Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can ANYONE explain the removal of PRINT AT HOME option...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
(and I have work in IT for nearly 30 years!)

"Please note that owing to demand, the print at home function is no longer available for future Arsenal purchases, and fans must select either postal delivery or collection at the Amex when completing their transaction. Supporters are strongly recommended to opt for postal delivery, as collection is expected to be busy on matchday."

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-arsenal-tickets-season-ticket-holders-2198182.aspx

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
erm... try this: they've found a cock up with the tickets being transfered and they want to limit the impact of people with problems on match day.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ummm...."Due to the last round of redundancies, we no longer have enough staff to man the hamster wheel to power that computer thingie in the corner"??

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
It is hard to fathom.

Bozza - can you find out? It seems quite ridiculous.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The only thing I can think of as the club realising it was missing out on revenue? That's not a sleight at the club – good luck to them for boosting revenues – but it's the only possible reason I can think of why something like that would be withdrawn.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The only thing I can think of as the club realising it was missing out on revenue? That's not a sleight at the club – good luck to them for boosting revenues – but it's the only possible reason I can think of why something like that would be withdrawn.

I think they covered the 'revenue' issue with the top dollar pricing.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
(and I have work in IT for nearly 30 years!)

"Please note that owing to demand, the print at home function is no longer available for future Arsenal purchases, and fans must select either postal delivery or collection at the Amex when completing their transaction. Supporters are strongly recommended to opt for postal delivery, as collection is expected to be busy on matchday."

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/brighton-hove-albion-arsenal-tickets-season-ticket-holders-2198182.aspx

The Club have over-used their pdf license, and can't afford to renew?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sold out of barcodes? barbcode_3.jpg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
How odd, the print at home option was surely there to minimise disruption within the ticket office? Unfortunatly due to Barber and his ways all i can see is it being money based.

Glad i booked my ticket when i did all seems a bit of a shambles.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I bet its to do with bookings fees and loss of revenue.
I would imagine 75-80% of people would have clicked on 'print at home' function. Most people will have a printer at work & home they'll be able to use.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I simply REFUSE to be believe it is a financial decision... but can't begin to work out the issue with preparing a few thousand PDFs and emails, that would cripple a system in this way... such that physical printing, stuffing envelopes and snail mail would seem like a better idea... and with TWELVE days to go before the match??

#BEFUDDLED

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here