Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I doubt if he will ever be a PL regular but he has been creating a lot of interest and providing entertainment under GP. Fantastic quality goals.

I think it’s about Potter really understanding his qualities and trying to fit him into certain formations or scenarios.

That inside right forward position really suits him; if we can find ways of getting him to pop there and shoot, we’re going to get some goals from him. There’ve been quite a few shots from distance against Chelsea & Newcastle where I was thinking ‘I wish it was Ali-J’s boot behind that effort’.

Used in the right way (mainly as an impact sub & cup games) I think we’ll see him get double figures this season, only 8 to go.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When those comments were posted he was playing atrociously. He’s obviously turned it around but the subsequent lack of game time backs up those comments. If he was great he’d have been playing and banging goals in but he wasn’t.

0 goals and 0 assists in his first season.

He's clearly a good technical player with an excellent finish, but that was apparent from his Dutch highlights reel. My issue has always been that he lacks the power and pace to create space and get involved at Premier League level. There are many Eredivisie teams who are #TeamsLike Preston and Pompey.

If he's settled more, bulked up or just been coached by Potter to find space better and work in our shape then hallelujah!

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm just glad that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] stayed loyal while absolutely everybody else wrote him off. Well done, guys :clap2:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I want you back - Jahan 5

Oh Ali, you only need 1 chance
To show you should be in the team
Oh darlin', I was blind to leave you out
(Leave you out, Ali)
But now since I've seen you it is on
(JAHANBAKHSH )
Oh I do now
(JAHANBAKHSH)
Ooh ooh baby
(JAHANBAKHSH )
Yeah yeah yeah yeah
(JAHANBAKHSH)
Na na na na

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
He scored great goals. He might score more goals but one thing I don’t think anyone would disagree with is that he seems such a nice bloke. Everything about him seems classy. I wish more were like him. And he speaks better English than the England captain.

Well said [emoji482]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm just glad that [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] stayed loyal while absolutely everybody else wrote him off. Well done, guys :clap2:

Not guilty M’Lud. I will dob in [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16159]Bold Seagull[/MENTION] [emoji23][emoji23]

78787cd2cc91e7639adbdbae61b1da24.jpg

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
When those comments were posted he was playing atrociously. He’s obviously turned it around but the subsequent lack of game time backs up those comments. If he was great he’d have been playing and banging goals in but he wasn’t.

I do give you points for your “JahanaTRASH” insult, which is at least amusing and original.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One of the lesser frustrations is we still don't know if Ali can do 'it' against a Premier League side.

He can do it against League 1
He can do it against Championship reserves.

Judging by the quite phenomenal pass to Trossard

He can do it against a cheating, lucky, shitty bunch of ref buying show pony's with an imbecile for a manager.

But we still don't know if he can do it against an actual Premier League side.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yep deserves a start now.

There was a point as well when we were shuffling the ball around the edge of their box and it was clear the tactic was to make space for Ali to shoot (unfortunately there were 3 United players ready to block).

But goes to show it was thought about to get him on the end of it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

teammelli

Jul 25, 2018
One of the lesser frustrations is we still don't know if Ali can do 'it' against a Premier League side.

He can do it against League 1
He can do it against Championship reserves.

Judging by the quite phenomenal pass to Trossard

He can do it against a cheating, lucky, shitty bunch of ref buying show pony's with an imbecile for a manager.

But we still don't know if he can do it against an actual Premier League side.

Agree. The pass to Trossard was wonderful, as was his assist cross to Solly.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very possibly his best stint in a league game for us.

Who would he start instead of?

No one - great isn't it?

Somewhat typical of Ali, he gets his shit together just as everybody else does.

The fella can't catch a break.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Very possibly his best stint in a league game for us.

Who would he start instead of?
Yeah I'd have him in place of Connolly. Then bring Connolly on to run at tired legs.

Obviously completely depends on the opposition though and I get why we wanted pace against United.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

PersianTactician

Sep 23, 2020
No one - great isn't it?

Somewhat typical of Ali, he gets his shit together just as everybody else does.

The fella can't catch a break.

to be honest, the forward line today just failed to finish, conolly was just terrible, didn't see him do anything special all game just like maupay. 2 headless chickens running around in circles. Big difference between good and average players is that the good ones actually look and have the ability to have spacial awareness which imo maupay lacked immensely. Sorry to say this but you need a finisher and not headless chickens. Maupay scored the penalty purely because the effort of lamptey. other than this he hasn't done anything special this season yet.

conolly is just running around trying to dive in the hope to get a penalty. obvious that it wasn't a penalty to begin with and the 2nd dive was just a disgrace. Trossard was doing nicely in the 1st half if i remember it correctly, begin of the 2nd half he wasn't doing anything special until jahanbakhsh came in who actually did create more than conolly and maupay in the whole game.

i must say march did great, altuough must focus on his finishing way more, the header that went in was kind of sketchy as well but its a goal anyway. great cross from AJ, great miss from trossard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here