Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The players we've released / sold

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Despite many people being upset at the time, lots of players we let go seem to have struggled since they left. I'm obviously not talking about the 'Prem' boys!

Does this mean that DB (who I have criticised before) made absolutely the correct decision in releasing / selling them?

By struggled, I mean find another Championship level club. I noticed El-Abd was only on the bench today for Brizzle.

Off the top of my head....

Hoskins
El-Abd
Orlandi
Spanish Dave
PIG

Any others?...

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who? DB, NK, or both?
In for a penny :lol:

No, clearly NK needs his toes toasted if he thinking he can stick around these parts, with that opinion.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
PIG is the really interesting one to me. He seemingly fell out with Fergie at Man United and there seem to have been personality issues with us. I am surprised he has not found another club, I wonder what the future holds for him.

He is a perfectly decent goalkeeper for the Championship but certainly no more than that. He lived in fantasy land if he felt the Premiership was for him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The big successes have been the AFCB duo of Cook and Elphick who were probably before DB time. Elliott Bennett has been a success but again probably before DB. The last 3 big money sales are all work in progress but Ulloa looks as if he will do well.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I was gutted we let Cook go, whenever I saw him he looked real class. I'm glad for him he has cracked on, but a central defence of him and Dunk is mouthwatering

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
PIG is the really interesting one to me. He seemingly fell out with Fergie at Man United and there seem to have been personality issues with us. I am surprised he has not found another club, I wonder what the future holds for him.

He is a perfectly decent goalkeeper for the Championship but certainly no more than that. He lived in fantasy land if he felt the Premiership was for him.

Agree with all this. Great shot stopper and positionally, but distribution (and probably communication with other defenders/teammates) was dire.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Strange about Orlandi and SD because both can get you goals in this division.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
From those we released in May. I'm most gutted about Orlandi and Kuzsczak, I think both could still add something to our current squad and both could play regularly for us

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land

Caused unrest in both dressing rooms

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here