Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Bolton

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Both Uwe and Baldock expected to be available for saturday. Who would you pick?

Stockdale

Bruno -Greer - Uwe -Bong

Murphy - Stephens -Kayal - LuaLua

Hemed -Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Rosenior, Dunk, Crofts*, Ince, Manu, Zamora

*If fit, if not, Holla

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Dunk
Bong

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
Lua Lua

Hemed
Baldock

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Hunemeier, Ince, March, Elvis, Zamora

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Stockdale

Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Bong

Rosenior - Stephens -Kayal - Murphy

Hemed -Baldock

Subs: Maenpaa, LuaLua, Uwe, Calderon, Ince, Manu, Zamora

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it would be very harsh to change a defence that kept a clean sheet vs Wolves. I think the only change will be Baldock in for Rosenior

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
I think it would be very harsh to change a defence that kept a clean sheet vs Wolves. I think the only change will be Baldock in for Rosenior

Baldock in for Lualua, who by all accounts has been poor in the last 2 games he's played, and is a red card in waiting.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I don't, when it would be changed to a defence that got us to the top of the league. Uwe deserves his place.
Also the defence which conceded a goal vs Rotherham up against one that didn't against Wolves. What a great position to be in that we are debating the merits of Uwe or Dunk!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stockdale

Bruno-Greer-Hunemeier-Bong

Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-Lualua

Baldock-Hemed​

subs
Maenpaa
Zamora
Murphy
Elvis Manu
Dunk
Ince
March

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Also the defence which conceded a goal vs Rotherham up against one that didn't against Wolves. What a great position to be in that we are debating the merits of Uwe or Dunk!

Or you could say the defence that helped us get a win vs the defence that helped us get a draw against 10 men? :wink:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Or you could say the defence that helped us get a win vs the defence that helped us get a draw against 10 men? :wink:
I'd say the main job of the defence is to stop conceding goals! It's up to the forwards to do the scoring, hence my only change would be up front.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I'd say the main job of the defence is to stop conceding goals! It's up to the forwards to do the scoring, hence my only change would be up front.

I'm not sure it's as simple as that. Defensive players can effect our attacking play. For instance, Bong may have found times where he could not get forward as he normally would when playing with Uwe. Same applies for Kayal/Stephens. They may have found themselves dropping a little deeper if they felt they needed to but maybe have not under Uwe.

We work as a team. One of the main reasons why we are top of the league. Only bad form should see one of the players that has seen this team go top of the league lose his place.

IMO, of course.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
First XI

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Hünemeier Bong
Ince Stephens Kayal Baldock
Hemed Lua Lua

Subs: Mäenpää Rosenoir Murphy March Greer Holla Manu​

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Hünemeier Bong
Ince Stephens Kayal Baldock
Hemed Lua Lua

Subs: Mäenpää Rosenoir Murphy March Greer Holla Manu​
A winger playing as a striker, and a striker playing as a winger.

Interesting tactic to surprise Bolton.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Baldock in for Lualua, who by all accounts has been poor in the last 2 games he's played, and is a red card in waiting.
I don't think Kaz looks like getting a red card, he looks like getting yellows, and if he gets one then he could be taken off. He hasn't been so good in the last couple of games, but the opposition have been doubling up on him, and everyone struggled to break down Wolves. Bolton are struggling and we need to go for the win, so Kaz would be the more attacking choice over Rosenior.

I don't know how strong Bolton are down their right, so if Liam starts then perhaps it's a reflection on that.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
LuaLua and Murphy on the wings, I'd probably revert to Greer and Uwe at centre back but it's a tough one. Other that that, same as ever.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A winger playing as a striker, and a striker playing as a winger.

Interesting tactic to surprise Bolton.

Baldock can cross better than Lualua and Lualua can shoot better than Baldock. Obvious to me!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Both Uwe and Baldock expected to be available for saturday. Who would you pick?

Stockdale

Bruno -Greer - Uwe -Bong

Murphy - Stephens -Kayal - LuaLua

Hemed -Baldock​

Subs: Maenpaa, Rosenior, Dunk, Crofts*, Ince, Manu, Zamora

*If fit, if not, Holla

Good team and what I would choose. Winable game so lets try Murphy and Lua in it. Harsh to drop either still and we need to get back to 2 up front IMO.

No idea why you have Holla on the bench. Bloke is no where near up to the standards we've set this year.

Rest is decent

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good team and what I would choose. Winable game so lets try Murphy and Lua in it. Harsh to drop either still and we need to get back to 2 up front IMO.

No idea why you have Holla on the bench. Bloke is no where near up to the standards we've set this year.

Rest is decent

Where is Rohan Ince?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here