Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
has harry been hanging out of his range rover window yet?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd be more than willing to give him a chance, considering that Wayne Bridge and Matthew Upson were both considered past it before we got them here

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Question is would you rather SWP or JFC?

Give him a chance if the wages are right. happily see him follow in the footsteps of Bridge and Upson.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
A defender can get away with age more by positioning skills and reading the game (Bridge/Upson). A once speedy one trick winger might not be so effective so it's a no from me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
SWP IN, McCourt OUT.

Looks a good move, if we can afford it.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Obviously some truth in this, especially as a tweet from Naylor suggested a wide man.

Would be a welcome addition if we could get him. He'll bring experience and quality.

All about the money I guess.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Apparently unlikely to happen if you believe Naylor

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m3 minutes ago
Re: reports linking #bhafc with Shaun Wright-Phillips. Source close to player claims there has been interest, but not expected to happen.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m3 minutes ago
Re: reports linking #bhafc with Shaun Wright-Phillips. Source close to player claims there has been interest, but not expected to happen.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think this story might be true. Ian Wright was extremely impressed by BHAFC when he visited with BT sports v Arsenal. It wouldn't suprise me if the rumour comes more from the SWP camp than the club. But if we can get him in a cheap loan deal. Great.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Read an Interview where SWP fell out with Harry recently, as he asked him what he can do to improve to get a chance in the first team and Harry told him nothing and that he should go out on loan.

SWP Wasnt happy with this and said no he wants to stay and fight for a place in the team as he believes he is good enough.

If he does come SWP will have done a huge U-Turn, I dont think money will be the question, it will be down to SWP giving up on making QPR's first team.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Shows we are still looking at a wide man option.
Rednapp confirmed SWP had turned down all previous loan requests this season so see no reason why he would change his mind today.
Will Norwich decide to let Elliot Bennett go now they have bid £4m for Graham Dorrans?
I know he is not a wide man but that is some money to splash out and they may need/want a reduction in wages..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here