Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

She lucky or what?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
This was a quote that interested me:

"Sands told the court she had not intended to hurt Pleasted when she went to his flat with a knife"

No, your honour, definitely not premeditated at all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This was a quote that interested me:

"Sands told the court she had not intended to hurt Pleasted when she went to his flat with a knife"

No, your honour, definitely not premeditated at all.

But can you prove she went there to kill him rather than threaten him to get an admission.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But can you prove she went there to kill him rather than threaten him to get an admission.

I think that unless you're doing something that legitimately involves carrying a knife, such as working in the kitchen, being armed with a knife normally gets considered as premeditation. Pretty much any street fight that ends in a stabbing would classify as murder even if the bloke carrying it claimed it was just to look hard and intimidating for his/her protection.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think that unless you're doing something that legitimately involves carrying a knife, such as working in the kitchen, being armed with a knife normally gets considered as premeditation. Pretty much any street fight that ends in a stabbing would classify as murder even if the bloke carrying it claimed it was just to look hard and intimidating for his/her protection.

She could have quite possibly taken the knife for her own protection when she confronted him. She was clearly in an emotional state.

He had been offending for three decades, families on the estate were concerned for their children’s safety, had fresh offences, and was out on bail. It would have been quite a tense time for all the neighbours.

Should she have done it? No. Do I believe he brought it on himself? Yes.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Giving her 3.5 years is almost implying that two wrongs make a right

OK the guy was a scumbag but you can't have people just killing other people.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I couldn't help thinking 'Family Guy' when I saw his picture.

Herbert.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Tomorrow on BBC Radio 5 Live:

"Hi Kieran. Just before we talk about the latest events at FIFA, what are your thoughts with regard to Sarah Sands?"

I would LOVE IT ((c) Kevin Keegan) if Nicky Campbell asked me that!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
According to the radio reports, the judge said there were special mitigating circumstances which can't be revealed for publicly for legal reasons. You probably don't have to think too hard to imagine what the circumstances might be to drive someone to lose control to that extent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here