Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flying Ant Day

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
At least it is outside my place just west of Hove Park. Seagulls going mad for it, will be a few run over by the days end I guess.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is in Hangleton as well although the seagulls are lucky still to be alive after their 4am wake up calls everyday for the last two weeks !

I have no idea why, but flying ant day fascinates me.

Later today the sky will be alive with them and birds plucking them out of the air.

Marvelous scenes.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Just sitting here watching the hatch , Ants are bloody amazing , the workers carrying the fallen wings back to the nest for further re-cycling , next door seems not to be so fascinated by them and giving a nest the boiling hot kettle treatment , that will explain the vote Green sticker in their window

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Gazillions of the little bar-stewards swarming around Northumberland Park railway station in Tottenham

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
My koi carp go mad for them.

Also if you put one on a frog's head, they do that amazing SLURP quick tongue lash thing without barely moving, so cool to watch.

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
We had our explosion in Tarring last weekend. An hour of carnage both on the ground and in the air, then they were gone...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
M
Also if you put one on a frog's head, they do that amazing SLURP quick tongue lash thing without barely moving, so cool to watch.

How on earth to you :

a. Catch a flying ant
b. Put it on a frog's head

??

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
How on earth to you :

a. Catch a flying ant
b. Put it on a frog's head

??

Find a frog besides your pond, primed and ready. It probably helps I have loads of frogs that come back to their home to breed every year.
Pick up one of the many flying critters by the wings, they're slow as hell when on foot and plenty to choose from.
Place said critter on the head of the frog.
<SCHHHHLUUURRRRPOP!> and it's gone.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
9am this morning, they were all off just like someone had opened a big gate.

I was walking around the Rock Garden this morning with NSC legend, Jack, Straw and i mentioned to him this natural wonder of the world....and he laughed at me !!!!!

So i told him to look on here and i'll guarantee they'll be a thread on it.

:thumbsup:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
9am this morning, they were all off just like someone had opened a big gate.

I was walking around the Rock Garden this morning with NSC legend, Jack, Straw and i mentioned to him this natural wonder of the world....and he laughed at me !!!!!

So i told him to look on here and i'll guarantee they'll be a thread on it.

:thumbsup:
And here it is!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here