Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Chant' for Gardener on Saturday

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate this is littered with danger and could easily back fire, but nevertheless a full stadium cry of:-

SSSHHHHOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT, followed by raucous laughter and finger pointing when the inevitable happens, would be funny.

As said I realise it will only be funny for a few seconds, until the ball crashes into the top corner.
It might be enjoyable for a couple of shots until he starts passing to Lansbury, at which point see above.

But just imagine GG is such an egotistic we convince him to shoot all game, 'just to show us'.
You've got to admit that would be amusing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
What price is Gardner for first goal scorer?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nothing from me. In fact i would probably clap him.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Yep. Many may slag him of on here but for me he was always trying, will get a polite round of applause from me

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Doesn't he still have the same number of league goals for us as Baldock? And 1 more than CMS?

Ditto. No problem with Gardner at all.
If the answer is 2, I seem to remember both coming from shots taken close to the penalty spot.
Sadly though they seemed to empower him to shoot even more from 25 yards, for which he was completely shitehouse.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep. Many may slag him of on here but for me he was always trying, will get a polite round of applause from me

I'm pretty much 100% the opposite. He get no applause from me, because so far as was evident to me he really wasn't TRYING whilst here. Gary Gardner did not give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Chant for gardener?

Aren't they called groundsmen?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I too didn't understand the flak Gardner got, the whole team was a disaster area when he was here, fully expect him to score and do it within 30 mins, something Forest haven't managed in a League game since September. Gardner was the first scapegoat of the season but has passed the mantle on to JFC now.

I think we'd be better off just leaving him alone, not winding him up. Murray and Dobbie anyone?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm pretty much 100% the opposite. He get no applause from me, because so far as was evident to me he really wasn't TRYING whilst here. Gary Gardner did not give two shits about the fortunes of Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

Really.. i think its easy to confuse, not playing very well, with not trying or not caring.... ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Really.. i think its easy to confuse, not playing very well, with not trying or not caring.... ?

Nope. Gardner was interested in his own success, over ours. That's why he'd constantly shoot (mostly badly) from distance, on regular occasions, with team mates better placed. One potential Gary Gardner worldy was worth a lot more in Gary's mind than three Albion tap ins. Didn't care.

And often didn't try, either. Tracking back? That's the work of club employees, not Premiership STARS gracing us with their presence.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He will score we can make a small fortune on that FACT.

I'm not basing this on whether he 'tried' or not, as [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION] says the start of the season was a clusterf**k, for which many, many people from Tony down need to hold their hands up for.

My problem was GG inherent belief that he was going to score from 25 yards, or a free kick.

So many times we'd be ramping up some pressure and GG would then hoof the ball halfway up the North stand.

I'd love to know just how many shots, on and off target Gardener took in his time here.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Nothing from me. In fact i would probably clap him.

Nope. Gardner was interested in his own success, over ours. That's why he'd constantly shoot (mostly badly) from distance, on regular occasions, with team mates better placed. One potential Gary Gardner worldy was worth a lot more in Gary's mind than three Albion tap ins. Didn't care.

And often didn't try, either. Tracking back? That's the work of club employees, not Premiership STARS gracing us with their presence.

The long range shooting you may have a point on, but how do we know that wasn't Sami's instruction? We hardly had the players in position to score tap ins so maybe he was told our best bet was from range.

Not tracking back though I do disagree, he would run up and down the pitch as much as anyone. Under Hughton we would have seen a much better player.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The long range shooting you may have a point on, but how do we know that wasn't Sami's instruction? .
The fact he's still doing it at Forest while playing next to Lansbury is somewhat telling.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not tracking back though I do disagree, he would run up and down the pitch as much as anyone.

I've neither the time or inclination to sit and think of examples, but just for one, go and watch the goal we conceded away to Huddersfield. Then come back and let tell me Gardner gave a shit.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I've neither the time or inclination to sit and think of examples, but just for one, go and watch the goal we conceded away to Huddersfield. Then come back and let tell me Gardner gave a shit.

We could find dozens of examples of pretty much all our players not giving a shit under Hyypia.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Instead of winding up old players who didnt do too bad for the club.

Why dont you concentrate on getting of Dougie Freedmans back, who totally deserves it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He missed that close range open goal at Bournemouth and gave the ball away far too often, sometimes leading to the opposition scoring.

Shouting shoot when he has the ball is just a bit of playful fun, as long as he doesn't score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here