Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don Goodman (Sky Sports website) gives up waiting for BHA to slide

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
GOODMAN SAYS: "I have to be honest, I have been waiting for Brighton to start sliding down the table - slowly but surely. But I gave up that theory about six to eight games ago. It was then I realised that this is a team capable of sustaining their challenge because they have the ability to keep going and going. They never give in.

"If you analyse the amount of games they've been behind in and salvaged points, it's quite frightening. They have got unbelievable resilience, resolve and character. Those are qualities that will get you success. I take my hat off to everyone at Brighton, but particularly Chris Hughton, who was harshly treated at Newcastle United when he was there.This is a man who knows what it takes to bring success to a football club at this level. It's quite remarkable what they've achieved. I bet the supporters are loving it."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ighton-have-immense-resolve-says-don-goodman?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
"If you analyse the amount of games they've been behind in and salvaged points, it's quite frightening. They have got unbelievable resilience, resolve and character. Those are qualities that will get you success.

He hasn't 'analysed' them very closely. We've been behind at ANY time, in a grand total of TWO games all season (Cardiff and Charlton).

Goodman is one of many absolute pricks, stealing a living off Sky.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
He's a tit but he's right about the team spirit, resolve and character that runs right through the club at the moment.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
He hasn't 'analysed' them very closely. We've been behind at ANY time, in a grand total of TWO games all season (Cardiff and Charlton).

Although to be fair we've retaken a lead and secured 3 points after our opponents have equalised at Ipswich, Fulham, Birmingham, and Leeds. We've also won after going 1-0 down (Bristol City) and 2-0 down (Charlton) and we got that point at Cardiff after being 1-0 down.

Thats a useful 15 points in 7 games where we've won back points after letting in goal(s)...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Maybe he is an absolute prick, as you so eloquently put it, and yes you right it's very rare that the Albion have come from behind this season.

But none the less, what he is absolutely correct about, is the amazing resilience and belief that he have within the camp now, No way would that set of players ever countenance defeat.

On Saturday for instance, were they happy at salvaging a point?, no they went on to win. How many other teams would have done that I wonder?

As Don Goodman rightly says, that worth ethic, that total togetherness, that self belief, that will to win, all all things that are vital in a team hoping for promotion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Although to be fair we've retaken a lead and secured 3 points after our opponents have equalised at Ipswich, Fulham, Birmingham, and Leeds. We've also won after going 1-0 down (Bristol City) and 2-0 down (Charlton) and we got that point at Cardiff after being 1-0 down.

Thats a useful 15 points in 7 games where we've won back points after letting in goal(s)...

Fair points.

He's still a prick though.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He's a waste of space. Listened to his summarising early season and started to reminisce about the halcyon days of Andy Townsend.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I love this Goodman heaps praise on the Albion and thinks we are in it for the Long run and hes a ****ing prick.

Lawerson seems like he doesnt think we will make it to the end of the season without falling away, he is a prick as well.

**** it everyone is a prick.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
GOODMAN SAYS: "I have to be honest, I have been waiting for Brighton to start sliding down the table - slowly but surely. But I gave up that theory about six to eight games ago. It was then I realised that this is a team capable of sustaining their challenge because they have the ability to keep going and going. They never give in.

"If you analyse the amount of games they've been behind in and salvaged points, it's quite frightening. They have got unbelievable resilience, resolve and character. Those are qualities that will get you success. I take my hat off to everyone at Brighton, but particularly Chris Hughton, who was harshly treated at Newcastle United when he was there.This is a man who knows what it takes to bring success to a football club at this level. It's quite remarkable what they've achieved. I bet the supporters are loving it."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ighton-have-immense-resolve-says-don-goodman?

YAWN YAWN YAWN - Wait and take your hat off to us in a month.

I care not one jot what these people on TV or in the press think. Only the club and the fans are important and I was speaking to someone at the club today and they know that they are capable of beating anyone in this league now. They know that we could easily lose the next 3 games but they also know that they could just as easily win all 3 as well. Thats the aim

What they said was ''Yes we will be very wary of playing against 3 very good sides in the coming weeks but they will be just as wary of playing against us in those weeks as well

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
If this team can keep believing and keep going as they are, we are in for one hell of a good season.

One thing I noticed on Saturday was that even though we looked a bit pants against a team struggling near the bottom, there was not a single person around me at half time that was upset or annoyed at the team. We were all agreeing that at sometime this run was going to come to an end and the team up to this point had been amazing and they were having an off day for what ever reason. There was no booing, no entitlement that we should be winning every game and no despair. If we as fans can keep doing that, and not start putting unnecessary pressure on these players and keep with them, it will be a massive help.

The second half they were back to their amazing selves. #together

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I love this Goodman heaps praise on the Albion and thinks we are in it for the Long run and hes a ****ing prick.

Lawerson seems like he doesnt think we will make it to the end of the season without falling away, he is a prick as well.

**** it everyone is a prick.

His 'praise' is based on his stunning analysis, of something that never happened.

"If you analyse the amount of games they've been behind in and salvaged points, it's quite frightening"

Going behind in THREE of 19 games, and recovering, really isn't a 'frightening' statistic, is it?

I called him a 'prick', not because of his opinion of the Albion -which favourable or otherwise, he's entitled to - but because he's basing it on a lack of insight, knowledge or research, into the league that he is PAID to follow. THAT is why I consider him, Hinchcliffe and the others to be pricks.

Just like when (current French international and darling of the French media) Hatem Ben Arfa scored on his debut for Newcastle, and Alan Shearer announced on MotD "We don't know a thing about this kid Ben Arfa..."

Do your ****ing JOBS, you lazy, thick, golf club wankers.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
" who was harshly treated at Newcastle United when he was there."

Who isn't tbf

Good point although perhaps some deserve it more than others.....

attachment.php

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,207

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Meh, we will lose a few soon enough, you just cant not in this division and we will probably play really well in them...thats just how it goes. Remarkable how long the current run is.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If this team can keep believing and keep going as they are, we are in for one hell of a good season.

One thing I noticed on Saturday was that even though we looked a bit pants against a team struggling near the bottom, there was not a single person around me at half time that was upset or annoyed at the team. We were all agreeing that at sometime this run was going to come to an end and the team up to this point had been amazing and they were having an off day for what ever reason. There was no booing, no entitlement that we should be winning every game and no despair. If we as fans can keep doing that, and not start putting unnecessary pressure on these players and keep with them, it will be a massive help.

The second half they were back to their amazing selves. #together
Goodman obviously is a probable prick but he is right about the psychological factors now at play. And this post about Saturday makes the same point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here