Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Watford 'signing'

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Yep it's a very obvious dodge. Which they are taking massive advantage of.

This is also the same Watford who signed over a dozen players last season whilst under transfer "embargo", though, so shouldn't expect much from them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What's to stop any club owner buying a cheap club in ( for example ) Scotland, to feed players through to get around FFP ???

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If there is a way to be creative with FFP then Watford will be doing it

Rules are there to be bent, happens in every walk of life, good luck to them as far as I'm concerned. If a club can avoid the constraints of FFP and have the money to spend of course they will do it. We would probably be looking for loopholes if TB hadn't already sunk way too much money into this club :shrug:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I was in charge of the FL, they wouldn't be able to do it. FFP decisions would be at the league's discretion. This is a clear dodge, and shouldn't be allowed. Man City and PSG should be feeling a bit silly.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But they are following the rules. Pretty sure no one would complain if we were doing it.....

You don't get banter do you? It was a bit of a gag. It's a nice hot day.

But if we're being serious, then I'd say that if true, then they're not acting within the spirit of the law, and that's not something anyone likes to see. I wouldn't be particularly proud if we were doing it. Hey ho, that's football, and there's no morals in this particular sport.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If I was in charge of the FL, they wouldn't be able to do it. FFP decisions would be at the league's discretion. This is a clear dodge, and shouldn't be allowed. Man City and PSG should be feeling a bit silly.

But why shouldnt they be allowed ? They have loaned a player from a feeder club, plenty of partnerships like this happen between clubs - Swindon and Tottenham being another.

If Granada want to spend money on a player and then loan them out immediately, then its their issue. Doesnt mean they are dodging FFP at all, its adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5. Plenty of players have been signed then immediately loaned out as the club wanted that specific player (or they became available) at a certain time but the actual club doesnt need them at that time.

Again, it isnt rule-breaking - so why wouldnt you allow it ? I guess all loans which dont include fees are dodging FFP as well then.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But why shouldnt they be allowed ? They have loaned a player from a feeder club
Again, it isnt rule-breaking - so why wouldnt you allow it ? I guess all loans which dont include fees are dodging FFP as well then.....
They haven't loaned him out, they've sold him.

Dec 29, 2011
Didn't realise Vydra had gone back to Watford. They've assembled a good quality squad, I expect them to be challenging for promotion again this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Point still remains, what Granada want to do is their problem and since no one knows what they actually paid, if they paid anything - can any judgement be made ?
Whether we like FFP is a separate question, but if we're to have it, then of course people shouldn't be allowed to own two clubs, and use one to feed the other. That would just end FFP for some clubs. Man City can just buy an amateur side - say Bolney, and sign players for £75 million, immediately selling them to City for £1.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Whether we like FFP is a separate question, but if we're to have it, then of course people shouldn't be allowed to own two clubs, and use one to feed the other. That would just end FFP for some clubs. Man City can just buy an amateur side - say Bolney, and sign players for £75 million, immediately selling them to City for £1.

But that isnt what has happened here and obviously that would never happen. Your just using exaggerated scenarios to show that you dont like how FFP is, that is all. Owners owning 2 clubs in 2 countries can logistically be useful, scouting teams share info, coaches share knowledge etc, but signing players on large fees for 1 club, then selling them the week after to a feeder club wouldnt ever happen. There is no proof any rulebreaking has actually happened.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
But that isnt what has happened here and obviously that would never happen. Your just using exaggerated scenarios to show that you dont like how FFP is, that is all. Owners owning 2 clubs in 2 countries can logistically be useful, scouting teams share info, coaches share knowledge etc, but signing players on large fees for 1 club, then selling them the week after to a feeder club wouldnt ever happen. There is no proof any rulebreaking has actually happened.

It all smells a bit fishy though doesn't it. That's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here