Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

7 years ago today.....

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Portsmouth played AC Milan in the UEFA Cup.

Whilst Micky Adams' Brighton & Hove Albion were recovering from a 2-0 loss to Stockport County two days prior in League One.

How times have changed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Didn't just play them, DREW with them. And were leading for 30 mins.

Kaboul (triffic lad) and Distin (triffic lad) up against Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato and Ronaldinho.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where's Edna?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think Pompey were down to the bare bones for that game too #harryism

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Didn't just play them, DREW with them. And were leading for 30 mins.

Kaboul (triffic lad) and Distin (triffic lad) up against Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Kaka, Pato and Ronaldinho.

What a line-up
Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Kaboul, Distin, Belhadj, Little (Mvuemba 66), Diop, Hughes, Traore, Crouch, Kanu (Davis 81).
Subs Not Used: Ashdown, Hreidarsson, Pamarot, Wilson.

Booked: Hughes.

Goals: Kaboul 62, Kanu 73.

AC Milan: Dida, Zambrotta, Favalli, Senderos, Antonini, Gattuso (Seedorf 65), Emerson, Flamini, Kaka (Alexandre Pato 74), Inzaghi, Shevchenko (Ronaldinho 74).

Subs Not Used: Kalac, Kaladze, Pirlo, Bonera.
Booked: Antonini.

Goals: Ronaldinho 84, Inzaghi 90+2.

Att: 20,403
Ref: Serge Gumienny.

Pirlo was on the bench :eek:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
What a line-up
Portsmouth: James, Johnson, Kaboul, Distin, Belhadj, Little (Mvuemba 66), Diop, Hughes, Traore, Crouch, Kanu (Davis 81).

Booked: Hughes.

Goals: Kaboul 62, Kanu 73.

AC Milan: Dida, Zambrotta, Favalli, Senderos, Antonini, Gattuso (Seedorf 65), Emerson, Flamini, Kaka (Alexandre Pato 74), Inzaghi, Shevchenko (Ronaldinho 74).

Subs Not Used: Kalac, Kaladze, Pirlo, Bonera.
Booked: Antonini.

Goals: Ronaldinho 84, Inzaghi 90+2.

Att: 20,403
Ref: Serge Gumienny.

Pirlo was on the bench :eek:

Where is £80,000 per week John Utakha (or however it's spelt) in that list? His was the salary that almost bust Pompey, wasn't it?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Portsmouth played AC Milan in the UEFA Cup.

Whilst Micky Adams' Brighton & Hove Albion were recovering from a 2-0 loss to Stockport County two days prior in League One.

How times have changed.

And I guess they could always change back again.

Let's be ever vigilant.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
And I guess they could always change back again.

Let's be ever vigilant.

Spot on, Hamilton, the game has a very circular pattern to it if you look back over the years, so things can easily come full circle IF WE LET THEM! I'm reminded of the story of a legendary king who had a ring engraved with the words "This, too, will change...." to help him remember that however good or bad things were at any one time, the situation would not stay the same. Or to put a Buddhist slant on it "Nothing ever IS, it is always BECOMING". Enjoy the good times while we can, but don't despair in the bad times.....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a line-up

Great line up.

If only they'd actually paid for them, eh?

Time eh? My son is only six but his first league match was Bton v Stockport, and while we head the football league our opponents that day now play the likes of Brackley Town, Curzon Ashton and a team made up by supporters that didn't exist 10 years ago. Whitehawk (who were in the Sussex county league) are now (slightly) higher than Stockport on the pyramid.

Pompey? I wasn't interested in what they were up to seven years ago, I'm certainly not interested now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here