Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
We will probably get him in on loan after coming back from injury and play him on the left wing, he will get slaughtered for not being as good as he used to be.

Then he starts getting back to full fitness and looking good until either A - goes back to Burnley and scores aload of goals or B - gets bought by Middlesborough and scores loads of goals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Fairy Nuff... I'm hoping (probably in vain) for better TBH...

I will be staggered if we get someone better, he must be a 2 million pound player now? I know we spent that on Baldock last season but he's certainly not proved to be any better, in fact he's turned into a sick note. :down:

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I will be staggered if we get someone better, he must be a 2 million pound player now? I know we spent that on Baldock last season but he's certainly not proved to be any better, in fact he's turned into a sick note. :down:

On that basis Barnes is also a sick note. Plus the amount of games he missed due to suspension, even when he is fit he still has periods of time when he cant play. I don't miss Barnes at all. I never berated him, I just never understood why some fans rated him so highly.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

May I remind you we bought Leo (a far, far better player) for £2M. Oh, and I'd be amazed if the 'amazing' Ash was worth £2M but, then again, football has gone made...

Jan 10, 2014
Like I've said before (not just on here) Barnes is a very limited footballer skill wise. He has to graft, be niggly and get about the opposition like a dog with a bone .

If you're a limited club with limited options then Barnes is the type of player that you need about the place. The only thing that I would want to change about him is the way he's always ranting at the ref (sometimes for good reason but not always).

When he's played in the middle and he's on top of his game he's a nuisance for even some of the better defenders of the Premier League. And he's got a bloody good shot on him.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Ashley Barnes: Burnley striker to miss most of next season

Burnley striker Ashley Barnes will miss most of next season because he needs an operation on damaged knee ligaments.
Barnes, 25, suffered the injury during the relegated side's 1-0 Premier League win over Aston Villa in their final game of the campaign.
Clarets boss Sean Dyche backed the forward, who scored five league goals this season, to overcome the setback.
"We know what a tough lad he is and he will be back on the road to recovery as soon as possible," Dyche said.
Barnes was the fourth Burnley player to suffer the blow in 14 months, following striker Sam Vokes, defender Kevin Long and midfielder Dean Marney.
Dyche added: "To have four cruciate injuries, you just can't believe it. It's an incredible misfortune."

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I did think Burnley had the potential to bounce straight back but their squad is beginning to look a bit depleted now,

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I did think Burnley had the potential to bounce straight back but their squad is beginning to look a bit depleted now,

Think you could well be right - Ings gone, Barnes to miss probably the whole of next season and Trippier 99% to be sold, Dyche will have some big holes to fill in his starting XI.

We definitely need two strikers but the only decent players we've been linked with so far are midfielders Leon Britton (aged 32) and Dean Whitehead (33).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think you could well be right - Ings gone, Barnes to miss probably the whole of next season and Trippier 99% to be sold, Dyche will have some big holes to fill in his starting XI.

We definitely need two strikers but the only decent players we've been linked with so far are midfielders Leon Britton (aged 32) and Dean Whitehead (33).

Leon Best is your man, make sure you outbid us on him :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here