Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest CEO makes FFP a priority

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If the rules aren't enforced what's to stop teams following them taking the league to court ? Under what basis I have no idea... A gain of income ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry didnt get the impression he was talking of buying another club in this country which is not allowed. To get over this could TB brother buy a club with TB money

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks to the OP for link. Reading that blokes comments makes me extremely irritated. He's obviously saying "we are not going to comply with FFP because it doesn't suit us and we want to buy our way into the PL...and there's enough gaps in the rules for slippery old me to get through"

Why is it that Barber is so clear on what is and what isn't allowed when this shyster is claiming there is no clarity whatsoever? It is staggering that posters on NSC who have spent a bit of time looking at the regulations are able to explain clearly to us non financial types what is kosher when chief executive officers of clubs like Watford and Forest with teams of accountants and lawyers can't get to grips with it?

They hold be made to sign a contract which says " I have read and understood all of the FFP rules...if my club is found to be in breach I should be held personally liable"

Jesus wept.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think he is trying to stir up dissent from any other clubs likely to fail the FFP rules. If there are a handful or more clubs making individual losses in excess of £8M in 2013/2014 and facing an embargo they are not going to sit back and accept it. They will mount a collective legal challenge as the goalposts have already been moved once because the FL got screwed over by the EPL telling them what they can or cannot do with collecting fines from non compliant clubs gaining promotion.

Dec 29, 2011
But those are effectively different trading companies. They all have their own budgets, profit and loss etc. The OP was suggesting Forest buy a club and one in this country was the implication. If that were the case ( and I don't think the League would allow it ) then Forest would own the club - let's say they buy Whitehawk. Now Whitehawk would be expected to buy players of the quality Forest needed - how would they fund it ? If Forest fund it then it would have to be in their accounts. If they don't then that little club is going to go bust

No, basically the owner of Forest would buy another club. Forest wouldn't be involved at all. It'd be like Bloom buying Shoreham FC, signing Suarez and Rooney, and then immediately loaning them to Brighton. Shoreham would have huge loses, but would be funded by Bloom. As Shoreham are a non-league side they don't have to comply with FFP. Seems to work in my books, obviously if there is an issue with owning two clubs in the same football pyramid you can just buy a small french non-league club and do the same.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
obviously if there is an issue with owning two clubs in the same football pyramid you can just buy a small french non-league club and do the same.[/QUOTE]

Isnt that what the owner of Charlton has done with low level club he owns in Hungary.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Sorry didnt get the impression he was talking of buying another club in this country which is not allowed. To get over this could TB brother buy a club with TB money
We might as well buy Groningen with the amount of players we are linked with from there.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
When I read the opening title, I wondered what FFP had to do with national parks in Hampshire

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It seems this FFP has been around for ages. Has any team been fined/transfer enbargo inforced yet? If not why not?

I can't believe there is anyone on this forum who still doesn't know about the timeframe for sanctions. It has been done to death.

Barcelona cant sign no one until next summer.

But doesn't that relate to transfer irregularities relating to signing of young players?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
FFP will either be beaten in court or just die a natural death as too many will be looking for ways to circumvent it.

I expect that there are more clubs keen to see that the regulations are enforced than those that have breached them. I can't see clubs like BHA letting this die.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I expect that there are more clubs keen to see that the regulations are enforced than those that have breached them. I can't see clubs like BHA letting this die.

It only takes one club to appeal against their FFP punishment to tie the whole thing up, though.

Much though I'd love to see something like FFP in place, I suspect that we'll see it die a death.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What's stopping Forest or any other team buying a very low level league club, buying players through them, and then loaning (or selling if that's allowed) the players to the parent club for free straight away?

Watford, Charlton and leeds are basically doing just that. Circumventing FFP by signing players via their sister clubs in Europe.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My feeling is that Tony Bloom and Paul Barber have a better idea of whether or not FFP will work and be implimented. Hence, they're making an effort to conform.

Alternatively, TB may just not fancy spunking £14m of his own money every year and wants us to be sustainable, which is also perfectly acceptable and sensible.

Seems strange that he's talking about this as if its something they didn't know anything about.

I do hope that the punishments are reinforced by a rule that says you can't enter any FL division unless you have paid the fines previously levied at least one full season before entering that league. That way a team that gets promoted to the PL and subsequently relegated falls all the way to non-league status if they wait and only settle previous fines once they know they are being relegated. This rule would ensure full compliance very quickly!
... or it could mean a lucrative TV deal for the Conference, if a lot of clubs end up being punished this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here