Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** Official Train Commuters Discussion Thread ****

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time one of these was started to keep all information up to date plus the tales of torturous commuting inflicted on us.

Have a read of this on Southern Railway website tonight and take note if an Uckfield commuter as it looks like SR has given up on diesel train maintenance.

http://www.southernrailway.com

Uckfield - We regret that due to an unusual number of diesel units under repair, we will have to cancel the following Uckfield line train services tomorrow, Monday morning;
05:18 and 08:04 Uckfield to London Bridge
06:38 London Bridge to Uckfield
In addition the 07:08 Uckfield to London Bridge train service will be formed of less coaches than normal tomorrow and will therefore be very busy en-route into London.
A replacement bus has been arranged to operate from Crowborough to Haywards Heath tomorrow morning departing Crowborough at 05:00, Buxted at 05:10 and Uckfield at 05:20, further replacement buses will depart Edenbridge Town at 05:47 and at 08:38 serving Oxted only to help avoid severe overcrowding on the trains which are running.
Uckfield line tickets will also be accepted from East Grinstead, Haywards Heath and Three Bridges tomorrow morning and on southeastern train services from Tunbridge Wells to London Charing Cross, note that southeastern are operating a reduced train service at London Bridge from Sunday 11th Janaury.
Ashford to Hastings - We regret that due to an unusual number of diesel units under repair, we will also have to cancel the following Marshlink train services tomorrow, Monday morning;
05:46 Hastings to Ashford Intl, 07:06 and 08:14 Rye to Ashford Intl
06:35 and 07:41 Ashford Intl to Rye and 08:53 Ashford Intl to Hastings
A non-stop shuttle bus will supplement the trains which are running between Ashford and Rye only from approximately 06:15 until 09:00.
We are very sorry for the disruption to Uckfield and Marshlink line train services tomorrow this is as a result of a train breaking down at Uckfield today (Sunday) which we have been unable to return to the depot because of a line closure due to planned work between Oxted and South Croydon and because of a fault with a train in the depot for which we are awaiting parts.
London Bridge - Southern and Network Rail apologise for the disruption and delays at London Bridge recently.
The new track layout on the approach to the station has meant that so far, it has been a challenge to deliver the new timetable. We have reviewed this and made some changes to a small number of evening peak services to help us to deliver an improved service for you.
These include the withdrawal of the 16.36, 17.06, 17.38, 18.06 & 18.36 London Bridge to West Croydon services. Passengers requiring Anerley and Penge West should travel to New Cross Gate and change for London Overground services. Alternatively, tickets will be accepted on London Underground between London Bridge and Canada Water for a change to London Overground services.
As a result of the above changes the 17.12, 17.42 and 18.13 West Croydon to London Bridge services are also withdrawn.
Additionally, in order to ease congestion on the approach to London Bridge the 17.51 Tattenham Corner to London Bridge service will terminate at Purley and instead attach to the re-timed 18.09 Caterham to London Bridge service. The 18.09 Caterham to London Bridge train will depart four minutes earlier than scheduled from Caterham (18.05), Whyteleafe South (18.08), Whyteleafe (18.10) and Kenley (18.13) then attach at Purley to the 17.51 Tattenham Corner train, the combined train will then run through to London Bridge where it is scheduled to arrive at 19.03.
These arrangements will remain in place between Monday 12th and Friday 16th January 2015.
We continue to monitor the service at London Bridge and assess if any long term changes to train services are required.
To help with passenger flow at London Bridge, extra information screens have been installed to allow the concourse to be used more evenly.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Driving past Waterhall @ 4 today there were still half a dozen 50 ton bits of metal & dozens of donkey jackets doing 'engineering work'...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
First London Bridge attempt of the New Year for me tomorrow and I really can not wait.

Very best of luck, catching the 07:12 to Vic from Shoreham

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This caught my eye:

it has been a challenge to deliver the new timetable. We have reviewed this and made some changes to a small number of evening peak services to help us to deliver an improved service for you.
These include the withdrawal of the 16.36, 17.06, 17.38, 18.06 & 18.36 London Bridge to West Croydon services.

Hahaha! You've got to admire their chutzpah. No trains = no delays. Genius.

*Awaits the borefest comment referencing Germany.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm just waiting for the snow to come. First sign of a snowflake down here and I WFH.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I'm also making my first London commute of the year tomorrow. Fortunately was unable to make last weeks meeting as missed the chaos.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Timed a two week work trip abroad to miss the first two weeks of Jan but dreading getting back.......we're facing 3-4 years of misery on the London Bridge line.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure it will all be fine tomorrow.

Who am I kidding, it'll be carnage.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I like this bit..

The new track layout on the approach to the station has meant that so far, it has been a challenge to deliver the new timetable. We have reviewed this and made some changes to a small number of evening peak services to help us to deliver an improved service for you.
These include the withdrawal of the 16.36, 17.06, 17.38, 18.06 & 18.36 London Bridge to West Croydon services.

Maybe they could deliver a 100% improved service by cancelling the rest of the trains.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No real dramas on the Worthing-ish train to London Bridge that gets in around 8:10. Probably a few minutes late, but nothing worth worrying about.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No real dramas on the Worthing-ish train to London Bridge that gets in around 8:10. Probably a few minutes late, but nothing worth worrying about.

There's a storm coming - can you feel it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My train from Billingshurst was on time, the attachment at Horsham seemed to go according to plan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll tempt fate for the return journey, but that was fairly painless this morning. Still had the usual crawl through Three Bridges which meant I had no time to get my Gatwick coffee. The First Great Western to Dorking was amazingly on time.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I've been commuting from Essex(innit) into Fenchurch street for a couple weeks while I'm over hear avoiding the s**t winter and it's not been that bad.
Trains on the C2C line are clean and on time and you get a seat. £320 a month for the pleasure which is a little hard to swallow but not the most expensive line.
The worst part of my commute is having to walk around the back of Tower Hill in the rain this morning while they are improving the front entrance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here