Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
His future is dependant on fitting into Potters ‘no classic wingers’ system whereby he plays more centrally allowing the wing backs to use the width of the pitch. Has the potential to compete with Trossard for the ‘false 9’ role

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great bloke and a scorer of great goals!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
His future is dependant on fitting into Potters ‘no classic wingers’ system whereby he plays more centrally allowing the wing backs to use the width of the pitch. Has the potential to compete with Trossard for the ‘false 9’ role

We’ve been crying out for someone who can - or is even prepared to try to - lash one in from the edge of, or outside, the box........definitely being worked on as we now have Bissouma, Ali J, Alzate and Trossard all having a go with varying degrees of success. Even Stephens had a pop and hit the post last night. [emoji16][emoji16]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really? 2 prem goals and zero assists in 37 appearances.

Under Potter he has made only 3 premier league starts.

Once we sign a new striker it will be Alireza who drops further down the pecking order, and we just can't afford to have such an expensive asset not making the matchday squad.

Back in June it was reported that Ajax had been in contact and I suspect that's where he'll end up, probably on deadline day.

Why not just be happy that an Albion player has had a great game instead of looking to justify why your agenda against the player won’t be wrong. You are just gagging to say “I told you so” aren’t you? Quite sad imo, as an Albion fan you’d think you’d like to be proved wrong rather than right about a player wouldn’t you? :shrug:

I hope to be proved wrong about Solly March every time he plays and delighted I was against Chelsea. :smile:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
He is actually a bit of a headache for Potter , moments of sheer brilliance are fleeting amongst long periods of anonymity , which is exactly why he finds himself on the fringes of the first team squad , there seems to be no consistency whatsoever in his play , which is infuriating considering his obvious talent .

He is at a point in his Brighton career where it could go either way , I'm of the mind we stick with him but would completely get it if he was moved on .

These League cup games coming so soon will be a excellent barometer in his future with us , being a lovely chap isn't quite enough to warrant a shirt anymore , I hope he manages to hush up the doubters (myself included ) and keeps pushing for a start .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He's going nowhere.

His first goal and subsequent drop to the knees celebration was one of my all time favourite Albion moments.

Me too and what got underplayed understandably because of the celebration was the actual quality of that strike, wonderful technique. For those reasons I actually preferred it to the Chelsea goal.

He has obviously got real ability, a fantastic attitude and hopefully last night will give the confidence to make more of an impact now in the Premier League games.

His English is absolutely brilliant by the way, I'm fascinated by his accent!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Once we sign a new striker it will be Alireza who drops further down the pecking order, and we just can't afford to have such an expensive asset not making the matchday squad.

Back in June it was reported that Ajax had been in contact and I suspect that's where he'll end up, probably on deadline day.

So you’re judging him from the Hughton era.

As you say he’s hardly started under GP.

And who in our midfield was banging the goals in under Hughton? I guess I must have missed the epic goal haul from Solly / Propper / Stephens / Knocky?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He is actually a bit of a headache for Potter , moments of sheer brilliance are fleeting amongst long periods of anonymity , which is exactly why he finds himself on the fringes of the first team squad , there seems to be no consistency whatsoever in his play , which is infuriating considering his obvious talent .

He is at a point in his Brighton career where it could go either way , I'm of the mind we stick with him but would completely get it if he was moved on .

These League cup games coming so soon will be a excellent barometer in his future with us , being a lovely chap isn't quite enough to warrant a shirt anymore , I hope he manages to hush up the doubters (myself included ) and keeps pushing for a start .

If you listen to Potter’s post-match comments they’re pretty positive about how he’s pushing - added to Ali’s own remarks I’m optimistic we’re going to see the best of him this season. There’s a technically very good footballer in there......

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Why not just be happy that an Albion player has had a great game instead of looking to justify why your agenda against the player won’t be wrong. You are just gagging to say “I told you so” aren’t you? Quite sad imo, as an Albion fan you’d think you’d like to be proved wrong rather than right about a player wouldn’t you? :shrug:

I hope to be proved wrong about Solly March every time he plays and delighted I was against Chelsea. :smile:

Excuse me?

Having an opinion on a player on a fans forum is not the same as having an agenda.

I know you hope he will come good and I would honestly be delighted if you are proved right as it would mean we are having success on the pitch.

All I've done is look at the evidence and offer my reading of the situation.

Just because you dont agree doesn't give you the right to cast aspersions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We’ve been crying out for someone who can - or is even prepared to try to - lash one in from the edge of, or outside, the box........definitely being worked on as we now have Bissouma, Ali J, Alzate and Trossard all having a go with varying degrees of success. Even Stephens had a pop and hit the post last night. [emoji16][emoji16]
...... as did Gyokeres last night - and his were on target and forced the keeper into making saves!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lip-reading Potter after Alireza scored that goal against Portsmouth and Potter says "that's unbelievable" while shaking his head and smiling.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you listen to Potter’s post-match comments they’re pretty positive about how he’s pushing...

Ali J had a great game, capped with a fine goal, and let's hope it's a springboard for him to progress beyond the cameos we've seen to date.

However, regardless of how Ali J performed, Graham Potter is not the kind of man who is going to come out with anything other than positives when asked about a player on live TV. If pressed, Potter would be able to make Leon Best sound like a promising player on the verge of great things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ali J had a great game, capped with a fine goal, and let's hope it's a springboard for him to progress beyond the cameos we've seen to date.

However, regardless of how Ali J performed, Graham Potter is not the kind of man who is going to come out with anything other than positives when asked about a player on live TV. If pressed, Potter would be able to make Leon Best sound like a promising player on the verge of great things.

I know but it was more the combination of both their pieces.....and Ali clearly looking pretty happy throughout (not always been the case). Interesting to see if he is given a chance, who makes way and how he's used..............

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

This, looked good against a Lge1 club - say no more, i hope we get something back for him or he's loaned out

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lip-reading Potter after Alireza scored that goal against Portsmouth and Potter says "that's unbelievable" while shaking his head and smiling.

I've watched it and I reckon he said, "Tch! Miss-hit cross."

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Of those 37 how many were starts?

TBH, I don’t know why we got him in the first place as it’s clear he wasn’t a CH style of player. He wasn’t played to his strengths and I suspect that this has gone a long way to explaining his lack of form. Who would want to be a flair player in a CH team in the premier league?

He is clearly capable but as clearly not consistent enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought it was his best performance for us. The worry is of course that it came against L1 opposition, he needs to show that level of contribution against better players. He clearly has ability but consistency is the issue. He is anonymous in too many games in the PL.

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
Thought it was his best performance for us. The worry is of course that it came against L1 opposition, he needs to show that level of contribution against better players. He clearly has ability but consistency is the issue. He is anonymous in too many games in the PL.

How can he be consistent if he doesn't get consistent playing time?

Can't expect a player to be consistent if he's getting random 15 minutes of playing time and excluded from the matchday squad half of the time.

Give him at least 5 EPL starts in a row and I'm sure he will play more consistently.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I've watched it and I reckon he said, "Tch! Miss-hit cross."

Exactly what the commentators said when he nearly chipped into the far top corner from the edge of the box early in the game. Not so sure myself, shame they didn’t ask him, it would have been another goal of the season contender if it’d gone in.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Excuse me?

Having an opinion on a player on a fans forum is not the same as having an agenda.

I know you hope he will come good and I would honestly be delighted if you are proved right as it would mean we are having success on the pitch.

All I've done is look at the evidence and offer my reading of the situation.

Just because you dont agree doesn't give you the right to cast aspersions.

So you think he’s been given a run of games under Potter to get up to speed? I don’t and I confess it does make me scratch my head. Maybe he is shit and I just can’t see it.

I wish he had been given the same number of chances as Solly March and Mooy got last season. Having said that GP seems to know exactly what he’s doing. I am genuinely a bit confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here