Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
to be honest, the forward line today just failed to finish, conolly was just terrible, didn't see him do anything special all game just like maupay. 2 headless chickens running around in circles. Big difference between good and average players is that the good ones actually look and have the ability to have spacial awareness which imo maupay lacked immensely. Sorry to say this but you need a finisher and not headless chickens. Maupay scored the penalty purely because the effort of lamptey. other than this he hasn't done anything special this season yet.

conolly is just running around trying to dive in the hope to get a penalty. obvious that it wasn't a penalty to begin with and the 2nd dive was just a disgrace. Trossard was doing nicely in the 1st half if i remember it correctly, begin of the 2nd half he wasn't doing anything special until jahanbakhsh came in who actually did create more than conolly and maupay in the whole game.

i must say march did great, altuough must focus on his finishing way more, the header that went in was kind of sketchy as well but its a goal anyway. great cross from AJ, great miss from trossard.

Welcome, Ali :wave:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The fact that he was bought on bodes well for his future here, some beautiful passes and has a shot on him

Still fails to try and win the ball back when he loses it though. Something that those ahead of him are noticeably good at.

Sort that out and he will definitely get more starts.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think he is a good example of being coached well and if a player has got something, Potter and his staff will bring it out. Every player on the pitch today played above and beyond themselves.

Anyway I am satisfied that we are now a team to watch, to be entertaining to a global audience, and are now certainly Prem ready rather than a laughing stock.

Bloom will be very happy with himself and should sigh a breath of refief because this is where he wants the club to be, with his jigsaw completed.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Lovely pas for Trossard's woodwork hattrick and an assist for Solly's goal. not bad for a 15-20-25 minute cameo.

It's good to see that he's played his way into genuine contention. It seems we've found a formation and position that makes the most of his talents.

I'll be honest, I thought his time with us was done. He just wasn't getting a look in and when he got one and performed he still wasn't given more opportunities. It's fantastic to see that his hard work and exemplary attitude have got him back into the fold.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes - definitely.

Rather typically it's presented to the player just on the pitch after missing the x games with an injury.
#TheBrightonWay

That said if all the Albion players took their 'easy' chances today, we'd have won about 6-1, which seems unlikely.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Thought he did well apart from that header. He’s a great option now and still has the best delivery in the squad. Think Welbeck would enjoy playing with him.

We’ve got some very good forward players now.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
What I love about Ali J is how he treats every minute as if it's a World Cup Final.

He's obviously missing the x factor which is why he's not Potter's first choice - but he's a great option off the bench as an impact sub.

Me too. You can see his brain ticking over, considering his positioning and the right pass etc.

I'd argue a few of his goals have had the x-factor!

Sometimes wonder what his returns would be with a solid run in the team... (Feel something similar regarding Mac Allister).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sometimes wonder what his returns would be with a solid run in the team... (Feel something similar regarding Mac Allister).

Yeah, I thought he was decent today but would be even better if he wasn't so rusty. Maybe he or El Jocko can come in for Lallana next week - either of them would add something different

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Would the goal have stood? 2 close offsides in that that would’ve been checked - sadly I watched the replay pleased we’d got a corner with 2 possible offsides in there - things like this make me hate VAR even more - if he’d scored, we may well wouldn’t have had the corner and they’d have had a free kick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What I love about Ali J is how he treats every minute as if it's a World Cup Final.

He's obviously missing the x factor which is why he's not Potter's first choice - but he's a great option off the bench as an impact sub.

Everyone looks relieved, at best.

Ali's just unwrapped an Evel Knievel Stunt Bike on Winterville morning.

[tweet]1332753121680953344[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I knew he'd start today. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can only assume GPott believes I haven't rushed to the defence of enough Albion players, this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here