Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you 'enjoy' watching The Albion?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
It's a strange one for me. I look forward to games all week then feel nervous, frustrated and edgy for pretty much the entire 90 minutes... the ref blows the final whistle and I start looking forward to the next one.

But do I actually 'enjoy it'. I'm not sure!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I like watching us live, most ot the time, but don't like watching on the telly.I feel a lot more nervous when we're on the box

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not for a while. I like that we're undefeated. Our wins seem to be becoming a bit rarer over the last ten games, but when they come it's great. It's great to be top of the table, but generally I'm not enjoying the football. We had some great 10, 20mins of great play, but then stop playing and the game drifts away a bit and we're left hanging on, walking away with some fan or another saying "winning when you're not playing well is a sign of a good team". Y'know what else is the sign of a good team? Playing well. Winning by more than one goal. Not making stupid mistakes.

Enjoying the football is the most important part for me, the wins are nice, but I'd like to enjoy the football.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hate watching on telly, I'm a bag of nerves and just wish it would all be over...............with us not losing preferably.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not for a while. I like that we're undefeated. Our wins seem to be becoming a bit rarer over the last ten games, but when they come it's great. It's great to be top of the table, but generally I'm not enjoying the football. We had some great 10, 20mins of great play, but then stop playing and the game drifts away a bit and we're left hanging on, walking away with some fan or another saying "winning when you're not playing well is a sign of a good team". Y'know what else is the sign of a good team? Playing well. Winning by more than one goal. Not making stupid mistakes.

Enjoying the football is the most important part for me, the wins are nice, but I'd like to enjoy the football.

The actual game is only part of it for me. I go with my other half, meet up with mates and enjoy their company as well as the game. Most of the time I enjoy watching the football, but when it goes wrong, we all moan together, get over it, and look forward to the next game. Likewise, if we do well, we go over the good bits, have a drink and look forward to the next game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

To be fair, we weren't going to suddenly start playing open expansive attractive football after last seasons abysmal performances. We play to our strengths in games (which is defending) but we still don't have the attacking quality throughout the squad to dominate games like 'good teams'. I'd like to think based on the marked improvement compared to the previous season Hughton will and has recognized we need to improve our attacking options, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like watching us live, most ot the time, but don't like watching on the telly.I feel a lot more nervous when we're on the box

Exactly this. Don't know why but watching on telly I find FAR more nerve wracking.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I do enjoy watching us, I think we look to attack, the tempo is good, the players understand their jobs and give 100%.

That all this has turned around in less than 12 months is a staggering achievement by our club. A year ago the football under Hyypia was simply abysmal.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At the Amex I have been a nervous kitten for weeks. I started like that today (watched it on the box) but we looked so good for most of the game I was more relaxed than usual. I think its the expectation/hope and the fear it will all crumble and we'll end up seventh. Rediculous, I realise.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I enjoyed watching us spraying the ball around with aplom at one of our main promotion rivals back yard today yes. A real team performance from all!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There are very few things in life that can take you to the emotional extremes of utter ecstasy and joy (steady) and utter despair and despondency of supporting your football team. In retrospect I've enjoyed every last moment of the roller coaster ride that is being a BHA supporter wouldn't have missed it for the world and pity those that have not experienced or do not understand it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Before the interweb, I used to have to "watch" on teletext - that was torture.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here