Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Next season he'll be played to his strengths and you'll see a totally different player.

The bias toward playing Knockaert where he wants to be will be over, and rightly so. Wondergoal at Palace aside, Knockaert's had another unproductive season and the time to flog him to a Championship club is upon us. That's his level, that's where he's happy - let's sell, bank the profit and invest in a player of Premier League quality to replace him.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Next season he'll be played to his strengths and you'll see a totally different player.

The bias toward playing Knockaert where he wants to be will be over, and rightly so. Wondergoal at Palace aside, Knockaert's had another unproductive season and the time to flog him to a Championship club is upon us. That's his level, that's where he's happy - let's sell, bank the profit and invest in a player of Premier League quality to replace him.

Doubt it. He’s just not very good at this level. Get him out on loan to some European side be my preference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Your level is in a dark corner of Wetherspoons

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My mistake, he should've run rings around 98 point Premier league winning City.

Maybe not running rings round them, but, basic closing down, positional awareness, carrying a threat on the break, being brave on the ball, wanting the ball. The comparison I guess is what Knockeart managed on the other flank? Did you feel Jahanbakhsh was unfairly substituted on 67mins?

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Too slow and too big to be a winger. Big strong lad, play him down the middle.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Maybe not running rings round them, but, basic closing down, positional awareness, carrying a threat on the break, being brave on the ball, wanting the ball. The comparison I guess is what Knockeart managed on the other flank? Did you feel Jahanbakhsh was unfairly substituted on 67mins?

I thought Knockaert lost the ball to much in the first half, whereas as ALJ used it better. As for the sub I had less faith in Locadia and Andone doing anything of any worth against City at that point, especially as I presume he told AliJ to stick to the right to be an outlet, an outlet we never used. Don't get me wrong all 3 haven't been great transfers but you can see AliJ is technically prem level and has it in him to do well in a forward moving team. Well I see it anyway.

Let's agree to differ.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yawn. I can only say as I see it, and that’s how I see it. Remind me again of the official length of playing time an individual must have before anyone is allowed to pass comment on what they’ve seen?

Seemingly we'll get a good idea about who is and who isn't shitehouse, in 3 or 4 months time.

Those that stay will be staying because the new manager wants them and will have had a full preseason to assess ability and ideal position.

Id be amazed if all our current rejects make the grade, but by the same token i am expecting a new manager to get a better tune from those that stay.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I thought Knockaert lost the ball to much in the first half, whereas as ALJ used it better. As for the sub I had less faith in Locadia and Andone doing anything of any worth against City at that point, especially as I presume he told AliJ to stick to the right to be an outlet, an outlet we never used. Don't get me wrong all 3 haven't been great transfers but you can see AliJ is technically prem level and has it in him to do well in a forward moving team. Well I see it anyway.

Let's agree to differ.

Hope so. Time is very much going to tell. :thumbsup:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I thought he was Romanian but raised in Spain?

True and his Mrs is Columbian, the Romanian thing is my own assumption when I was told he and his family were feeling isolated in Brighton. My bad.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Still talking absolute tosh after all these years. You must deserve some kind of medal.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Astonishingly AJ was decent yesterday (compared to every other game he has played), Looked like he could be a footballer, and we got much worse when he went off. Just maybe a new start and he will have something about him next season...... just maybe!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
the hispanophone community in Brighton and Hove is reasonably big.

Big enough to warrant a Spanish bi-lingual school in Hove!

If they want to pop round mine for a curry and a few beers they're welcome but I've got tourist Spanish at best.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Astonishingly AJ was decent yesterday (compared to every other game he has played), Looked like he could be a footballer, and we got much worse when he went off. Just maybe a new start and he will have something about him next season...... just maybe!

Surely we won't have to put up with him for another year.
The thought of it is too depressing for words.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

He was average for seven minutes then disappeared - get rid - feel free to bounce this post next season:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here