Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading will get 1st choice as they are being proactive!

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Unlike us Reading has realised they have not reached their potential under their current manager and taken the necessary action.....

I bet they snap up Pulis, leaving us 2nd best again because no one up top can appear to make a decision......if our strap line is "one club one ambition" then that's a bold statement that needs backing up with bold decisions !!!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hmm. Reading are broke and have, in my view, made a kneejerk reaction to a terrible defeat.
We're a far, far better prospect for any unemployed manager. Or we should be, at any rate.

Reading's potential will lead them back to the bottom two divisions. So, yeah, I suppose they haven't reached it just yet.
And Nadkins will get a better job. But not here. No ta.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Hmm. Reading are broke and have, in my view, made a kneejerk reaction to a terrible defeat.
We're a far, far better prospect for any unemployed manager. Or we should be, at any rate.

Reading's potential will lead them back to the bottom two divisions. So, yeah, I suppose they haven't reached it just yet.
And Nadkins will get a better job. But not here. No ta.
1 Are Reading broke? 2 If so. why are they broke? 3 What about their parachute payments people go on about? 4 Is there a danger Brighton could go the same way if they emulate what Reading did?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
1 Are Reading broke? 2 If so. why are they broke? 3 What about their parachute payments people go on about? 4 Is there a danger Brighton could go the same way if they emulate what Reading did?

Wasn't the Thai who bought them one of those Portsmouth-style 'billionaires' who actually has no money? ???

Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Like they got their first choice when Adkins joined them? Oh no, cos that was Gus, and he stayed with us.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

1 Yes.
2 Because their Chairman has run out of cash/the will to spend it and the various takeovers fell through
3 I don't know. Ask Reading fans. They hardly spent any money whilst in the Prem. Perhaps JM has recouped some of his investment.
4 There's a danger that any club could. Or not. Like us, they're a lower league club historically and their hardcore support is pretty small, padded out with lots of plastics. Also a parallel you could draw to us.
If TB stopped footing the bill, we'd slide back from whence we came. You could argue that's the way it's heading even with his backing.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We are now an employment basket-case, managers at the top level are no longer queueing up to join the Bloom bus.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
1 Yes.
2 Because their Chairman has run out of cash/the will to spend it and the various takeovers fell through
3 I don't know. Ask Reading fans. They hardly spent any money whilst in the Prem. Perhaps JM has recouped some of his investment.
4 There's a danger that any club could. Or not. Like us, they're a lower league club historically and their hardcore support is pretty small, padded out with lots of plastics. Also a parallel you could draw to us.
If TB stopped footing the bill, we'd slide back from whence we came. You could argue that's the way it's heading even with his backing.
Thanks. Call me an old fart but these players wages seem ridiculous, particularly given mosts clubs simply can't afford to pay them anyway.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hey! You cheeky young rascal! Cov, Pompey, Hereford, Leeds, Reading

Reading were paying Royston Drenthe upwards of £20k a week last year to strut about not looking arsed (sound familiar?). They deserve what they get.
And as for Leeds and Pompey - Mad owners, idiotic fans.
Cov and Hereford I feel a little sorry for.
Cardiff and Fleetwood are administrations in the making. Crawley can't compete and will slide back out of the league.

Hope it's QPR next. Seeing as 'Arry's still in charge, that seems a safe bet.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Unlike us Reading has realised they have not reached their potential under their current manager and taken the necessary action.....

I bet they snap up Pulis, leaving us 2nd best again because no one up top can appear to make a decision......if our strap line is "one club one ambition" then that's a bold statement that needs backing up with bold decisions !!!

i bet thy don't get Pulis

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Reading were paying Royston Drenthe upwards of £20k a week last year to strut about not looking arsed (sound familiar?). They deserve what they get.
And as for Leeds and Pompey - Mad owners, idiotic fans.
Cov and Hereford I feel a little sorry for.
Cardiff and Fleetwood are administrations in the making. Crawley can't compete and will slide back out of the league.

Hope it's QPR next. Seeing as 'Arry's still in charge, that seems a safe bet.
and paying those type of wages it's difficult to feel any sympathy

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We are now an employment basket-case, managers at the top level are no longer queueing up to join the Bloom bus.

This unfortunately is, I suspect, increasingly going to be the case despite the stadium and training facilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here