread. When we had our team together in the first half of the season we were definitely just as good as all the so-called benchmark teams we are not meant to be able to compete with...

Hopefully over the next few weeks we can re-establish that situation and push hard again for automatic or at least to go into the play offs as favourites.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
if we can re-find our form/mojo , get Balders kaz , Bong , and LR fit again then with the addition of knockaert and the retention of wilson until the end of the season......i think we all know that at our best we can beat anyone in this league......if it all comes down to the last game of the season to determine who gets auto - promotion i think i might possibly let a small bit of wee out...!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As said above, it's small margins. One mistake by Bruno led to that goal, and we came very close to scoring ourselves.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Our last 2 games of the season are against Derby and Middlesbrough. Would be pretty exciting if we were still in with a shout for an auto spot...

Therein lies a problem of not being 7 pts clear for the auto spots with 2 games to go.

cf: http://www.skysports.com/football/n...olloway-analyses-championship-promotion-race?

I agree with Ollie that a new covering central defender would be a boon. Mike Williamson (Newcastle) might be worth a bid (if the wages are not too high: probably will be).

Our last seven home games do not look as formidable now as they did at the beginning of the season.

NB: I think largely counter attacking teams have difficulty winning their home games. Possession style teams are better at holding on to leads (but not the Albion it seems.)

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
You have a better memory than me! I was there but couldn't remember the score, just thought we were by far the better team (and also that it was about £1.60 a pint in a nearby pub).

I still have horrors about Curtis Davies at the corner and Forster-Caskey bottling the ball on the line. Arsenal and one other team fell foul of the same ploy shortly afterwards. No player on the goal line though. (FA Cup match).

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
One mistake by Bruno led to that goal,.

Still happens now. With all to alarming regularity but because he can control a football and do the odd fancy pass or flick people want to lick his bellend.

Still cant ****ing defend tho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here