Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
According to 5live Wolves are signing 3 players this week:

1. Equador striker Campana.
2. CL winger Podence for £21m.
3. Striker Oliveira for £6m.

In the window where no one’s available, apparently,

On a side note Bloom has tried to bring in the best men to find the best players and failed. When you compare our signings to those scumbags up the road i know who i rather choose.
We largely go overseas for cheap imports and take risks on signing Championship players hoping they cut it.
Palace more often than not sign players from the Premier league including loan Premier league players. Even when they are not spending they are picking up good free transfers from the Prem.
People need to realise they are streets ahead when it comes to signing players. We have wasted so much on shitty gambles while our wages continue to rise.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just seen what looked like a Lamborghini 4x4 (it was massive) by Lancing's Grinstead Lane which is just a 1/4 mile from Training Centre. This could be a football agent who looked well dressed in his 40s. I could not see who was in passenger seat though. Could be something . . . or nothing. That's if football agents drive Lamborghinis.

That is a classic of the transfer window genre, if I may say. Just the right amount of tantalizing morsels. Bravo.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
On a side note Bloom has tried to bring in the best men to find the best players and failed. When you compare our signings to those scumbags up the road i know who i rather choose.
We largely go overseas for cheap imports and take risks on signing Championship players hoping they cut it.
Palace more often than not sign players from the Premier league including loan Premier league players. Even when they are not spending they are picking up good free transfers from the Prem.
People need to realise they are streets ahead when it comes to signing players. We have wasted so much on shitty gambles while our wages continue to rise.
They’ve had their fair share of expensive flops too though, but they do use the loan market well and aren’t afraid to get a veteran like Cahill.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

So who do you think should go? Bloom, or the fools he's brought in?

Or could it be that you are simply over-nuancing the actualité? ???

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Not really a fair comparison when they've been given a blank cheque by their multi-billionaire owners and have a super-agent hand-picking the players he represents for them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

NSC would meltdown if we signed #3 - wasn't bad at Forest but all downhill since and now average Championship level at best.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We've loaned Soufyan Ahannach to Go Ahead Eagles (best club in the world) for six months

Soufyan-Ahannach-1-verkleind-768x512.jpg

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
They’ve had their fair share of expensive flops too though, but they do use the loan market well and aren’t afraid to get a veteran like Cahill.

According to the latest accounts from the 17/18 season, Palace had the 8th highest wage bill in the league.

Tosun has made a good start but £100,000 a week is a lot for a guy who got 10 goals in 51 games for Everton (9/44 in the league).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
According to the latest accounts from the 17/18 season, Palace had the 8th highest wage bill in the league.

Where have they finished the last four or five seasons ? Where are they in the league now ?

Us ?

Scraped relegation twice with what looks like relegation confirmed this season. I know who has made a better go of it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Tosun has made a good start but £100,000 a week is a lot for a guy who got 10 goals in 51 games for Everton (9/44 in the league).

I see you added a bit more.

100k is nothing for a Premier league league player.Especially if he scores and moves them up a place at the end of the season bringing in an extra 2 million.

You could always have AJ and Webster both on very long contracts who i would guess would be on 100k between them.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Where have they finished the last four or five seasons ? Where are they in the league now ?

Us ?

Scraped relegation twice with what looks like relegation confirmed this season. I know who has made a better go of it.

Relegation confirmed? Don't be such a drama queen. We haven't even been in the bottom 3 since August 2017.

Just checked the table, Palace are 5 points above us. Hardly an insurmountable gap.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I see you added a bit more.

100k is nothing for a Premier league league player.Especially if he scores and moves them up a place at the end of the season bringing in an extra 2 million.

You could always have AJ and Webster both on very long contracts who i would guess would be on 100k between them.

What about the other 5 players Palace have on 100k or more?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Us ?

Nice to see you as positive as usual, :clap::banana::wave:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nice to see you as positive as usual, :clap::banana::wave:

Or just putting the deluded straight on here ? You wait until tomorrow when we don't beat Bournemouth!

I'll pm this post again for a quick refresh :clap2:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have no greater insight than anyone else, but it seems obvious to me that our strategy includes two key aspects:
1. Develop the infrastructure (both physical and personnel);
2. Ensure there is plenty of downside mitigation, should we get relegated.
Neither of these seems to be part of the Palace game-plan. At some stage, both may come back to bite them - but (frustratingly!), it seems to be working for them so far.
Personally, I’m VERY happy that our leaders have a long-term vision, and are putting in place all the building blocks to deliver it.
When a club comes so close to oblivion, and spends 20+ years just trying to stabilise in League 1, the process of becoming a fixture in the Premier League is hugely demanding. And getting tougher every year. The upwards trajectory from that afternoon in Hereford to Premier League regular was never going to be linear. This season MAY end in relegation, but a lot has been done to put in place the right people, structures, etc, for a speedy return.

I’m not saying that Bloom and co have been planning for relegation, but I think we are much better placed now to come back stronger, if we do go down. I’m not sure we had nearly as much in place 12 months ago.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have no greater insight than anyone else, but it seems obvious to me that our strategy includes two key aspects:
1. Develop the infrastructure (both physical and personnel);
2. Ensure there is plenty of downside mitigation, should we get relegated.
Neither of these seems to be part of the Palace game-plan. At some stage, both may come back to bite them - but (frustratingly!), it seems to be working for them so far.
Personally, I’m VERY happy that our leaders have a long-term vision, and are putting in place all the building blocks to deliver it.
When a club comes so close to oblivion, and spends 20+ years just trying to stabilise in League 1, the process of becoming a fixture in the Premier League is hugely demanding. And getting tougher every year. The upwards trajectory from that afternoon in Hereford to Premier League regular was never going to be linear. This season MAY end in relegation, but a lot has been done to put in place the right people, structures, etc, for a speedy return.

I’m not saying that Bloom and co have been planning for relegation, but I think we are much better placed now to come back stronger, if we do go down. I’m not sure we had nearly as much in place 12 months ago.
I get what you’re saying, you do raise some valid points, but surely we’d better off strengthening accordingly whilst we’re actually in the Premier League rather than falling into the trap of assuming promotion from the Championship is easier than it actually is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here