Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Statment - how does this affect club?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As supporters and board members for many years, four of Brighton & Hove Albion's non-executive directors have decided to buy shares in the football club.

The board agreed the best way for the investment to be made was for the non-executive directors to each purchase newly issued shares ensuring their investment directly benefits the club.
Robert Comer, Adam Franks, Peter Godfrey, and Marc Sugarman have each purchased 5,000 shares. As per company law requirements, they have paid the nominal value of £1 per share.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, "All four non-executive directors wanted to reinforce their commitment to the club and each brings their own individual expertise and experience as valued members of the club's board.

"These investments in the club now means that all of our non-executive directors – including Ray Bloom and Derek Chapman – are now shareholders in the club ensuring our club complies with best practice corporate governance standards.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
So this has raised the measly sum of £20,000.

Hardly an investment is it, more small change

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They'll need four new chairs in the boardroom.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
£1, eh? Not 1p ...

So the club have admitted the shares are worth a pound. I wonder if DK will give it another go at selling his as the club are going to struggle to convince an auditor his are worth less.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Eames Lobby Chair Office Chair
leather black/frame aluminium chrome/with soft wheels
4 weeks
£ 4.599,00 EACH !!!

So £20.000 investment - £18,396 plus delivery £150.00 for four new chairs makes a profit of around £1450.00

Golden.... :thumbsup:

They do look nice though....

Attachments

• 4497.jpg
    4497.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 1,779

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So the club have admitted the shares are worth a pound.

its only a nominal amount. i have a company registered with share captial of 100 x £1 shares. the company is not worth £100, unless perhaps someone desperately wanted to use the company name (they wont :lolol:). this is just a tidy up so that all directors are shareholders, limiting any liability.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I haven't a clue what this is about. Clearly nothing to do with the £20,000, which is peanuts in footy terms. This must be because the club have realised there is some administrative or fiscal advantage to do so.
Bit miffed I never got asked :glare:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
£1, eh? Not 1p ...

Yep, the nominal value of the shares in the company, and the rate at which ALL new shares would be (and have been) issued at.

Of course, that £1 has absolutely nothing to do with the current market value of the shares, as I'm sure an intelligent man like yourself fully knows.

But it is good of Dick Knight's ghost-writer to ensure that we fully appreciate the nominal amount paid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could it be something to do with a future sale of the club?

Maybe, but probably not for personal gain tho eh? With a £5000 stake in the club, you're hardly going to get uber-rich, even if the value of the shares doubles. Got to be small change to the people involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here